[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darlandra
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.72

Post by Darlandra » Thu, 28. May 20, 02:57

War module appears to cause a crash with the game. Music plays, but everything else comes to a standstill. have tested with everything disabled but it and it will still cause it.
Edit: Ok so it looks like you have a different version for download than what's on steam worship I'll try the download.
Edit2: Ok yea, looks like the steam version of of the war enhancer is causing what's effectively a crash, though i'm not waiting to see if i get a window crash window. Nothing is popping up under the game log for this. Downloaded the beta and it works fine though now.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 28. May 20, 06:11

Darlandra wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 02:57
War module appears to cause a crash with the game. Music plays, but everything else comes to a standstill. have tested with everything disabled but it and it will still cause it.
Edit: Ok so it looks like you have a different version for download than what's on steam worship I'll try the download.
Edit2: Ok yea, looks like the steam version of of the war enhancer is causing what's effectively a crash, though i'm not waiting to see if i get a window crash window. Nothing is popping up under the game log for this. Downloaded the beta and it works fine though now.
Always check the forums, the steam versions will rarely be compatible with the beta versions and so the devs will release a beta version of their mods for the beta of X4. This is especially true when it requires new things from the beta, thus is not backward compatible.

LEGO1001
x3tc

Post by LEGO1001 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 03:21

Im sorry if i ask but does your mod make the xenon minnings ship kill them selfs by going in hostile space

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 05:37

They shouldn't go into hostile space to actually mine, but they need to supply their station in enemy territory, so you might see them in non-Xenon space. The AI has reserve miners that stay home so it shouldn't get broken by miners dying too much.

LEGO1001
x3tc

Post by LEGO1001 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 19:24

Most of the xenon shipyards are out of /ore/siclon/ and not building anything anymore

RPINerd
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.8

Post by RPINerd » Tue, 9. Jun 20, 23:04

Any reason in particular that you don't also offer an all-in-one version as well?

Shads404
x4

Post by Shads404 » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 06:33

RPINerd wrote:
Tue, 9. Jun 20, 23:04
Any reason in particular that you don't also offer an all-in-one version as well?
I don't think having all the modules as one is a good idea, mostly because they kind of do too good a job. I've run them for quite a few playthroughs now and the result has been mostly stable and boring universes unless I go out of my way to stir trouble. For some, that's great and I highly recommend all 4 for that.

My last game I turned off the catchup because I felt it was kicking in early for some factions that really didn't need it, and this game I'm about to start I'm just going with the primary module (and another of Mysterials that I only just found, random xenon gates) as it contains some stuff that the base game suffers without.

It would be amazing if we had more granular control over which parts to leave on though (which I guess allows the all-in-1 to exist), so we could choose to keep the bugfixes/qol that (eventually, hopefully) make their way into the game properly but let us tailor the game a little more to individual taste. Omniraiders: On. Block I's from early rampage: Off. Give CompanyRegard to the Xenon: On. (laughed when I saw that one), but that just takes away the time from working on the mod itself.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 06:42

RPINerd wrote:
Tue, 9. Jun 20, 23:04
I am guessing the largest reason is simply due to the fact that any release from Egosoft could break one portion, so having it split out means people can just uninstall the problem one till it can be fixed.

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Fri, 19. Jun 20, 17:54

Rastuasi wrote:
Sun, 14. Jun 20, 06:42
I am guessing the largest reason is simply due to the fact that any release from Egosoft could break one portion, so having it split out means people can just uninstall the problem one till it can be fixed.
Shads404 wrote:
Sun, 14. Jun 20, 06:33
I don't think having all the modules as one is a good idea, mostly because they kind of do too good a job. I've run them for quite a few playthroughs now and the result has been mostly stable and boring universes unless I go out of my way to stir trouble. For some, that's great and I highly recommend all 4 for that.

My last game I turned off the catchup because I felt it was kicking in early for some factions that really didn't need it, and this game I'm about to start I'm just going with the primary module (and another of Mysterials that I only just found, random xenon gates) as it contains some stuff that the base game suffers without.

It would be amazing if we had more granular control over which parts to leave on though (which I guess allows the all-in-1 to exist), so we could choose to keep the bugfixes/qol that (eventually, hopefully) make their way into the game properly but let us tailor the game a little more to individual taste. Omniraiders: On. Block I's from early rampage: Off. Give CompanyRegard to the Xenon: On. (laughed when I saw that one), but that just takes away the time from working on the mod itself.
Ah both good points, but I was thinking more just from neatness lol. I personally just download them all and merge them into a single mod so it keeps my modlist and extension folder cleaner :mrgreen:

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:28

Which is the latest version - in main post or beta?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:45

Main post. There are no plans for a beta version right now. The 3.3 beta should work fine.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:47

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:45
Main post. There are no plans for a beta version right now. The 3.3 beta should work fine.
Thx!
Also - would it be possible to make new module to boost Xenon so that they are even tougher? For very hard game

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 23:07

Mysterial wrote:
If we had the beta code from back during 3.2 beta, is it different from main?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 23:31

Yes, but I don't track changes at that granularity.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 00:10

Ah okay, I wasn't aware that additional changes came out to release version that weren't in the beta. I'll update to the release (main) version then, at least until you decide to provide a new beta :).

z1ppeh
x4

Post by z1ppeh » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 08:45

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:47
Mysterial wrote:
Thx!
Also - would it be possible to make new module to boost Xenon so that they are even tougher? For very hard game
Use FOCW - viewtopic.php?t=403357 - make sure you read the posts and edit the configs appropriately. The added jobs can make them obscenely powerful (it does change the naming scheme of things but its wholly worth it)

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 22:49

z1ppeh wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 08:45
Mr.Freud wrote:
Mysterial wrote:
Thx!
Use FOCW - viewtopic.php?t=403357 - make sure you read the posts and edit the configs appropriately. The added jobs can make them obscenely powerful (it does change the naming scheme of things but its wholly worth it)
Thx, will give it a try! Is it ok to use it alongside FE and VRO?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 23:13

Mr.Freud wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 22:49
z1ppeh wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 08:45
Mr.Freud wrote:

Thx!
Thx, will give it a try! Is it ok to use it alongside FE and VRO?
It does entirely different things than those and both devs recommend it when people want to make things harder.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 08:45

Hi, I have some kind of bug and I am trying to figure out what is causing this bug.

After many hours I noticed many stations are beeing under construction but without any construction ship around and it never really starts to built even when many construction ships are flying around. I am using several mods but I think none is changing the faction economy logic except these (catchup, war, eco).
I am playing in 3.2 so far.

Does anyone else notice this behaviour? Is it even a bug (even after 10 hours of observation the building did not continue) or is it vanilla behaviour and I just havent noticed it so far?

Also one question: How does the "player can get paid for helping invasions" work? Is it some kind of mission offer or how does it work exactly?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:18

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 08:45
Hi, I have some kind of bug and I am trying to figure out what is causing this bug.

After many hours I noticed many stations are beeing under construction but without any construction ship around and it never really starts to built even when many construction ships are flying around. I am using several mods but I think none is changing the faction economy logic except these (catchup, war, eco).
I am playing in 3.2 so far.

Does anyone else notice this behaviour? Is it even a bug (even after 10 hours of observation the building did not continue) or is it vanilla behaviour and I just havent noticed it so far?

Also one question: How does the "player can get paid for helping invasions" work? Is it some kind of mission offer or how does it work exactly?
Hi,

I'm on the v3.3 Beta currently, but that's a relatively recent change for me, game was started in v3.2 so by far the bulk of my time was on that version. Interestingly, I've been surprised how quickly other Factions are building stations compared to me. Sure, the Construction vessel can take a while to turn up at times, but stations builds seem to be fed VERY quickly - far more quickly than my own stations in the same area. So, Faction station building appears to be working well in my current game.

I'd love to know how to get paid for that too! I've freed numerous sectors from the Xenon, allowing another Faction to claim it - hence my seeing lots of station building - yet I get nothing for it. Additionally, I'm constantly defending these sectors from further incursions as the local forces just aren't up to it. As there are no Faction stations near the Gates I'm guarding, I get zero recognition despite many hundreds of Xenon kills. For these sort of efforts to go unrewarded is really something the vanilla game should address, but if a mod can handle it, that's fine by me.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”