[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirilius
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.5

Post by Sirilius » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:41

The fix seems to break the game after a while of play. Memory issues, can’t accept missions, can’t speak to NPC in station. :s

If I restart with catch up mod off, can it be enabled at the later date?

Edit

Wanted to add that this is using the Split start, the fire of defeat. I wonder if the script is trying to catch up the free Family even before the Path if Vengeance is completed. The capitulated Free Family might appear to be losing badly so the script keeps trying to bring them up to speed.

Bubonosaure
x4

Post by Bubonosaure » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:29

Yup it's getting unplayable now. Lockboxes keep on popping with ships bunched up on it and my miners as well as IA miners gather up and stutter for hours without mining. I shot an illegal drone and lost reputation because there were 8 other drones inside that drones that just bursted out when it died. It's getting extremely glitchy and laggy.

NB also using the split start with the Asp.

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:39

Bubonosaure wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:29
Yup it's getting unplayable now. Lockboxes keep on popping with ships bunched up on it and my miners as well as IA miners gather up and stutter for hours without mining. I shot an illegal drone and lost reputation because there were 8 other drones inside that drones that just bursted out when it died. It's getting extremely glitchy and laggy.

NB also using the split start with the Asp.
I’ve not tried that other split start, are the Free Family and Zhyarh Patriarchy at war with each other in that start or are the Free Family pretty much “vassals”.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 00:24

Bubonosaure wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:00
In the extension tab, it does say 4.51. Do you think think the bug could be cleaned up as well or is the savegame most likely cooked ?
If you have duplicate stations, you're screwed. It's duplicating every station created by the DLC, which includes the usual random elements, so there's really no way to track what's supposed to be there and what is not.

I wish I had better info for you (or to maybe send to Egosoft...) but when I was experiencing it with the Catchup module, I literally deleted every file in the extension and the issue still happened. Something is going wrong with Egosoft's tracking of what extensions were used in the save and I have no idea how to track it any further. For me, setting save="1" on the module fixed it. Perhaps just for now, I don't know.

If you're still having problems, you have a couple options:
1) Go into your game directory, find extensions\ego_split_dlc\content.xml, turn save="1" to save="0". This will break the DLC importing into old saves, and it will probably break saves if you try to put save="1" back later, but it will work around this issue no matter what extension is triggering it.
2) Find whichever extension is triggering the issue and disable it. For most people that have reported issues, that's apparently the catchup module. If you enable script logging, you can see the issue very easily in the log, because it will have a line about "universe generation" every time you load the save.

EDIT: MORE INFO:
It's still not 100% certain but it appears this issue is caused by saving while having exactly one mod (not counting the DLC) with the save="1" flag.

Therefore, an additional workaround is to edit all your mods' content.xml so they have save="0"
Last edited by Mysterial on Mon, 6. Apr 20, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.

sekkhoasmadi

Post by sekkhoasmadi » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:13

(Coming from the Steam Workshop comment section) I'll add my experience with duplicated stations here.

I'm new to the game so I was unsure what should be normal or not. I first played a 100% vanilla version 3.0 Non-DLC run of about ~20 hours. Loved the game, and decided it would be worth starting again, but this time with DLC and the most recommended mods. So I installed DLC, VRO, NoSuperHighways, and the 4 War/Economy modules.

First thing I noticed immediately was a huge performance hit. I was a solid 60fps everywhere in the game prior to this, and now I'm sitting at ~20-35fps in station and ~45-60fps in space. I chalk it up to the mods being extra intensive.

I then started to notice that some sectors have multiple (3-4) of some production stations. As far as I can tell these sectors are normal Argon/Teldani areas not unique to DLC. Once I started building a fleet of about 10 various medium sized miners, the economy collapsed and sectors stopped buying goods. I'd need to manually issue a sell order to a station many sectors away. This happened within hours of game play, but never happened in the vanilla play through.

Also - there are SOOO many more ships in this playthrough. In the vanilla run, fleets in early game were small handfuls. But shortly after starting playing with all these mods and DLC, each sector is fielding a few dozen military/fighters. Again, not sure if this is normal due to my newness.

I've yet to try to fix anything or change anything, but I'd love to hear what works/doesn't for everyone else.

Bubonosaure
x4

Post by Bubonosaure » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 10:56

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 00:24
Bubonosaure wrote:
In the extension tab, it does say 4.51. Do you think think the bug could be cleaned up as well or is the savegame most likely cooked ?
[...]
Thank you for your thoroughness. I'm gonna try all your solutions and see what works. And if all hell breaks loose, simply waiting it out for a few weeks will be the last resort option. I knew playing with mods post release was risky business but yours truly changed the game for the best back when it came out so I couldn't resist.
Sirilius wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:39
I’ve not tried that other split start, are the Free Family and Zhyarh Patriarchy at war with each other in that start or are the Free Family pretty much “vassals”.
They're vassals of sort, yes. You start on the battlefield, same place as the jaguar start, only you're with the patriarchy. FRF are not hostile to you, though. A mere -5.
sekkhoasmadi wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:13
[...]
Have you tried vanilla 3.0 Split Vendetta ? Complains about bad FPS were numerous on the main section. Many mentioned FPS in the 30-40 range, me included. The mod certainly could have an impact on performances as it's a ton of faction logic and scripts on top of more ships but it's hard to properly gage what is doing what right after release.
As far as the duplication bug goes, it seem to affect more than stations so your save becomes progressively more aggravated. I let you know what worked for me.

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 12:56

How do you determine what is normal and broken behavior?.. i have a few sectors with for example "high tech factories 1 2 and 3/Solar plant 1 2 sometimes 3 etc etc" but these are core systems not affected by any war and my economy is functioning, i have not yet encountered any Duplicated trading stations or shipyards etc with the catch-up module.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 14:14

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 00:24
Bubonosaure wrote:
If you have duplicate stations, you're screwed. It's duplicating every station created by the DLC, which includes the usual random elements, so there's really no way to track what's supposed to be there and what is not.

I wish I had better info for you (or to maybe send to Egosoft...) but when I was experiencing it with the Catchup module, I literally deleted every file in the extension and the issue still happened. Something is going wrong with Egosoft's tracking of what extensions were used in the save and I have no idea how to track it any further. For me, setting save="1" on the module fixed it. Perhaps just for now, I don't know.

If you're still having problems, you have a couple options:
1) Go into your game directory, find extensions\ego_split_dlc\content.xml, turn save="1" to save="0". This will break the DLC importing into old saves, and it will probably break saves if you try to put save="1" back later, but it will work around this issue no matter what extension is triggering it.
2) Find whichever extension is triggering the issue and disable it. For most people that have reported issues, that's apparently the catchup module. If you enable script logging, you can see the issue very easily in the log, because it will have a line about "universe generation" every time you load the save.
For option 2, if you start a new game without Catchup module, can it be enabled during a run? I couldn't seem to disable it on my existing game but it's only 5hrs in so don't mind too much if i abandon it

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:25

No, if you're having the bug, turning whatever triggers it on at any point will immediately break.
JakubCW wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 12:56
How do you determine what is normal and broken behavior?.. i have a few sectors with for example "high tech factories 1 2 and 3/Solar plant 1 2 sometimes 3 etc etc" but these are core systems not affected by any war and my economy is functioning, i have not yet encountered any Duplicated trading stations or shipyards etc with the catch-up module.
That's normal. Duplicate stations will only be in DLC sectors. After a few save/load cycles you'll be up to stuff like "Solar Power Plant VIII" with multiple equipment docks and stuff like that.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:30

will I get that bug if I don't use catchup module?

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:39

I've got a 6 high tech factories in one argon sector but its not DLC, and their are as of yet no duplicate equipment docks/wharfs etc. Not seeing duplicate behavior in DLC sectors yet, 20 hours in to a game atm.

Could this bug be entirely related to the split DLC starts and not the others?

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 16:47

Mr.Freud wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:30
will I get that bug if I don't use catchup module?
I started a new split start with the catchup module off and I’m not seeing any issues.

I’m hoping to turn it back on after the Free Family are no longer vassals.

Discing
x4

Post by Discing » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:01

Hello,

I posted this the vro 2.0 thread was told it might fit better here. I encountered several job errors when creating a new universe with faction enhancers and vro. I pasted a few below. Are these errors expected?

General] 46.79 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 46.79 Error in default context: ShipGenerator: No ship generated using group/ref/macro null
[General] 46.79 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 46.79 [JobEngine] No ship generated for JobID: 'teladi_water_trader_l'. Probably invalid ship macro/group/ref definition.
[=ERROR=] 46.79 Error in default context: ShipGenerator: No ship generated using group/ref/macro null
[=ERROR=] 46.79 [JobEngine] No ship generated for JobID: 'teladi_equipment_trader_l'. Probably invalid ship macro/group/ref definition.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:57

JakubCW wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:39
I've got a 6 high tech factories in one argon sector but its not DLC, and their are as of yet no duplicate equipment docks/wharfs etc. Not seeing duplicate behavior in DLC sectors yet, 20 hours in to a game atm.

Could this bug be entirely related to the split DLC starts and not the others?
No, I personally got it in the scientist start. But for me, the change I made to set the Catchup module to attach to the savegame fixed it. Perhaps it also does for you. That's a lot of what is making this so brutal. For some people, the previous version worked and this doesn't. For some, this version works and the prior version doesn't. For some, it doesn't make any difference at all. In all likelihood this isn't the only extension that can cause it, so some number of people may not even be getting it from this. :(

Since I have no other recourse, I'll try to build a minimum set of files that causes it on my machine and send it to Egosoft. Hopefully they'll both get the issue and be willing to work on mod issues enough to fix it for good instead of us trying to invent weird inconsistent workarounds.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:59

Discing wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:01
Hello,

I posted this the vro 2.0 thread was told it might fit better here. I encountered several job errors when creating a new universe with faction enhancers and vro. I pasted a few below. Are these errors expected?

General] 46.79 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 46.79 [JobEngine] No ship generated for JobID: 'teladi_water_trader_l'. Probably invalid ship macro/group/ref definition.
[=ERROR=] 46.79 [JobEngine] No ship generated for JobID: 'teladi_equipment_trader_l'. Probably invalid ship macro/group/ref definition.
No, I've never seen that before. That kind of error would require the game to be unable to find the L sized Teladi ship data, which most likely means either you have a mod with malformed files or maybe you have data corruption. If you're on Steam try verifying game files.

Discing
x4

Post by Discing » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:05

Thanks for the reply. I will do some more testing to see if I can find the cause.

thanks again!

Thurgret
xr

Post by Thurgret » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 19:35

Anyone managed a few hours today without difficulty? I'd like to start a new game (my old one had the duplication problem) but I'm not sure how long it will take for problems to become apparent.

Also, awesome mod. Thanks.

JakubCW
x4

Post by JakubCW » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:13

I am using 4.50 version with the Terran explorer start, i have not started the scientist plot line or any of the split plots. so far no issue with duplication, i have a few sectors with 6/7 of the same type of station but i suspect these are god built for economic reasons.. no duplicate shipyards/trading stations/wharfs etc, No universe gen error in the script log either still. i don't get why some get the issue and others not.. must be a common denominator here?

Thurgret
xr

Post by Thurgret » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:19

JakubCW wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:13
I am using 4.50 version with the Terran explorer start, i have not started the scientist plot line or any of the split plots. so far no issue with duplication, i have a few sectors with 6/7 of the same type of station but i suspect these are god built for economic reasons.. no duplicate shipyards/trading stations/wharfs etc, No universe gen error in the script log either still. i don't get why some get the issue and others not.. must be a common denominator here?
I got up to ten stations of the same type in one sector, and extra equipment docks in places - that's all in Zyarth space. Perhaps that's intended behaviour after all? No construction ship showed up to make those stations, though; they just appeared.

sekkhoasmadi

Post by sekkhoasmadi » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 20:23

I'm trying another playthrough with all the mods except Catchup - as a few people have discussed that possibly being the source of some issues. I'm also trying the inheritance start - not the scientist start. So far so good, but I haven't been able to make my way to the Argon wharf to check fps or ship counts and station numbers. Ill be making my way there if I can find it :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”