[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.1 and ashipmod

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 10:33

turosp wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 09:46
I played like 30 hours with ashipmod installed and I really liked it - thanks for creating it!

Now I tried a new start with ROR and there are a lot of enemy ships in every sector, at least 5-6 small ones, a few mediums and got a K in Hatikvah's Choice I, it was going rampant next to the highway. So, is this normal after like 20minutes in a freshly started game or something went wrong?

I use these mods at the moment which I think may affect the start:
- ROR: main and AI (without the invasion mods)
- ashipmod: main and AI (without the invasion mod)
- all four modules from Faction War/Economy Enhancer

Keep up the good work!

cheers
Nosayton
Umm. what.
There is no AiShipmod AI or Main with ROR those mods are redundant and ROR was created with them built into the core main https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1705279348
Your only choice now is adding the MK1 AI module and if you want MK1 or MK3 ship variants and you may install both if desired.
Last edited by Misunderstood Wookie on Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 10:48

Thecrippler wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 09:59
sco1981 i will like to say ty for your mod you did a excellent job but there is a small issues i notes in may game play argon are getting wrecked fast by the Ossian Raider and argon are not building the cap ships to fight back i have battleship mod and faction_fix + Rise of the Ossian Raider mod is there a option if you can look at argon mechanics you see i wanna stick to the vanilla game play but argon won't build cap ships

At the moment, fighting mechanics does not work in this game, the factions try to conquer sectors with construction ships and even defend themselves with construction ships.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:12

Thecrippler wrote:
sco1981 i will like to say ty for your mod you did a excellent job but there is a small issues i notes in may game play argon are getting wrecked fast by the Ossian Raider and argon are not building the cap ships to fight back i have battleship mod and faction_fix + Rise of the Ossian Raider mod is there a option if you can look at argon mechanics you see i wanna stick to the vanilla game play but argon won't build cap ships
Got argon wrecked even with ROR version 1.1? There should a lot fewer invasion ships beeing built, but the old ones need to be destroyed first.
Did you looked at the shipyard, were all resources available?

You can try to use Mysterials faction enhancer, it would enhance all factions behavoir.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:30

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:12
Thecrippler wrote:
Got argon wrecked even with ROR version 1.1? There should a lot fewer invasion ships beeing built, but the old ones need to be destroyed first.

You can try to use Mysterials faction enhancer, it would enhance all factions behavoir.
I am TSC3000 from Nexus and the Teladi / Xenon problem also affects the Argons, they do not build and send warships even though the shipyards have enough material and work.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:37

TSchmidtC wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:30
sco1981 wrote:
Thecrippler wrote:

I am TSC3000 from Nexus and the Teladi / Xenon problem also affects the Argons, they do not build and send warships even though the shipyards have enough material and work.

I did not touch the other factions. Can you look at the shipyards queues, which ships are in there?
Maybe there is a bug in the factionlogic script. :gruebel: Can you try with mysterials faction enhancer please?

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:49

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:37
TSchmidtC wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 11:30
sco1981 wrote:

I did not touch the other factions. Can you look at the shipyards queues, which ships are in there?
Maybe there is a bug in the factionlogic script. :gruebel: Can you try with mysterials faction enhancer please?
It's a problem of the game they behave that way even without mods. I watched the ORA invasion, the factions can not defend themselves. This has nothing to do with your mod.

I've tested it with faction War which causes many problems to be steered and evaded by the mod but the fighting gets faster so I'm waiting for the VRO patch to test it all together.

turosp
x4

Post by turosp » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 12:33

ledhead900 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 10:33
turosp wrote:
Umm. what.
There is no AiShipmod AI or Main with ROR those mods are redundant and ROR was created with them built into the core main https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1705279348
Your only choice now is adding the MK1 AI module and if you want MK1 or MK3 ship variants and you may install both if desired.
With "ROR: main and AI (without the invasion mods)" I definitly thought about this:
Submods (Default deactivated - can be activated in the game extensions menu):
- AI: known factions are using these ships <- I have this enabled
- flagships mk1: invasions of Xenon R and Ossian Raider flagships - you should have some capital ships <-- this not
- flagships mk3: invasions of Xenon R and Ossian Raider flagships - you should have many capital ships <-- this not

Bad wording from my side, sorry for that!

I have ashipmod installed because the freedom carriers in it are not mk1/mk3, as it is written by Sco here
"!!! Attention !!!
If you use ashipmod, then you should deactivate the AI and flagship mods of ashipmod.
If you want to get rid of ashipmod, just sell your mk2 ships and buy the new mk1 or mk3 ships of this mod."

Aaand, that's why I wrote Sco, I do not know whether this partly redundancy is the root of so many enemy ships after 20 minutes in a fresh game or this is intended and I have to get used to it.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 13:02

turosp wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 12:33
ledhead900 wrote:
turosp wrote:
Umm. what.
With "ROR: main and AI (without the invasion mods)" I definitly thought about this:
- flagships mk1: invasions of Xenon R and Ossian Raider flagships - you should have some capital ships <-- this not
- flagships mk3: invasions of Xenon R and Ossian Raider flagships - you should have many capital ships <-- this not

I have ashipmod installed because the freedom carriers in it are not mk1/mk3, as it is written by Sco here
"!!! Attention !!!
If you use ashipmod, then you should deactivate the AI and flagship mods of ashipmod.
If you want to get rid of ashipmod, just sell your mk2 ships and buy the new mk1 or mk3 ships of this mod."

Aaand, that's why I wrote Sco, I do not know whether this partly redundancy is the root of so many enemy ships after 20 minutes in a fresh game or this is intended and I have to get used to it.
Either you can run both but disable the Ashipmod AI and Flagship modules 'balanced or battleship version as you never run both!)
is what SCO means, but I took what SCO said about disabling the AIShipmod modules as to mean if you had AShipmod installed before ROR you had to disable the Ashipmod modules and kill off the flagships in your save to get ROR to work correct.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 13:34

ledhead900 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 13:02
turosp wrote:
ledhead900 wrote:

Umm. what.

"!!! Attention !!!

Either you can run both but disable the Ashipmod AI and Flagship modules 'balanced or battleship version as you never run both!)
is what SCO means, but I took what SCO said about disabling the AIShipmod modules as to mean if you had AShipmod installed before ROR you had to disable the Ashipmod modules and kill off the flagships in your save to get ROR to work correct.
Right.
If you start a new game, all ships of the jobs (vanilla and mod jobs), which have startactive = true (most ones) spawn at a fresh game start.
So it is normal, that you see so many ships around.
But if you want to start with a fresh game, i would advise to deactive all ashipmod' mods.

turosp
x4

Post by turosp » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 13:43

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 13:34
ledhead900 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 13:02
turosp wrote:
Right.
If you start a new game, all ships of the jobs (vanilla and mod jobs), which have startactive = true (most ones) spawn at a fresh game start.
So it is normal, that you see so many ships around.
But if you want to start with a fresh game, i would advise to deactive all ashipmod' mods.
Okay, these answers clarify everything! Thank you, both of you! :)

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 15:55

Is 1.1 not save game compatible with saves made with 1.0?

The trader stations aren't showing up (used a cheat mod to revel the galaxy after searching for an hour), and the gate to the Teladi sector is still active.

Otherwise, I feel like invader ships could be built in the shipyard, that should slow them down. I changed that myself and they are still putting up a good fight.
That's just a suggestion.

Biggest gripe I'm having right now however is a symptom of egosoft's terrible AI. I doubt there is anything you can do, just thought I'd mention it.
The Ossains just beeline past my blockades, and seem utterly focused on laying waste to Silent Witness I and Hatikvah's Choice I.
Only when those sectors are under siege do they seem to spread out.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:14

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 15:55
Is 1.1 not save game compatible with saves made with 1.0?

The trader stations aren't showing up (used a cheat mod to revel the galaxy after searching for an hour), and the gate to the Teladi sector is still active.

Otherwise, I feel like invader ships could be built in the shipyard, that should slow them down. I changed that myself and they are still putting up a good fight.
That's just a suggestion.

Biggest gripe I'm having right now however is a symptom of egosoft's terrible AI. I doubt there is anything you can do, just thought I'd mention it.
The Ossains just beeline past my blockades, and seem utterly focused on laying waste to Silent Witness I and Hatikvah's Choice I.
Only when those sectors are under siege do they seem to spread out.
It should compatible, strange.
The Gate to Teladi should be shutdown. The invader ships are build at shipyards only! Which jobs did you edit?
Maybe there was something wrong with the steam update process. :gruebel:

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:59

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:14
The Gate to Teladi should be shutdown. The invader ships are build at shipyards only! Which jobs did you edit?
Ok, well I double checked, You are correct, Invaders are built in shipyards.
I remember seeing jobs named invader that had the shipyard flag set to false, but when I extracted the original cat file again the new files had it set to true. Very strange.
I'm using the files off Nexus, I don't like the Workshop auto-update.

As for the stations and gate, I'm clueless. The new sector is there, just none of the stations are. Tested with a save that never ran the mod and things worked.
Also made sure to delete any extracted files just in case, but they still didn't show.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:01

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:59
sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 16:14
Ok, well I double checked, You are correct, Invaders are built in shipyards.
I remember seeing jobs named invader that had the shipyard flag set to false, but when I extracted the original cat file again the new files had it set to true. Very strange.
I'm using the files off Nexus, I don't like the Workshop auto-update.

As for the stations and gate, I'm clueless. The new sector is there, just none of the stations are. Tested with a save that never ran the mod and things worked.
Also made sure to delete any extracted files just in case, but they still didn't show.
I am working on a patch to fix the station issues.
Maybe, can you provide your savegame for some tests and analytics please?

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:23

I can provide a save if you want, any type you'd prefer? Before first loading this mod, Pre-1.1 or just one as-is?

I do use a number of other mods, but only ones that matter are:
faction_fix_pack and addons, from steam workshop
Jealousy ship mod, from nexus (My command ship, can just switch to another for a save)
And a map mod of my own creation, Haven't released it as I'm just not confidant enough in it.
Everything else SHOULD be cosmetic, or just new ship orders for my ships.

If you still want the save, I'll provide it and my map mod if needed via pm.

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.12 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:00

Version: 1.12:
- Fixed station spawn and sector takeover of triton
- Fixed Flagship script for R and Sanctuary

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:08

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 18:23
I can provide a save if you want, any type you'd prefer? Before first loading this mod, Pre-1.1 or just one as-is?

I do use a number of other mods, but only ones that matter are:
faction_fix_pack and addons, from steam workshop
Jealousy ship mod, from nexus (My command ship, can just switch to another for a save)
And a map mod of my own creation, Haven't released it as I'm just not confidant enough in it.
Everything else SHOULD be cosmetic, or just new ship orders for my ships.

If you still want the save, I'll provide it and my map mod if needed via pm.
Can you please test the new version? If the problem still persist, then i would like to have your savegame. :)

Aranov
x4

Post by Aranov » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 23:51

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:08
Can you please test the new version? If the problem still persist, then i would like to have your savegame. :)
Tested, Stations are up now. The Teladi Jumpgate remains a mystery, I'm assuming it'll be stuck in the save. Small price for awesome looking ships

Thank you for all your hard work on this mod!

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 09:05

Aranov wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 23:51
sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 12. Apr 19, 22:08
Tested, Stations are up now. The Teladi Jumpgate remains a mystery, I'm assuming it'll be stuck in the save. Small price for awesome looking ships

Thank you for all your hard work on this mod!
Glad the stations are there now.
Can you test it with a new game, is the Teladi Gate open too?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 13. Apr 19, 11:19

Version 1.13:
- Fixed Sucellus main weapon resources
- Fixed debug "tools" and messages

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”