[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.32

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 02:40

In fact, there are a couple extra gate placement options that are enabled if this mod is installed too, since it allows for the AI attacking neutral sectors under certain conditions.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Sat, 11. Jan 20, 05:57

Well, that's groovy. I had no idea they were the same author. Nice!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 03:43

New beta version: Download Link

Mostly bugfixes. I also tweaked the catchup bonus and some war scaling.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 15. Jan 20, 09:21

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 15. Jan 20, 03:43
New beta version: Download Link

Mostly bugfixes. I also tweaked the catchup bonus and some war scaling.
Great! Does it include that Xenon slowdown thing that you mentioned?

Tarr3128
x4

Post by Tarr3128 » Thu, 23. Jan 20, 22:37

I see a very different Xenon behaviour after Beta 5 and your latest Mod version (I used Beta 4 HF2 with your December 24st Beta before.). For some reason where there was only a few xenon before in waves of one P with two M or the like now there are hunter swarms of multiple P's that instantly switch target from whatever they attack the second I get close with my Nemesis. They also coordinate with a K very well that keeps trucking around with them. And seem to pull forces from neighboring sectors.

It would be very neat and challenging if not for the target switching. That is way too much, in my opinion. If it would be somewhat weighted and based on player actions, like getting attacked when trying to disable a capital ship by some of the forces it would better, maybe.

I tried with the base game only and that was like shooting at practice targets, they did no more coordinate with the K and also the attacks of the Ps have been much more spead out.

Some middle ground would be great.

EDIT: Added info about earlier mod version.

Tarr3128
x4

Post by Tarr3128 » Sat, 25. Jan 20, 08:33

And it seems to be gone again, pretty weird. I updated to Beta5HF1 and the Xenon did not swarm me again with the savegame I kept to see what is happening when the update hits.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Feb 20, 21:38

Few errors I noticed in debug, not sure if you are aware.

[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 No matching node for path '//damage[@value='1000']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\assets\fx\weaponfx\macros\bullet_xen_turret_l_laser_01_mk1_macro'. Skipping node.
[General] 0.00 ======================================

[General] 6534.49 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 6534.49 No matching node for path '//actions/do_else/do_elseif[contains(@value, 'not this.ship.jobexpired')]/debug_text' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack_econ_ai\aiscripts\order.trade.middleman.xml'. Skipping node.

[=ERROR=] 6534.49 Multiple matching nodes for path '//cue[@name='TransferFleetConversationNextSection']/actions/do_if/do_if/do_all[@exact='$FleetShips.count']' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\md\rml_deliver_fleet.xml'. Skipping node.

[=ERROR=] 6536.06 Error in AI script fight.attack.object.medium on entity 0x1e9b0: Property lookup failed: $ProcessedAnyTarget
* Expression: if @$primarytarget.exists and $targets.indexof.{$primarytarget} gt 0 then $targets.{$i} == $primarytarget else not $ProcessedAnyTarget
* Action: <do_if>, line 22
[General] 6536.06 ======================================

[General] 6538.70 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 6538.70 Error in AI script order.fight.attack.object on entity 0x1d56d: Property lookup failed: this.ship.distanceto.{component.{0x1d505L}}
* this.ship == component.{0x1d56aL} (name='KHK Raiding Party Queen's Guard', class=ship_m)
* Expression: not @$target or this.attention ge attention.visible or this.ship.distanceto.{@$target} gt this.ship.maxcombatrange.all
* Action: <apply_attackstrength>, line 518
[General] 6538.70 ======================================

[General] 6539.71 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 6539.71 Error in AI script order.fight.attack.object on entity 0x1d56d: Property lookup failed: this.ship.distanceto.{component.{0x1d505L}}
* this.ship == component.{0x1d56aL} (name='KHK Raiding Party Queen's Guard', class=ship_m)
* Expression: not @$target or this.attention ge attention.visible or this.ship.distanceto.{@$target} gt this.ship.maxcombatrange.all
* Action: <apply_attackstrength>, line 518
[General] 6539.71 ======================================

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 12. Feb 20, 23:06

By the way Mysterial, I am trying to do something with adding corporation factions and having them owning factories and such. In your mod, you have factions build stations but it seems the way you set it up it comes under ownership of a primary faction (government faction). Which file do you have it determining who will own the newly built factories? Or could you point me to the code or perhaps provide a way to make it compatible?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 01:06

Factories created as a result of the "add some stuff to my near-empty sector" logic is in FactionGoal_Hold_Space. The owner is the faction for which the faction logic is running. I think all cases of actual factories - not equipment docks and trading stations which are also handled there - route to FactionSubgoal_BuildFactory (mod file, not part of vanilla)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 01:08

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 13. Feb 20, 01:06
Factories created as a result of the "add some stuff to my near-empty sector" logic is in FactionGoal_Hold_Space. The owner is the faction for which the faction logic is running.
Hmm, I see, but the sector is not empty lol, it has a ton of stations in it but still built a new one. Did you edit FactionGoal_Hold_Space ?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 01:11

Factories created in non-empty sectors are just the economic logic (FactionLogic_Economy) doing its thing. This is vanilla behavior. (Well, technically I trigger it via custom analysis, but it's still the vanilla factory creation that runs)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 01:12

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 13. Feb 20, 01:11
Factories created in non-empty sectors are just the economic logic (FactionLogic_Economy) doing its thing. This is vanilla behavior. (Well, technically I trigger it via custom analysis, but it's still the vanilla factory creation that runs)
I see, so I need to take a look at the vanilla script then, is it Factionlogic_economy? need to see if I can find a way to make it so the factions are correct

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 09:30

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 12. Feb 20, 23:06
By the way Mysterial, I am trying to do something with adding corporation factions and having them owning factories and such. In your mod, you have factions build stations but it seems the way you set it up it comes under ownership of a primary faction (government faction). Which file do you have it determining who will own the newly built factories? Or could you point me to the code or perhaps provide a way to make it compatible?
Could the Split Vendetta DLC have the logic to deal with smaller groups/clans/corporations since the Split will not behave like the big factions and more like clans?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 13. Feb 20, 23:12

They will be on the same faction logic most likely. It already can handle smaller groups/factions.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 14. Feb 20, 14:11

And here I wait for Mysterials updated mod pack that he spoke about on discord a night ago.. lol
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 14. Feb 20, 22:41

Here's a new beta version:

Download Link

Main changes:
  • Fixed Xenon small raiding parties to not get distracted by the first thing they see so often, so they filter through the sectors and cause more harassment throughout space
  • Improved capital ship movement
  • Fixed issues with pirate behavior
  • Fixed starter factories after sector takeover always being in roughly the same position
  • Improved force allocation for factions with multiple fronts (i.e. HOP)
  • Tweaks to invasion AI when the faction can't build ships fast enough
  • Reduced "[Faction] mounting defence in [Sector]" news message spam (still a bit too much, but not a flood anymore)
  • Catchup module: New feature where factions that are losing badly for several hours but still own their home sector can receive a resource drop from their home planet.
    • Ships are 'spawned' but far from the sector center and must make it to the shipyard or wharf, so they can be intercepted by enemies or pirates
    • Ships are tagged 'Planetary Support' so they can be recognized
    • After the ships deliver, they are recycled
    • Only resources in critical need are delivered, so in some cases this actually increases opportunity for player money making instead of the opposite
    • Hopefully this is a good compromise between cheating and maintaining universe logic. Feedback would be appreciated.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sat, 15. Feb 20, 02:34

WOO HOO I love you, have my small child made of fur haha
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

s1asher
x4

Post by s1asher » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 12:23

Mysterial,
After installation, I see that extension in the game is from 14.01 and version is 4.47 (previous version), but you posted new beta on 15.02. Are you sure that link is correct?

x4

Post by 020779 » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 13:42

s1asher wrote:
Sun, 16. Feb 20, 12:23
extension in the game is from 14.01 and version is 4.47 (previous version), but you posted new beta on 15.02
I got the same

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 16. Feb 20, 13:59

That would be caused by just not updating the content.xml to reflect a version change, funny thing about those I figured out if going from a newer to older version it won't load the save game every time it depends on the mod sometimes it will grey it out, as is the case with my mod which only touches icons nothing mechanically about the game sim.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”