[OUTDATED] Autotrade Logic Adjustment v1.0.2

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vim Razz
x4

Re: [MOD/FIX] Autotrade Logic Adjustment v1.0.2

Post by Vim Razz » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 06:23

So it seems that I was a bit too optimistic in my guesses as what the vanilla traders might be in 2.0b2. They seem to be approaching changes pretty cautiously.

2.0 beta 2 changes the way the $tradevalue metric is calculated, and doesn't affect the function of this mod at all. It looks like it's an experiment in approaching issue 3 in the list of things I posted in the bug forum last moth, introducing a volume component to the $tradevalue calculation to help alleviate the exiting problems with $tradevalue when comparing wares of different volumes, but unfortunately the current version does it backwards. It divides the $tradevalue by ware volume rather than multiplying it, meaning that wares with smaller volumes receive an even greater bias than before.

That being said, it doesn't actually have any effect on overall trader decision making in it's current form. $tradevalue is only used to rank sell offers of the same ware against each other. The decision of which ware to trade is still determined alphabetically, though that may be something they're looking at changing if their tinkering with the manner in which $tradevalue is calculated?

We'll see. The beta update doesn't affect the operation of this mod at all, but I thought I'd comment here in case anyone happened to be interested in what sorts of changes they're experimenting with.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Fri, 15. Feb 19, 08:16

I didn't even bother to see how it looks in 2.00 beta, I'm going to use this mod until someone in this thread tell me to stop doing it ;) Game with it works exactly as it should - autotraders are making profit, no extra options, no (noticable) performance loss, I don't know what Egosoft could do better ;)

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 16. Feb 19, 22:45

Sincee 2.00 beta 1, I have been playing without Autotrade Logic Adjustment installed, and restarted my traders autotrading from scratch with each new beta that has come out.

So I have a Demeter + Mercury + Pelican on AutoTrade, two Magnetars mining and two Gas collectors (I forget their name, starts with S)

With Beta 3, after stopping all orders and resetting their behavior, I noticed the distance they can cover has been restricted to 4 jumps at most at the moment, I guess this will now depend on the pilots experience ..

.. But the amount of profit they can pull in is hardly worth bothering with traders, though beta 3 is certainly a bit better than beta 2 and 1 was, its still glacial compaired with having AutoTrade Logic Adjustment installed. I dont want traders to make me an instant billionaire, but the way egosoft have it just now feels like my traders are making really bad decisions all the time.

Soo looking forward to stopping beta testing and getting AutoTrade Logic Adjustment installed again. But then I wanted to see if there would be any impact on this mod and update as necessary first. Sounds like there is no concern in that regard.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

g_BonE
x4

Post by g_BonE » Tue, 5. Mar 19, 19:31

Have been running this throughout the 2.0 betas and it still seems to improve trader logic on 2.20 beta. The only concern i have is that the log gets spammed with these lines:

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 23841.27 Error in AI script trade.find.free on entity 0x260d2: Property lookup failed: $table_selloffers.{10670.833f}
* Expression: $table_selloffers.{$list_sortedsellofferkeys.{$Counter}}.available
Maybe the author needs to have another look to update this to 2.x ? Thanks a lot!
(x|x) .oO[ Fenster fährt mich Nüsse !!! ]

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 6. Mar 19, 18:08

g_BonE wrote:
Tue, 5. Mar 19, 19:31
Have been running this throughout the 2.0 betas and it still seems to improve trader logic on 2.20 beta. The only concern i have is that the log gets spammed with these lines:

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 23841.27 Error in AI script trade.find.free on entity 0x260d2: Property lookup failed: $table_selloffers.{10670.833f}
* Expression: $table_selloffers.{$list_sortedsellofferkeys.{$Counter}}.available
Maybe the author needs to have another look to update this to 2.x ? Thanks a lot!
Thanks for the report!

This is a known issue, and has actually been a thing since I first released the mod and has been fixed in the "next version" for awhile. It doesn't have any functional impact on the game, though, so I'd been waiting until game changes that actually required a mod update to release it. The "fix" for it is really just a matter of tightening up list management a bit and suppressing stray error reports.

What's happening here is that the best offer the ship initially found for a particular ware was taken by the time it started it's final trade evaluation, so it's going through the list to look for the "next best" trade offer it found for that ware to evaluate instead, but will generate an error report and move to the next entry if any of the offers it checks during that process are also expired.

I didn't expect it to be this long without any significant changes to core trade logic, though, so I may just end up releasing an updated version with that fix and a few other minor changes anyway. I've just sort of been playing it by ear.

X4 v2.20 beta does include one pretty significant change so far, though: Player-owned free traders will sell stuck cargo automatically if a trade has failed, as long as it's something on their wares that they're assigned to trade. (They will leave it alone if they are not explicitly permitted to trade in that ware.) So, for people who have been using Traders Sell Stuck Cargo: that mod will no longer be needed in the upcoming X4 version 2.20.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Thu, 7. Mar 19, 18:11

Vim Razz wrote:
Wed, 6. Mar 19, 18:08
~ so I may just end up releasing an updated version with that fix and a few other minor changes anyway.
Looking forward to it :)
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”