[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sco1981
x4

[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:54

Compatible to 3.3, 4.0 Beta, Split DLC and VRO

This is my new mod, it has all ships and features of ashipmod.

Bilder:
Spoiler
Show
Last version 2.x:

Added Normandy SR2
Added paranid ships to trinity faction
Moved Eureka Mk1 engines

- Added compatibility to 4.0 and DLCs
- Balanced VRO compatiblity patch available
For full list see changelog on Nexus:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/311

Deadairgate Overhaul compatibility patch:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gel5d8u7fgkc9 ... r.zip?dl=0
For using DeadAirGate Overhaul, you have to add following line in the content.xml of my ror mod:
<dependency id="ws_2082610651" optional="true" name="DeadAir Gate Overhaul"/>

Short Overview of this mod:
- This mod contains 2 new factions with new capital ships and a new sectors
- Contains all ships of my other modification (ashipmod) with many changes and bugfixes
- More animiations and effects
- Compatibility to Ojumps Dawn of Rebirth and ashipmod
- Ships are exists as mk1 and mk3 variants (mk3 variant ships have more hull, shields and turrets)

Features of ashipmod:
- Ported Arawn, Sucellus and Taranis from XR
- Created a new flagship for the Teladi/Min - Albatross Freedom Carrier
- Created a new flagship for the Paranid/Holy Order- Poseidon Freedom Carrier
- Created a new flagship for SCA/HAT - Bayamon
- Created a new Capital turret for Arawn, Albatross, Poseidon and Bayamon
- Created new resized engine with shipyard icon
- AI can use these ships (ashipmod_ai mod)
- New protector flagships, which guard the main sectors (ashipmod_flagship mod).
- A new threat for the galaxy: Xenon - R System Destroyer (player can capture this with enough marines and firepower)
- A new overpowered Mainweapon for the Xenon R (AI will use this not very often - you lucky ones)

Ships in game:
Arawn, Sucellus, Taranis, Albatross Freedom Carrier, Poseidon Freedom Carrier, Xenon R, Pirate Bayamon, Eureka Eight, Sanctuary, Eos, Lynx, Astraeus and Eternal Dawn.

Many thanks to the egosoft.com and egosoft discord community!

Download and pictures:
Rise of the Ossian Raider:
https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations ... escription
ashipmod:
Last edited by sco1981 on Thu, 18. Mar 21, 14:04, edited 66 times in total.

Jaswolf
x4

Re: [Mod] Taranis

Post by Jaswolf » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 22:49

Great work !

ADMNtek
x4

Post by ADMNtek » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 00:37

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:54
Hi,

this is a Test Mod which i created for learning modding. I hope Ojump will finish his mod somedays, cause i think his models will be overall better.
I have some Questions and maybe someone has answers for me. :-)

What are <connection name="con_countermeasures_002" tags="countermeasures "> and <connection name="con_dockarea_arg_xl_carrier_01" tags="dockarea"> in a ship xml file?
And how do i define the docking point and direction for the ship to dock at a shipyard?

Download and pictures:
i think the con_countermeasures_002 is where the game spawns the countermeasures when you drop them. and con_dockarea_arg_xl_carrier_01 defines the ships docking point. someone on the nexus did mention a odd docking position for this ship.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 00:45

ADMNtek wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 00:37

i think the con_countermeasures_002 is where the game spawns the countermeasures when you drop them. and con_dockarea_arg_xl_carrier_01 defines the ships docking point. someone on the nexus did mention a odd docking position for this ship.
Thank you. I am looking into it, but could not figure out how to change the docking behavoir yet.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 00:59

How did you get the model to appear in game? I was working on a Scaldis project but ended up giving up.

If you havent already you can control where the ships built in the wares.xml file.
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

Ojump
x4

Post by Ojump » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 02:30

sco1981 wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 21:54

Why are there more than one <connection name="con_countermeasures_001" tags="countermeasures "> entry in a ship xml file?
And how do i define the docking point and direction for the ship to dock at a shipyard?
For docking point, Changing The waypoints seems to be the way to define the docking path.

As for the coutermeasures => more entry points, more countermeasures "spawning points"

KongDeluxe
x4

Post by KongDeluxe » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:27

First good looking xl ship in the game!

alexringess
x4

Post by alexringess » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 13:59

Bravo !!

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 16:55

Ojump wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 02:30

For docking point, Changing The waypoints seems to be the way to define the docking path.

As for the coutermeasures => more entry points, more countermeasures "spawning points"
thank you again.
i hope i find a good looking docking position for all shipyards and trading stations.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:56

Really like this mod so far, much prefer the balanced version.

One issue I came across, depending on the angle it is at, it likes to shoot itself with the bottom large turret, it hits the radar dish and damaged itself.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:37

unit757 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:56

One issue I came across, depending on the angle it is at, it likes to shoot itself with the bottom large turret, it hits the radar dish and damaged itself.
thank you, will look into this.

[Edit] moved the turret in version 1.4, so it shouldn't happen again.
Last edited by sco1981 on Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:46, edited 2 times in total.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 19:58

Reaperxvii wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 00:59
How did you get the model to appear in game? I was working on a Scaldis project but ended up giving up.

If you havent already you can control where the ships built in the wares.xml file.
At which point did you give up and which files did you edit for the new path?

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:24

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 18:37
unit757 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 17:56

thank you, will look into this.

[Edit] moved the turret in version 1.4, so it should happen again.
Awesome, I'll update and give it a test on some poor pirates.

One other issue which I just noticed now in 1.3, which I'm guessing you just added, the rotating radar on top of the bridge (****ing awesome addition) fades out of view unless you are practically ontop of it.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 20. Dec 18, 23:36

unit757 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:24

One other issue which I just noticed now in 1.3, which I'm guessing you just added, the rotating radar on top of the bridge (****ing awesome addition) fades out of view unless you are practically ontop of it.
Yeah, i tried many things, but i think the third lod file is missing, so i guess it will always disappear.
Maybe someone has an idea how to fix this.

TR0LL
x4

Post by TR0LL » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 00:39

Could you make an idiot's guide to adding ships? Id really like to add some Eve Online ships.
Last edited by TR0LL on Fri, 21. Dec 18, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 06:35

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 23:36
unit757 wrote:
Thu, 20. Dec 18, 20:24

Yeah, i tried many things, but i think the third lod file is missing, so i guess it will always disappear.
Maybe someone has an idea how to fix this.
How is it set up? I'm going to guess its similar to how animated extras were in X3, being attachments. Is the LOD built into the model itself, or is it looking for a file that can't be found? I haven't looked at all into the X4 models yet, but assuming they follow previous X games setups, one of the teladi biomes has an animated radar you could possibly have it attach instead. That was one of the things I really liked about the Rebirth capital ships, they all felt more... alive? Made it feel more like a ship then just a floating box.

I did also have a thought on the engines. Is there any way you can tell it to use the model for the L sized engines instead of the XL ones? They should be smaller, and thus fit better.

Or absolute worst case you could change it to an L sized ship so it uses the parts, but retaining the cost and stats of an XL?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:11

unit757 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 06:35

How is it set up? I'm going to guess its similar to how animated extras were in X3, being attachments. Is the LOD built into the model itself, or is it looking for a file that can't be found? I haven't looked at all into the X4 models yet, but assuming they follow previous X games setups, one of the teladi biomes has an animated radar you could possibly have it attach instead. That was one of the things I really liked about the Rebirth capital ships, they all felt more... alive? Made it feel more like a ship then just a floating box.

I did also have a thought on the engines. Is there any way you can tell it to use the model for the L sized engines instead of the XL ones? They should be smaller, and thus fit better.

Or absolute worst case you could change it to an L sized ship so it uses the parts, but retaining the cost and stats of an XL?
The Rebirth radar exists on its own, but i think i have to add the third lod to the dae file. And there is the problem, i can't export from dae to xml yet.
I tried to add the lods to the xml file and created copy-lod files in the data folder, but nothing changed.
Don't see the teladi radar as extra xml variant, only paranid have one. But this is big as the ship and don't looks like a radar.

The L engines i tried too, but they are way too small. It looks very ugly then. Resize the whole model isn't possible as well resize the engines.
I don't get the export to work yet. :(

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:13

TR0LL wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 00:39
Could you make an idiot's guide to adding ships? Id really like to add some Eve Online ships.
A complete guide is a lot of work and importing ships of other games seems to be impossible right now.
But someone wrote a good startup:
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=409698

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:28

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 08:11
unit757 wrote:
Fri, 21. Dec 18, 06:35

The Rebirth radar exists on its own, but i think i have to add the third lod to the dae file. And there is the problem, i can't export from dae to xml yet.
I tried to add the lods to the xml file and created copy-lod files in the data folder, but nothing changed.
Don't see the teladi radar as extra xml variant, only paranid have one. But this is big as the ship and don't looks like a radar.

The L engines i tried too, but they are way too small. It looks very ugly then. Resize the whole model isn't possible as well resize the engines.
I don't get the export to work yet. :(

Ahh, ok. Shame, but I'd imagine as time goes on, and more people start to get involved with modding someones going to figure it out. Keep up the good work though! Rebirth's ships are to beautiful to be left behind in that game

Xfan989
x4

Post by Xfan989 » Fri, 21. Dec 18, 19:21

Keep up the nice work. Ship variety is a problem in X4, so ship mods are more than welcome.
If you somehow manage to get the engines fixed to the right size, and the drones working (says for me drones unavailable, even when I have some on board), that would be amazing.
Overall, the visuals with turrets and shields work quite nicely, you picked some good spots for minimal clipping.

If you plan on further upgunning the "True Battleship" version, I marked some spots that just seem to be waiting for turrets :P

Also, the two L turrets you added in V1.5 (I marked them in the pic below) - I suggest to create a new turret group for those two, to be more flexible in weapon choice.
Die Nacht ist nur so dunkel, damit man sie besser sieht.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”