[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sco1981
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.21 and ashipmod

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 20:08

TSchmidtC wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 19:54
Here is a picture of a large fleet patrolling the sector and not intervening, I took the picture after the fleet reversed its course 180 degrees. is from the current test game.

https://share-your-photo.com/f1f70b76be

As in the previous game when the door to the TEL main sector was still open and the ORA attacked it looked the same.
If you look at the Argon XL shipyard, then there should appear XL or L ship queues. But it takes some time after they got destroyed.

This is a really big fleet, seems not to be vanilla job.
I saw in your savegame the called destroyer and he engaged the K.
You should try the faction enhancer war module, maybe they are doing better in patrol and engaging.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Thu, 18. Apr 19, 20:20

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 20:08
TSchmidtC wrote:
Thu, 18. Apr 19, 19:54
Here is a picture of a large fleet patrolling the sector and not intervening, I took the picture after the fleet reversed its course 180 degrees. is from the current test game.

https://share-your-photo.com/f1f70b76be

As in the previous game when the door to the TEL main sector was still open and the ORA attacked it looked the same.
If you look at the Argon XL shipyard, then there should appear XL or L ship queues. But it takes some time after they got destroyed.

This is a really big fleet, seems not to be vanilla job.
I saw in your savegame the called destroyer and he engaged the K.
You should try the faction enhancer war module, maybe they are doing better in patrol and engaging.

The HOP have such big fleets at the beginning and the number is different because it is from the new game. In the Save you have the HOP sent the first attack on Second Contact 2 of these fleets, without mods.

The picture I took yesterday in the game.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 04:46

If there are fleets in sector that are not helping it is probably because by default a lot of jobs are set to patrol a zone and not the sector

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 21:24

I need a little information about why the ARG have not built stations and whether the error has been corrected or bypassed. In second contact two ARG stations have appeared on one is being built and at the same time ARG is building a production in Stiller Witness. The economic situation is very bad and almost no factories are built. Of the TEL, I've equipped most sectors with satellites and they have not built a production factory yet. The problem is probably not limited to the ARG.

21.04.2019 The changes that you have made to the ARG are having a good effect, the sector defense to get the ships to help is now working for the ARG. When I place satellites at remote stations and Xenon and Khaak show up, the sector security comes immediately.It is the same even if you play without mods. The behavior of the ARG now makes a better impression.
The ARG build but also very little, which could also be because there is little material that I have to continue watching.
These changes you have made you must probably perform for all groups and maybe even for the ORA and TTC because they have not turned up after 25 hours and 50 minutes.

It is so that the action capabilities of the factions were limited by the ROR Mod and the change in the ARG the ARG this ability to act back.
Last edited by TSchmidtC on Sun, 21. Apr 19, 12:01, edited 6 times in total.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Sat, 20. Apr 19, 08:03

Hello,

A question. Were khaak taken out by your mod?
If yes why?
The 2 new factions do not do anything?
The ORA only small weak ships, why?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 15:04

QUESTION: I have an old "ashipmod" installed. If i want to upgrade to the current mods, can i just DL the new ones and delete the old mod?

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 17:12

swatti wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 15:04
QUESTION: I have an old "ashipmod" installed. If i want to upgrade to the current mods, can i just DL the new ones and delete the old mod?
source: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1705279348
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 19:25

TSchmidtC wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 21:24
I need a little information about why the ARG have not built stations and whether the error has been corrected or bypassed. In second contact two ARG stations have appeared on one is being built and at the same time ARG is building a production in Stiller Witness. The economic situation is very bad and almost no factories are built. Of the TEL, I've equipped most sectors with satellites and they have not built a production factory yet. The problem is probably not limited to the ARG.

21.04.2019 The changes that you have made to the ARG are having a good effect, the sector defense to get the ships to help is now working for the ARG. When I place satellites at remote stations and Xenon and Khaak show up, the sector security comes immediately.It is the same even if you play without mods. The behavior of the ARG now makes a better impression.
The ARG build but also very little, which could also be because there is little material that I have to continue watching.
These changes you have made you must probably perform for all groups and maybe even for the ORA and TTC because they have not turned up after 25 hours and 50 minutes.

It is so that the action capabilities of the factions were limited by the ROR Mod and the change in the ARG the ARG this ability to act back.
The Argon station build problem should be fixed, because the construction vessels can be build now.
Will check to ORA, why they are passiv.
raim729 wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 08:03
Hello,

If yes why?
Nothing changed at khaak, but will look at ORA faction behavoir.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 21:06

sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 19:25
TSchmidtC wrote:
Fri, 19. Apr 19, 21:24

The Argon station build problem should be fixed, because the construction vessels can be build now.
Will check to ORA, why they are passiv.
raim729 wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 08:03
Hello,

If yes why?
Nothing changed at khaak, but will look at ORA faction behavoir.
The ARG are currently the only major faction that works properly in combat. For the others, these corrections must also be made.
So far everything is fine with the Khaak

The picture shows that at the ARG as soon as an enemy emerges in the sector the available emergency services immediately eliminate the enemies
https://share-your-photo.com/b44337974a

I took the picture today.

The factions have in X4 for the first time a game of Inteligens and if that is disturbed, the whole game does not work properly.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 21:56

TSchmidtC wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 21:06

The ARG are currently the only major faction that works properly in combat. For the others, these corrections must also be made.

The picture shows that at the ARG as soon as an enemy emerges in the sector the available emergency services immediately eliminate the enemies

The factions have in X4 for the first time a game of Inteligens and if that is disturbed, the whole game does not work properly.
The Argons couldn't build the construction vessel, L, M and S ship and i fixed this. So Argon behavoir should be vanilla. Other factions, i didn't touch the wares. So i cannot fix these factions.
You could just try Mysterials faction enhancer.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 22:01

sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 21:56
TSchmidtC wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 21:06

The Argons couldn't build the construction vessel, L, M and S ship and i fixed this. So Argon behavoir should be vanilla. Other factions, i didn't touch the wares. So i cannot fix these factions.
You could just try Mysterials faction enhancer.

I test the game with the ROR MOD to tell you what does not work properly through this MOD. In the game without a mod these things all work.

You have to fix the causes of mistakes, not treat the symptoms. On my last test ROR with Faction WAR in the old savegame the mod could not correct anymore, the disturbances became more and more.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 17:07

TSchmidtC wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 22:01

I test the game with the ROR MOD to tell you what does not work properly through this MOD. In the game without a mod these things all work.

You have to fix the causes of mistakes, not treat the symptoms. On my last test ROR with Faction WAR in the old savegame the mod could not correct anymore, the disturbances became more and more.
I can't imagine where the problem of the other factions comes from. I didn't touch anything of the other factions. Did they have the same problems like argon had?
So aren't there some shiptypes not beeing built?

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 19:19

sco1981 wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 17:07
TSchmidtC wrote:
Mon, 22. Apr 19, 22:01

I can't imagine where the problem of the other factions comes from. I didn't touch anything of the other factions. Did they have the same problems like argon had?
So aren't there some shiptypes not beeing built?
The problems of the other factions are a bit different but over time it gets worse and in the end it's just like the argons. I think the faction is disturbed as a whole unit and can not perform the actions that are required. There are still little or no stations being built, ships are being built at the moment when there is material, In the queue is only Unknown ship , only when one is actually built I see what it is. The combat behavior of the others does not work properly especially destroyers do not fight, only if they are shot they shoot back.

I'm not a programmer, but a good observer, maybe it's because of the mod's ties to the game, as it now seems to hit the "Central Nervous System"

Some of these things were as well as all I had ever played with the ashipmod.
It would have to be something that both mod parts touch independently of each other.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 21:21

TSchmidtC wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 19:19

The problems of the other factions are a bit different but over time it gets worse and in the end it's just like the argons. I think the faction is disturbed as a whole unit and can not perform the actions that are required. There are still little or no stations being built, ships are being built at the moment when there is material, In the queue is only Unknown ship , only when one is actually built I see what it is. The combat behavior of the others does not work properly especially destroyers do not fight, only if they are shot they shoot back.

I'm not a programmer, but a good observer, maybe it's because of the mod's ties to the game, as it now seems to hit the "Central Nervous System"

It would have to be something that both mod parts touch independently of each other.
Like i said before, ashipmod doesn't touch anything of factionlogic, it adds ships only without edit scripts.
So this was you spotted with ashipmod, must be a vanilla problem of the game i think.
I don't know how to search, because i don't edit things you descripe. Are you really sure, that this behavoir occurs with my mod only and not without mods too?

new version 1.3:
- Changed HolyOrder Relation to ORA, so HOP doesn't spawn at ROR sectors
- Changed invasions jobs (gets active after 15h ingame)
- Changed gate Profit Center Alpha to Bright Promise
- Improved debug level of station spawn script

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:52

sco1981 wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 21:21
TSchmidtC wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 19:19

Like i said before, ashipmod doesn't touch anything of factionlogic, it adds ships only without edit scripts.
So this was you spotted with ashipmod, must be a vanilla problem of the game i think.
I don't know how to search, because i don't edit things you descripe. Are you really sure, that this behavoir occurs with my mod only and not without mods too?

new version 1.3:
- Changed HolyOrder Relation to ORA, so HOP doesn't spawn at ROR sectors
- Changed invasions jobs (gets active after 15h ingame)
- Changed gate Profit Center Alpha to Bright Promise
- Improved debug level of station spawn script
I have played all my starts without mods to see how the game is going and to make everything visible with satellites, there are no such problems. The first conspicuities came all the time I used the ashipmod balance, in this test with the ROR mod I have them from the beginning on it and can see that things do not work as they should. Maybe the game itself is too unmanageable to deal with, but it gives the impression that the AI ​​is disturbed and in different areas.
The game seems to me very slim programmed and everything is connected with thin threads. As an example, with the patch 2.0, the resources probes are no longer working in all sectors but nothing was done in this area.

In addition, every game start with a different version number is a bit different because some things are not taken over during the game. I have the game start with version 2.21 because the Teladi / Xenon in Green scale problem is already fixed,
not in running games. in version 2.5 it should be repaired again. Maybe these things also affect the interaction with the mod.

The current savegame
https://www.file-upload.net/download-13 ... ml.gz.html
Last edited by TSchmidtC on Thu, 25. Apr 19, 09:55, edited 1 time in total.

TSchmidtC
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by TSchmidtC » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 09:49

With version 1.3 things seem to be improving, as I have discovered in the HOP main sector 2 complete defense stations of the Xenon, the HOP became active and attacked one, and the destroyer fleets of the HOP are now attacking. The ORA have attacked Bright Promise, which defend MIN, but they must also defend Ianamus Zura IV against the Xenon. As the TEL are not actively fighting, they have quickly lost the corporate sector. The faction relationship of the HOP to the ORA has not changed. The ORA have so far set up 6 storage sites in the Shining Promise sector.

The problem with the Teladi could possibly be related to the Teladi / Xenon problem in the Green Scale and Matrix # 451 sectors.

The game even with the mod is more stable, fps are also better.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 16:15

TSchmidtC wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 09:49
With version 1.3 things seem to be improving, as I have discovered in the HOP main sector 2 complete defense stations of the Xenon, the HOP became active and attacked one, and the destroyer fleets of the HOP are now attacking. The ORA have attacked Bright Promise, which defend MIN, but they must also defend Ianamus Zura IV against the Xenon. As the TEL are not actively fighting, they have quickly lost the corporate sector. The faction relationship of the HOP to the ORA has not changed. The ORA have so far set up 6 storage sites in the Shining Promise sector.

The problem with the Teladi could possibly be related to the Teladi / Xenon problem in the Green Scale and Matrix # 451 sectors.

Strange, i didn't changed anything, which could improve the behavoir. :gruebel:
Does Teladi produce M, L and XL ships but don't fight ?
Relation ORA to HOP is changed to a new game only, because it is relevant at gamstart only.

TSchmidtC
x4

Post by TSchmidtC » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 17:22

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 16:15
TSchmidtC wrote:
Thu, 25. Apr 19, 09:49

Strange, i didn't changed anything, which could improve the behavoir. :gruebel:
Does Teladi produce M, L and XL ships but don't fight ?
Relation ORA to HOP is changed to a new game only, because it is relevant at gamstart only.

Maybe you removed something that caused a mistake.
The Teladi destroyers do not fight and even flee, so they have lost one but not replaced. They build ships when material is there. The MIN fight with 3 destroy against the ORA and Xenon and when they are broken they build new at the Teladi.
The Teladi can not use their own construction ships, and call especially the ARG and ANT Construction ships into the Xenon sector Matrix #451 which is the same as the Teladi / Xenon bug in Green Scale, and I think that does not make the Teladi work properly.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 17:15

Man I have to say: "Bravo"!

My game style is a little slow so I only had 73Mil built up and getting a Teranis MK2 outfitted was no laughing matter at $52Mil. I had to sell an Odysseus to feel comfortable with my money. Holy HELL though. Finally! This actually feels like a capitol should. I have enough turrets to have station-module-melting plasma on the left/right/bottom as well as beam to swat defense drones, and an Odysseus worth of missile turrets for other capitols. The 4 main battery cannons are great, I really wish that was present on the MK1, even if it were just 2. Anyway this makes an ideal companion to my carrier and gives me something much more survivable to run when HOP fleets try to stop me wrecking their sectors.

I have a question though. I'm a bit confused on all the modules you can add/turn on. My understanding is this:

mainmod: I can buy the ships, but just me.
mk1 - AI: AI for all the vanilla factions can build and field MK1 and MK2 ships (but don't invade with them?).
mk1 flagships: AI can build and field MK1 and MK2s AND will begin to invade using MK1
mk2 flagships: AI can build and field MK1 and MK2s AND will begin to invade using MK2

So I should not face invasion fleets of the new ships from either vanilla or mod-added factions until I turn on mk1 flagships or mk2 flagships right? I just want to be sure I understand the implications.

I'm getting ready to let the AI have the ships too but I don't want to end up facing flagship invasions, I'm not there financially yet and I can't just crank out destroyers by the score so I need to progress a bit slowly before I start letting invasions run rampant.

Again, thanks for this mod. This really was a treat last night when my Teranis Mk2 was pummeling a station and the L/M beams were taking out defense drones like a laser bug-zapper. THIS is what a battleship should feel like! If your fighters don't have missiles, you need not apply. Only a defense station that launched enough drones to paint the map red was enough to make me fall back to the rest of the fleet for extra support. This now feels like the M2 class from X3. Not to be trifled with.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 26. Apr 19, 21:39

Oh yeah my custom logo is a 256x256 image but it's cropped close to the borders so most all of it is logo. The Terannis is cutting off maybe the lower 1/8 of the logo on the front, a bit more on the sides. Just a cosmetic deal but I thought I would report.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”