[Mod] Improved Kha'ak v0.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

catarix
x4

Re: [Discussion] Improved Kha'ak mod

Post by catarix » Sun, 23. Dec 18, 18:19

I love your mod for X3. It was my favorite mod. I played a lot with it
Back to current situation. I like your idea to make Kha’ak more alien to our word. I think they should have separate logic and behavior compare to ordinary races. They should use unique strategy and goals

I could offer the following ideas.
1. Kha’ak has only M class (usual/base pyramid form ship) and mobile platform
2. M class is very fast, can combine itself to groups acting like one body. For example 5 pyramids can be connected into one bigger pyramid (level-2 pyramid). five level-2 pyramids transform into one level-3 pyramid (consist of 125 base pyramids)
3. Mobile platform is very slow and powerful (based on original Kha’aks defense platform). Speed for example 10-50 m/s no more. One platform can destroy L class. But it has beam turrets only from one side.
4. Logic. Kha’ak attacks in 2 ways:
4.1 fast raids with M class. The goal to harass supply lines.
4.2 Slow invasion with mobile platforms and M class. Goal to block a sector by blocking the gates. Mobile platform slowly moving to destination point. When they are here they start to create a hive. As soon as hive is ready it is starting to produce new M class and platforms for the next gate or sector (if all gates in that sector are blocked)
4.3 Final goal for Kha’ak to block all gates in universe and destroy all other races.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 07:07

Been toying around with the modding structure and getting things a bit nicer, heavily reliant on jobs so far though.
  • 2 new ship variations which sport missile launchers instead of beams, Thorn and Sting missiles are back, will really wreck your day, and are exactly what they needed to be on par with other races. :lol:
  • To ensure compatibility with the bigger overhaul mods I have not directly altered base damage, will probably have to have a couple versions for taste though. For the moment, and completely opposite of the original Kha'ak which devastated hulls, the beams do extra shield damage.
  • The poor Kha'ak bases in Matrix #451 has been decommissioned, all the Khaak from there have moved to the other two bases (and brought friends!) instead of fruitlessly annoying the Xenon and using up your CPU time.
  • A handful of swarms will attack various places in the universe randomly.
  • In a tribute to the original IK, all Kha'ak ships do a touch of damage when they explode (1,000-5,000 depending on size)...though much less than the originals that used mines (10,000-50,000)...for now :lol:

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 07:12

is it possible to make khaak station's to actualy build they ships? i see in they jobs build at shipyard = false and they station not in shipyard class in station.xml.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 07:49

adzipp wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 07:12
is it possible to make khaak station's to actualy build they ships? i see in they jobs build at shipyard = false and they station not in shipyard class in station.xml.
The god engine just warps them in from the jobs file now and again, I think. Have not yet ran a long duration game to ensure they are respawning.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 09:42

7ate9tin11s wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 07:49
adzipp wrote:
The god engine just warps them in from the jobs file now and again, I think. Have not yet ran a long duration game to ensure they are respawning.
They not that's the point...

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 17:02

adzipp wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 09:42
7ate9tin11s wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 07:49
adzipp wrote:
They not that's the point...
Ah, I see. Added a respawn interval to their job, that should fix it.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Re: [Mod] Improved Kha'ak v0.1

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 23:40

Oh, what is this?

Download
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/189

Merry Christmas! :khaak:

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 24. Dec 18, 23:42

See you're getting organized here, good for you, in the vanilla game Khaak are barely a bother and never seen in groups yet. And noting bigger than heavy fighter...ever...so they need the help. :roll:

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 06:16

KRM398 wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 23:42
See you're getting organized here, good for you, in the vanilla game Khaak are barely a bother and never seen in groups yet. And noting bigger than heavy fighter...ever...so they need the help. :roll:
You won't find anything higher than heavy fighters, they lack assets for them yet atm.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 06:36

Requiemfang wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 06:16
KRM398 wrote:
Mon, 24. Dec 18, 23:42
You won't find anything higher than heavy fighters, they lack assets for them yet atm.
Yup, makes them a challenge to increase the difficulty for, that's for sure. Of course, if anyone gets some models in for capships then I can always integrate those into the mod. For now though, we just have small and medium ships :(

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 09:14

Well i tested it a little, looks very interesting, however they now only deploy's swarm of mines and dont shoot with they kyon weapon's...

FlynTie

Post by FlynTie » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 09:45

I'm glad to see someone tackling the Khaak! But you have some errors in your mod.

In the effects.xml you forgot the closing tag </effects>
And in God is the <diff> tag is borked.

Edit: And you have a typo in wares.xml. nvidium -> nividium

If for some reason you didn't know, you can add a commandline property to your executable "-logfile x4-game.log" for instance and the game will create a log file in your documents folder. Makes it much easier to spot minor problems like yours.

Anyway looking forward to what you come up with. :)

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 17:59

why does AI missiles dont have a timer but mine does? all the missiles just follow me until the end of time in the sector, but mine explode after some short time

how the hell do you people get rid od missiles lol???
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:09

FlynTie wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 09:45
I'm glad to see someone tackling the Khaak! But you have some errors in your mod.

In the effects.xml you forgot the closing tag </effects>
And in God is the <diff> tag is borked.

Edit: And you have a typo in wares.xml. nvidium -> nividium

If for some reason you didn't know, you can add a commandline property to your executable "-logfile x4-game.log" for instance and the game will create a log file in your documents folder. Makes it much easier to spot minor problems like yours.

Anyway looking forward to what you come up with. :)
Weird, everything appeared to be working for me in the last test and I did not feel a reason to check that file. -sigh-

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:10

adzipp wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 09:14
Well i tested it a little, looks very interesting, however they now only deploy's swarm of mines and dont shoot with they kyon weapon's...
That's really odd, mine shot me dead rather quickly in testing. What other mods are running? If you have something that heavily tweaks the AI then you may need to remove aiscripts/fight.attack.object.fighter.xml. I patch it to insert a mine laying routine at the beginning of the main loop...if you're adds another loop to the file then it may cause mine swarms.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:15

7ate9tin11s wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:10
adzipp wrote:
That's really odd, mine shot me dead rather quickly in testing. What other mods are running? If you have something that heavily tweaks the AI then you may need to remove aiscripts/fight.attack.object.fighter.xml. I patch it to insert a mine laying routine at the beginning of the main loop...if you're adds another loop to the file then it may cause mine swarms.
It is the attack.fighter script that couse this i run FOCW with it and blackrain also edit that script and his mod also couse the fighters refuse to shoot.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:16

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 17:59
why does AI missiles dont have a timer but mine does? all the missiles just follow me until the end of time in the sector, but mine explode after some short time

how the hell do you people get rid od missiles lol???
I have the missiles limited to 9.5 and 27.5 seconds (sting/thorn) with 7 and 15 km ranges, they seemed to destruct for me. They are also designed to have trouble hitting smaller fighters due to their speed versus turning radius.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:36

adzipp wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:15
7ate9tin11s wrote:
adzipp wrote:
It is the attack.fighter script that couse this i run FOCW with it and blackrain also edit that script and his mod also couse the fighters refuse to shoot.
The latest versions of his script do not mess with that file (There was a bug in that version of FOCW), I'd suggest upgrading.

adzipp

Post by adzipp » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:47

7ate9tin11s wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:36
adzipp wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:15
7ate9tin11s wrote:

The latest versions of his script do not mess with that file (There was a bug in that version of FOCW), I'd suggest upgrading.
I know this script in improved khaak mod too and when i delete it all return to normal exept the khaak's but with it khaak and all fighters stop shooting. i am using the last focw 1.25

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:56

adzipp wrote:
Tue, 25. Dec 18, 18:47
I know this script in improved khaak mod too and when i delete it all return to normal exept the khaak's but with it khaak and all fighters stop shooting. i am using the last focw 1.25
Very strange, just running tests now and stuff shoots at me fine. Killed me too since I was in the starter discoverer. The only way it could cause such an issue would be if it was replacing instead of adding to the file. I only add one small if statement prior to the first do_if in the first do_while.

Please check to ensure there are no other mods affecting that file and, if possible extract your fight.attack.object.fighter.xml to send it to me. Maybe the file is different for different localizations?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”