[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thecrippler

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.51

Post by Thecrippler » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 10:20

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 7. Feb 19, 17:14
I would need a savegame, not a screenshot. I didn't think you were wrong or lying the first time, but a picture doesn't tell me what they think they are doing. Most likely the recon code bugged out and they think they need an absurd amount of ships to win, but I can't check that without a savegame because I have never seen it.
a you need a save game file ok just tell me how to do it btw no rush i can't wait till 2.0 hits and see how we go from there

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.52

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 15:27

Just upload it to someplace like Dropbox.com and give a link. You can also try to email it to me (address is in the mod description in the extensions menu) but I don't know if an email server will accept an attachment of that size.

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.52

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 8. Feb 19, 23:33

It seems they started fixing wars. Started new game beta 2.0 - Factions start building defence staations in enemie territories at least. But they send constraction ships first without support sometimes. HOP invaded Godrealm and destroying stations while building their own defence station. Im also surprised how ships focused on destroing enemy stations. Also Xenon are VERY active - invading every border sector
p.s. Contested sectors marked on map just like it was with your fix :)

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 20:11

Now updated for 2.0. Also, I found and fixed the problem with Xenon P accumulating in Xenon sectors. Technically an Egosoft bug but this mod made it much worse due to it causing the AI to request more invasion ships than vanilla.

Wonsz
x4

Post by Wonsz » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 21:18

I can't turn off economy balance module. I restarted the game few times - no effect. I can turn other modules on and off with no problems. Is there something I can do or is it a mod issue?

Can I simply delete folder or is it not wise to do so? ;)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 21:50

No, I screwed up and left the ID the same as the other module. Sorry. Please redownload and it should work. Deleting the folder is also OK.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 25. Feb 19, 22:20

M-D-Hansen wrote:
Mon, 25. Feb 19, 22:11
Million dollar question, how does FW/EE nd FOcW work together? At first glance it looks to me they do a few similar things.
It should work fine. If he's still modifying the economy you may want to disable the economy module here. I don't think there are any direct conflicts but both together may result in some resources being in surplus.

TheMandalorian
x4

Post by TheMandalorian » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 07:46

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 19:27
Spoiler
Show
Formerly Faction Fix Pack

I've decided to expand the scope of this mod a bit while also splitting it into modules for compatibility and convenience. This mod improves faction war and economy behavior, making the universe generally proceed at a faster and more interesting pace. Future updates will add additional AI behaviors and economy improvements as needed. Although I'm not limiting it to "fixes" anymore, still the intent is to maintain and expand the general vanilla vision, so in cases where Egosoft directly addresses an issue or topic, I generally won't counter that. As an example, the original version of this mod was hesitant to let the Xenon expand, but in 2.0 Egosoft largely took the limiters off and let them do whatever. So be it. :D

Download Here

There are currently 3 modules. If you don't want one, disable it in the main menu before starting the game.

War Module:
  • Generally improves war behavior
  • Factions will allocate ships to invasions more intelligently based on previous results
  • AI won't start a defence station until they're actually going to attack
  • More efforts are made to protect build material transports
  • AI will actively target enemy stations properly
  • A workaround has been implemented for the issue where constructing stations can't be destroyed
Economy AI Module:
  • Traders tend to use more of their cargo bay per run
  • Traders won't completely ignore wares that are bought above average price if the selling price is also high
  • Miners really won't enter enemy sectors for resources unless there is no other option
  • Station subordinate traders make fewer stupid decisions and have reduced search time as their skill increases
  • Shipyards/Wharfs will commandeer freighters to supply them with critically required resources (significantly increases ship build rate)
Economy Balance Module:
  • Engine Parts production increased by 50%
  • Smart Chips production increased by 20%
  • Fixed Lasertower Mk 1 resource costs (were the same as Mk 2)
  • Tweaked AI ship equipment to reduce unnecessary resource usage
  • Hull Parts modules don't require so many Hull Parts to reduce well of despair problem when AI detects a shortage (replaced with Claytronics so overall cost is roughly the same)
  • Builder hire cost is 500,000 credits
Great Mod, thank you!
I like to stay up-to-date on this. Therefore: Would you mind adding your Mod to the Steam workshop?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 26. Feb 19, 15:34

Yes, soon.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 06:00

That was strange, all the content.xml were set as read only for me. Thanks for the good work as always.

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2.1

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 27. Feb 19, 21:22

Updated with some fixes and improvements for invasions. Also now available on Steam Workshop.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 16:36

Is it safe to enable/disable mod with existing save?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 17:26

Enabling, of course.

For disabling it should be fine too, but defence stations built while the mod was active may disappear.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 17:29

thx

vadiolive
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2.2

Post by vadiolive » Sun, 3. Mar 19, 21:08

Again i just did one save unmodded , build whars and everything and feel universe slow , not building ships , not war , ocassional xenon build defence station
After enable this mod

Everything is change
For real Egosoft this mod need become default util you figure out or hiring mysterial with remote work to fix for you
Another thing need urgent fix is combat IA you stop by to watch figths? most time look stupid

Great mod Mysterial( i wish say mod but is more FIX)

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2.2

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 7. Mar 19, 15:20

will you update for 2.20 beta?

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v2.3

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:16

Latest version is compatible with 2.2

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:18

Mysterial wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:16
Latest version is compatible with 2.2
Thank you!
(Econ AI) Tweaked NPC autotrader cargo space and purchase price thresholds
- I use Auto Trader Logic Adjustment mod - will it conflict with this fix?
Slightly reduced Xenon aggressiveness/efficiency at game start and slightly increased it later on
- just today I was playing and noticed that Xenon became very weak in my game. Rarely see any Ks and no I's at all when they invading. They get dealt with very quickly. Especially by Argon and HOP. Paranind even took one of the Xenon sectors and building their stations there. From time to time I jump into their sectors to see waht they are up to and their defence fleets are very weak too.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 19:43

Mr.Freud wrote:
Fri, 8. Mar 19, 18:18
- I use Auto Trader Logic Adjustment mod - will it conflict with this fix?
Probably won't have any issues, but I haven't checked.
- just today I was playing and noticed that Xenon became very weak in my game. Rarely see any Ks and no I's at all when they invading. They get dealt with very quickly. Especially by Argon and HOP. Paranind even took one of the Xenon sectors and building their stations there. From time to time I jump into their sectors to see waht they are up to and their defence fleets are very weak too.
I know. It happens in vanilla too, although more slowly. The Xenon send their miners to build defence stations and don't rebuild them fast enough. The changes I made should help and I'm keeping an eye on it.

That said, HOP winning Faulty Logic I is expected. In theory, the ridiculous minefield should prevent them from getting further without serious time or help although since mines don't work OOS at the moment that only applies if you decide to go watch the fireworks.

Eeroth
x4

Post by Eeroth » Fri, 8. Mar 19, 20:09

I just love this mod/fix so much! Thank you for making my gameplay experience better!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”