[MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v2.0 and ashipmod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TSchmidtC
x4

Re: [MOD] Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3 and ashipmod

Post by TSchmidtC » Fri, 3. May 19, 09:56

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 3. May 19, 08:08
TSchmidtC wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 21:01
sco1981 wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 19, 18:20
Yeah, it is a strange behavoir. The ORA faction is using the default factionlogic from the game.
Can you test this with faction war enhancer? Maybe mysterial did fix it in his mod, because he wrotes and changed a lot of factionlogic behavoir.

Included in update/ patch 2.5
Fixed factions building more defence stations than they should.
Thanks for the info. Did you test it with 1.5 already?

I wait until patch 2.5 is finished to see how it works.

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Sun, 12. May 19, 20:48

Hi, I translated your mod into French, if you want the translation, tell me.
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate » Tue, 21. May 19, 09:39

Hello! I have the same problem - it is unavailable to buy mk1 and mk3 ships of maximum protection. I can buy all mk1 and mk3 ships with low protection and shields. Can you upload you savegames with available mk1 and mk3 ships of maximum protection? May tbe this problem with savegames. Also I can sent you my screenshots.

Savaj
x4

Post by Savaj » Wed, 29. May 19, 14:53

I ran this for a few days from a new game start and it was pretty fun. Intense... To be honest I have a headache now because of the constant pressure of trying to prevent the Teladi from being annihilated. I can barely spare a second to do anything else. I was killing Behemoths with a Sonra for a while :roll: ... Very little time to build relations.

I'm envisioning a sort of mission chain where the player initiates a series of events that reactivates the portals that then starts the invasion. Also, I begin to feel disappointed when there is no MK3 version of my favorite X4 ships and I pretty much have to switch over to the Ossian stuff.

Great mod, I look forward to seeing how to this develops and I hope to try it again a bit later.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Thu, 30. May 19, 16:15

Just reporting that with RoOR, ships that I built prior to the 2.5 update exhibited the following behavior after 2.5:

- When commanded to Upgrade/Repair at a shipyard or eq dock, repairs to modules and hull would complete but any new equipment, personnel, or consumables would never be installed. The ship would be forever stuck on "executing" the change equipment order in the queue.

- When given an order to exchange consumable wares the same result. The command would hang although in this case it would become "critical" thus locking up the ship to all further orders as critical orders can't be deleted from the queue.

Building a new ship of the same type and load out solves the problem. The new ship will operate properly (at least as far as change equipment orders goes, it was late by then). I suspect that this has to do with some changes in the XML that the update did not make in the mod-based ships.

alexalsp
x4

Post by alexalsp » Sun, 9. Jun 19, 13:44

RUS LNG - Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3

Rise of the Ossian Raider_1.3_rus_lng

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 18:41

Any chance for Scaldis and Heavy Sul?

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 15:15

It would be nice if there was an option to forego Theia and the ORA in this. Adding this mod in to a long-standing game was fun. Starting with it has been pretty miserable so far. I've done nothing but fight for the entire game start with the Xenon in TEL sectors and was just getting to some level of balance and now ORA are popping Behemoths and Eureka 8's out the gate into Bright Promise. The Eureka 8's may as well just be labeled "You lose". I've now had to cheat myself hundreds of millions to have battleships way early because I was nowhere near capable of fielding them in 24hrs and Destroyers may as well be flies. The 8's are really no fun to engage in sector since in just a couple missile salvos your turrets are gone even on a Terannis. Inside Theia I'd say there's 8 or so Mk1s and just as many Mk3s waiting so I'd have to have billions to even consider going on the offensive and stay OOS while I did it.

This is without any of the flagships mods installed.

ETA: I hope I'm not coming off as snarky or griping, I just think it would be nice if the mod could be setup to allow you to have or not have the Ossian Raiders in case we're not as interested in going flat-out for maximum money and fleets.

draugar77
x4

Post by draugar77 » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 20:38

Great mod, love the ships! "Faction Enhancer - War Module" is running alongside to spice things up. Finally there is something to do. Hope to see more Rebirth Ships in future. *hands up*

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sat, 29. Jun 19, 21:32

Savaj wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 14:53
I ran this for a few days from a new game start and it was pretty fun. Intense... To be honest I have a headache now because of the constant pressure of trying to prevent the Teladi from being annihilated. I can barely spare a second to do anything else. I was killing Behemoths with a Sonra for a while :roll: ... Very little time to build relations.

I'm envisioning a sort of mission chain where the player initiates a series of events that reactivates the portals that then starts the invasion. Also, I begin to feel disappointed when there is no MK3 version of my favorite X4 ships and I pretty much have to switch over to the Ossian stuff.

Great mod, I look forward to seeing how to this develops and I hope to try it again a bit later.
Did you have one of the flagship submods enabled? Do the Ossian Raider invade with XL or with L ships only?
It should enable the invasions after 15h ingame time.
o-papaya-o wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 20:48
Hi, I translated your mod into French, if you want the translation, tell me.
Sure, will it include, thank you. Can you give me a link?
photomankc wrote:
Thu, 30. May 19, 16:15
Just reporting that with RoOR, ships that I built prior to the 2.5 update exhibited the following behavior after 2.5:

- When commanded to Upgrade/Repair at a shipyard or eq dock, repairs to modules and hull would complete but any new equipment, personnel, or consumables would never be installed. The ship would be forever stuck on "executing" the change equipment order in the queue.

- When given an order to exchange consumable wares the same result. The command would hang although in this case it would become "critical" thus locking up the ship to all further orders as critical orders can't be deleted from the queue.

Building a new ship of the same type and load out solves the problem. The new ship will operate properly (at least as far as change equipment orders goes, it was late by then). I suspect that this has to do with some changes in the XML that the update did not make in the mod-based ships.
I tested it with a 2.2 savegame, my ships seems to run fine after change equipment. Can you upload a savegame please?
alexalsp wrote:
Sun, 9. Jun 19, 13:44
RUS LNG - Rise of the Ossian Raider v1.3

Rise of the Ossian Raider_1.3_rus_lng
Thank you again, will inlcude it in the next version.
photomankc wrote:
Fri, 14. Jun 19, 15:15
It would be nice if there was an option to forego Theia and the ORA in this. Adding this mod in to a long-standing game was fun. Starting with it has been pretty miserable so far. I've done nothing but fight for the entire game start with the Xenon in TEL sectors and was just getting to some level of balance and now ORA are popping Behemoths and Eureka 8's out the gate into Bright Promise. The Eureka 8's may as well just be labeled "You lose". I've now had to cheat myself hundreds of millions to have battleships way early because I was nowhere near capable of fielding them in 24hrs and Destroyers may as well be flies. The 8's are really no fun to engage in sector since in just a couple missile salvos your turrets are gone even on a Terannis. Inside Theia I'd say there's 8 or so Mk1s and just as many Mk3s waiting so I'd have to have billions to even consider going on the offensive and stay OOS while I did it.

This is without any of the flagships mods installed.
ETA: I hope I'm not coming off as snarky or griping, I just think it would be nice if the mod could be setup to allow you to have or not have the Ossian Raiders in case we're not as interested in going flat-out for maximum money and fleets.
Did they start to invade right after creating a new game? They should wait 15h till the first invasion. Maybe this is too short :gruebel: I will try to include some better code to check the player ingame time and after 36h or something, it should start the invasion.
Eureka 8 mk1 should have 4 missile turrets only, do they have more in your savegame?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Sun, 30. Jun 19, 18:08

new version released:

Version 1.31:
- Added missed Weapon icons
- Added TTC equipment dock macro
- Added EOS base hull
- Added RUS language (thanks to alexalsp)
- Fixed position of Sanctuary front docks
- Fixed Taranis Logo positions
- Fixed relations of TTC and ORA to other factions
- Locked ORA Faction reputation
- Changed ORA and TTC station spawn to one time only
- Fixed Sanctuary and Eternal Dawn Protector ship name
- Fixed not intended respawning of Guard ships
- Added possibility to change/repair all weapons and shields of R at the TTC shipyard

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 17:21

Hi, short Question, why can't I build some big carriers in the game when I do have the money and the resources are there, but the selected ship is in red text....
Level 30 with a faction and all licenses, but still no can do!
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 18:11

Mr.Killer wrote:
Wed, 3. Jul 19, 17:21
Hi, short Question, why can't I build some big carriers in the game when I do have the money and the resources are there, but the selected ship is in red text....
Level 30 with a faction and all licenses, but still no can do!
Hi,

at which shipyard do you want to buy these ships? In general ships which has "Protector" in their name aren't buyable for the player. These ships are the flagship variants for each faction to defend against flagships of other factions or the player. :)
I didn't find a way to hide these ships yet, because the AI needs to build these ships at the same shipyard.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 17:21

I'm sorry, I don't have any 2.2 saves now. I definitely saw that issue with the ships carried into 2.5 and it was not present on ships I built new after that. Sounds like it's not easily reproducible though.

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jun 19, 21:32
Did they start to invade right after creating a new game? They should wait 15h till the first invasion. Maybe this is too short :gruebel: I will try to include some better code to check the player ingame time and after 36h or something, it should start the invasion.
Eureka 8 mk1 should have 4 missile turrets only, do they have more in your savegame?
I'd say the invasions were right about the time you indicate, it's just that the Xenon in this game were WAY more aggressive than before tearing up I-Zura and Hewa's Twin within 8 hours of game time and with this lumped onto that it was a bit overwhelming trying to prevent the Teladi from collapsing on me. Destroyers, unless in massive groups, are not very effective against the Eurekas, even an Mk1. Even just getting through the shielding on the engines or the L turrets is incredibly difficult. They are a white-knuckle opponent for a Teranis Mk3 or two. For the few destroyers I had by that point it was just about impossible. I think 24 to 36 hours would be better. I don't think you are going to invade and stomp out Thiea early on so they can start invading later in the game when a casual player may finally have means to pump out more than just destroyers.

I don't think they have more missile turrets than you indicate but the weak shielding on destroyer M turrets and the very few that destroyers posses makes a couple of salvos pretty devastating for them. In-sector I have not worked out a good strategy to take on the Eureka's in an L ship. They constantly roll around and the aiming system for main batteries and turrets can't cope with that at all as well as the shielding on the big weapons and the engines is THICK. This combines to make it hard to even knock out those 4 missile turrets so I'm clobbered by missiles really fast. AI fleet pilots are dead before they can do much to help in sector too. I tried going after it OOS - in numbers I could field. The 6 destroyers were stripped of turrets very quickly and then forced to run before I'd even made a dent in the shields. So at the time they arrived they were effectively invincible to anything I could bring to the fight and the TEL were all but dead. Every destroyer was gone and they were too resource locked to even produce a fighter.

I had to cheat in money to allow me to get a coulple of mk3 Teranis and personally fly one to even have a chance and that was after trying to solve the universal shortages. Then just a few minutes later... out pops another invasion with a couple destroyers and another Mk1 Eureka. It was a bit frustrating.

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Wed, 10. Jul 19, 17:35

sco1981 wrote:
Sun, 30. Jun 19, 18:08
new version released:

Version 1.31:
- Added missed Weapon icons
- Added TTC equipment dock macro
- Added EOS base hull
- Added RUS language (thanks to alexalsp)
- Fixed position of Sanctuary front docks
- Fixed Taranis Logo positions
- Fixed relations of TTC and ORA to other factions
- Locked ORA Faction reputation
- Changed ORA and TTC station spawn to one time only
- Fixed Sanctuary and Eternal Dawn Protector ship name
- Fixed not intended respawning of Guard ships
- Added possibility to change/repair all weapons and shields of R at the TTC shipyard

Thanks for the work!

The Taranis looks good now and I love that ship.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 9. Aug 19, 10:35

photomankc wrote:
Wed, 10. Jul 19, 17:21
I'm sorry, I don't have any 2.2 saves now. I definitely saw that issue with the ships carried into 2.5 and it was not present on ships I built new after that. Sounds like it's not easily reproducible though.

sco1981 wrote:
Sat, 29. Jun 19, 21:32
I'd say the invasions were right about the time you indicate, it's just that the Xenon in this game were WAY more aggressive than before tearing up I-Zura and Hewa's Twin within 8 hours of game time and with this lumped onto that it was a bit overwhelming trying to prevent the Teladi from collapsing on me. Destroyers, unless in massive groups, are not very effective against the Eurekas, even an Mk1. Even just getting through the shielding on the engines or the L turrets is incredibly difficult. They are a white-knuckle opponent for a Teranis Mk3 or two. For the few destroyers I had by that point it was just about impossible. I think 24 to 36 hours would be better. I don't think you are going to invade and stomp out Thiea early on so they can start invading later in the game when a casual player may finally have means to pump out more than just destroyers.

I don't think they have more missile turrets than you indicate but the weak shielding on destroyer M turrets and the very few that destroyers posses makes a couple of salvos pretty devastating for them. In-sector I have not worked out a good strategy to take on the Eureka's in an L ship. They constantly roll around and the aiming system for main batteries and turrets can't cope with that at all as well as the shielding on the big weapons and the engines is THICK. This combines to make it hard to even knock out those 4 missile turrets so I'm clobbered by missiles really fast. AI fleet pilots are dead before they can do much to help in sector too. I tried going after it OOS - in numbers I could field. The 6 destroyers were stripped of turrets very quickly and then forced to run before I'd even made a dent in the shields. So at the time they arrived they were effectively invincible to anything I could bring to the fight and the TEL were all but dead. Every destroyer was gone and they were too resource locked to even produce a fighter.

I had to cheat in money to allow me to get a coulple of mk3 Teranis and personally fly one to even have a chance and that was after trying to solve the universal shortages. Then just a few minutes later... out pops another invasion with a couple destroyers and another Mk1 Eureka. It was a bit frustrating.
You are right, the invasions were way to early especially with the faction enhancer mod. I like ORA to be a real pain or a serios foe, but do you think the missile turrets should be weaker at the Eureka Mk1?
Dunno how strong the Eureka Mk1 is compared to Taranis Mk1 or Sucellus Mk1. Maybe some more tests in the future are necessary. :D

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Tue, 13. Aug 19, 10:09

It feels like atm all these ships are absurdly tough. I spend more then one hour to take half of the engines on Bayamon mk.1 using my Nemesis. At this point it flew like in another galaxy...
And it was so fast in non-travel mode, that can outrun torpedoes!
Add to this hundreds of repair drones and you got just huge amount of time wasted on nothing. :evil:

Faction enhancer installed too. Maybe it messes with ship modules that much, making them so undestroyable?

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 14:14

ScandyNav wrote:
Tue, 13. Aug 19, 10:09
It feels like atm all these ships are absurdly tough. I spend more then one hour to take half of the engines on Bayamon mk.1 using my Nemesis. At this point it flew like in another galaxy...
And it was so fast in non-travel mode, that can outrun torpedoes!
Add to this hundreds of repair drones and you got just huge amount of time wasted on nothing. :evil:

Faction enhancer installed too. Maybe it messes with ship modules that much, making them so undestroyable?
These ships should be a real threat, so they shouldn't able to be captured with a L ship.
But beside that, i think your mentioned combat behavoir comes mostly of faction enhancer.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Thu, 15. Aug 19, 15:27

sco1981 wrote:
Thu, 15. Aug 19, 14:14
These ships should be a real threat,
Yea. Alright. The problem is that there is no ship for disabling such motherships. Very hard and time consuming with Nemesis. And if you bring fleet, they just kill it. Kind a no way to capture.
But alright.

One more question. Do LOD comes with new models or generated by game? Because new ships looks not very pretty from a distance, models broke too much.

DaMuncha
x4

Post by DaMuncha » Fri, 16. Aug 19, 12:53

I would like to use this mod but I worry that when the DLC comes out this may break the game.

And what I've read this version of ship mod breaks the game by making the new ships nearly indestructible. Can I see the stats of the new ships before I downlaod this?
Just... another... bug.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”