[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2.2

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 7. Mar 19, 15:20

will you update for 2.20 beta?

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2.3

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:16

Latest version is compatible with 2.2

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:18

Mysterial wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:16
Latest version is compatible with 2.2
Thank you!
(Econ AI) Tweaked NPC autotrader cargo space and purchase price thresholds
- I use Auto Trader Logic Adjustment mod - will it conflict with this fix?
Slightly reduced Xenon aggressiveness/efficiency at game start and slightly increased it later on
- just today I was playing and noticed that Xenon became very weak in my game. Rarely see any Ks and no I's at all when they invading. They get dealt with very quickly. Especially by Argon and HOP. Paranind even took one of the Xenon sectors and building their stations there. From time to time I jump into their sectors to see waht they are up to and their defence fleets are very weak too.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 19:43

Mr.Freud wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:18
- I use Auto Trader Logic Adjustment mod - will it conflict with this fix?
Probably won't have any issues, but I haven't checked.
- just today I was playing and noticed that Xenon became very weak in my game. Rarely see any Ks and no I's at all when they invading. They get dealt with very quickly. Especially by Argon and HOP. Paranind even took one of the Xenon sectors and building their stations there. From time to time I jump into their sectors to see waht they are up to and their defence fleets are very weak too.
I know. It happens in vanilla too, although more slowly. The Xenon send their miners to build defence stations and don't rebuild them fast enough. The changes I made should help and I'm keeping an eye on it.

That said, HOP winning Faulty Logic I is expected. In theory, the ridiculous minefield should prevent them from getting further without serious time or help although since mines don't work OOS at the moment that only applies if you decide to go watch the fireworks.

Eeroth
x4

Post by Eeroth » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 20:09

I just love this mod/fix so much! Thank you for making my gameplay experience better!

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 20:58

ok can anyone tell me how's the performance in game 2.0 with this mod 2.3 :?

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 22:16

hi in my game xeon are dead with out any help from me ,,the hop have lost there shipyards , and two sectors , I take it wen they lose the shipyards they are screwed,,,,

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 22:19

Thecrippler wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 20:58
ok can anyone tell me how's the performance in game 2.0 with this mod 2.3 :?
game 2.20 this mod is good on my rig i7 9700 gpu rtx 2700 ,,,

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 02:41

Code: Select all

[General] 211144.15 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 211144.15 No matching node for path '//init/do_if[@value='not $targetspace']/@value' in patch file 'extensions\faction_fix_pack\aiscripts\order.move.recon.xml'. Skipping node.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 03:06

Yeah, that's because for 2.2 they fixed the bug themselves, so it's ok that the line doesn't do anything. I'll take it out once 2.2 is official. Thanks though :)

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 14:58

ok i download the mod and my game runs smooth :D one question do you plan to add so other faction will start destroying freighters miners or buff up the pirate's or xenons to do more harassment against freighters miners :twisted: atm in notes a lot off freighters miners everywhere

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 16:21

Yes, it's on my list. Especially pirates if for no other reason than I think the game lacks threats against the player's properties. Most of the time when I'm playing I don't even bother to put turrets on stations unless they're in a border sector.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 16:36

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 16:21
Yes, it's on my list. Especially pirates if for no other reason than I think the game lacks threats against the player's properties. Most of the time when I'm playing I don't even bother to put turrets on stations unless they're in a border sector.
is it possible to make pirates there own faction with ship yards ect ,very hostile to player a bitt like phenon corp in x3

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 17:06

It's possible, but outside the scope of this mod.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Sat, 9. Mar 19, 18:48

why factions can't take over enemy sectors? for example: ANT invaded HOP (border sector) destroyied all HOP fleets there, build it's own defence platforms (2 of them) and basicly oonly hunt for HOP ships. They don't even try to destroy HOP defence platforms or stations

Also, could you please make another sub-mod that would increase rate at which workforce is gained?

Eeroth
x4

Post by Eeroth » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 19:18

One thing that I really wanted and got was that thanks to this mod was that you will be paid if you support invasion. Could you also add that this would benefit you if your ships that you don't control destroy enemies in invasions and in sector defence.
That would make game even more better. As I can't see point to send fleet to die somewhere to defend anything as you don't get anything from it except lose of profitsss.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:53

Mr.Freud wrote:
Sat, 9. Mar 19, 18:48
why factions can't take over enemy sectors? for example: ANT invaded HOP (border sector) destroyied all HOP fleets there, build it's own defence platforms (2 of them) and basicly oonly hunt for HOP ships. They don't even try to destroy HOP defence platforms or stations

Also, could you please make another sub-mod that would increase rate at which workforce is gained?
This is not true, although it took a very long time and I am not sure how long but in my game the paranid cleared out an entire sector of HOP and are building their own stations there.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 21:43

Currently, when the AI adds goals to kill the rest of the enemy stations after establishing a foothold, it does so one at a time and generally requests new ships from the shipyard to do it while the existing ships camp the gate. For Antigone their economy is a train wreck (makes the other factions look good in comparison) so the ships probably aren't getting built.

I've tweaked it a little for the latest version, but I need to revisit it, since with how compressed the galaxy map is my preference is for the AI to kill a station or two and lose rather than blockade sectors too often, even if that means making the AI intentionally dumber in its invasion tactics.
Eeroth wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 19:18
One thing that I really wanted and got was that thanks to this mod was that you will be paid if you support invasion. Could you also add that this would benefit you if your ships that you don't control destroy enemies in invasions and in sector defence.
That would make game even more better. As I can't see point to send fleet to die somewhere to defend anything as you don't get anything from it except lose of profitsss.
This is on my list although I'm not sure it will be part of this mod. I might make a separate mod for that. I don't want this to get too monolithic - as a player I usually dislike big mods because they always end up having some things I don't think fit the vision of the game.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 21:46

BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:53
Mr.Freud wrote:

This is not true, although it took a very long time and I am not sure how long but in my game the paranid cleared out an entire sector of HOP and are building their own stations there.
Are you using SETA? I wonder if abusing SETA messes up my game. HOP became so weak - both ANT and Paranid invaded destroyied HOP fleets and just patrol the sectors not trying to destroy HOP Def Platforms and stations.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 13. Mar 19, 01:07

Mr.Freud wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 21:46
BlackRain wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 20:53
Mr.Freud wrote:

Are you using SETA? I wonder if abusing SETA messes up my game. HOP became so weak - both ANT and Paranid invaded destroyied HOP fleets and just patrol the sectors not trying to destroy HOP Def Platforms and stations.
Well, I do use Seta, but I also often leave the game running over night and all day for who knows how many hours in real time.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”