CAG, EST, CLS port/remake?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ship to ship transporter

Poll ended at Mon, 11. Feb 19, 15:03

Lump cost in with CLS software
25%
Create a new "Transporter" ware
25%
Use transporter research (no additional cost)
50%
Other (described in comments)
No votes

Total votes: 12

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: CAG, EST, CLS port/remake?

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:54

ah, so you are referring to the Prices for the Player where the %s of commissions and rebates are included... For that you have to find the offer on the Station and get the price of the offer, because that's what the Player and all Trade ships see/look for.

I don't know why .buyprice and .sellprice return the average price, but it might be because the Ware is only traded there, not produced or consumed, which makes prices not depend on storage. Also these don't include aforementioned %s but rather represent the price setting of the station before they are applied.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 17:27

UniTrader wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 09:54
ah, so you are referring to the Prices for the Player where the %s of commissions and rebates are included... For that you have to find the offer on the Station and get the price of the offer, because that's what the Player and all Trade ships see/look for.

I don't know why .buyprice and .sellprice return the average price, but it might be because the Ware is only traded there, not produced or consumed, which makes prices not depend on storage. Also these don't include aforementioned %s but rather represent the price setting of the station before they are applied.
You can't get a trade offer, because they are not trade wares. Entirely different category. Things that are built like ships' equipment are not stockpiled, thus the normal trading method does not work at all. In essence, the ware doesn't exist until after you have ordered it built. So you are not in fact trading at all, you are ordering a build, even if the build is for more ammo for an existing ship. I ran into this issue with my Sat Network mod and, had hoped they would have fixed this for 2.0, but they didn't. It doesn't look like ships that rearm at player shipyards would pay for their supplies, unless that is happening somewhere outside of the resupply interrupt. If it is, I can't find it.

Update Day 19: Found a work around for the price issue. It now charges you the same amount that you would see in the UI. Trying to find a way around the restarting order thing. add_build_to_modify_ship creates an order, which is what is causing the problem, and also a horrible design. Can you imagine trying to create a fleet command script like CODEA when every time a ship needs to rearm it wipes all of the variables and restarts? What a nightmare. Not to mention the inevitable performance hit from having to recalculate everything all over again.

Been sick that past few days, and getting worse, may not be an update for a day or three.

albysmith
x4

Post by albysmith » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 07:47

How did you add skills?

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 15:17

hi im one of them that played x3 ,really respect you for this mod wen ready ,will you be giving codea a shot ,this mod was epic in x3

regards

photomankc

Post by photomankc » Mon, 18. Mar 19, 17:51

Dear God thank you for working on bringing this to X4!

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Sun, 24. Mar 19, 09:58

morbideth wrote:
Fri, 1. Mar 19, 17:27

Been sick that past few days, and getting worse, may not be an update for a day or three.
I hope you are ok. Seems it was more than just a cold. Get well soon!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”