[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.2

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 15:51

It basically just means factions that border each other that are enemies will invade each other, try to destroy the enemy stations and build their own. It's supposed to work in vanilla but currently doesn't for various reasons.

Dreamtide
x4

Post by Dreamtide » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 16:37

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 15:51
It basically just means factions that border each other that are enemies will invade each other, try to destroy the enemy stations and build their own. It's supposed to work in vanilla but currently doesn't for various reasons.
Ah okay. What is the XML rep value of "enemies"? Just "-1"?
Is this controllable by editing the save file's faction rep levels?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 18:27

EDIT: see below, better explanation
Last edited by Mysterial on Wed, 30. Jan 19, 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 20:05

Dreamtide wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 16:37
Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 15:51
Ah okay. What is the XML rep value of "enemies"? Just "-1"?
Is this controllable by editing the save file's faction rep levels?
-1 relations = -30 rep and 1 relation = 30 rep. Everything in between is 0.x or -0.x until you hit the cap of 30. Yes you can edit the relations in your save file yourself. It's at the beginning of the save and easy to find. You can even bypass the scaleplate relation cap that's in vanilla.

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.3

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 20:24

Awesome job Mysterial on new patch. I was messing around with stuff last night but ended up getting distracted on wanting to add nuetral sectors between factions. Can't wait to test it out.

Editing the save is one way. I personally set up a new gamestart (well more like frankensteined Argon Citizen because my syntax is terrible).

Here is the relation levels per libraries/factions.xml

Default Relation Ranges:
self: 1.0 to 1.0
member: 0.1 to 1.0
friend: 0.01 to 1.0
neutral: -0.01 to 0.01
enemy: -1.0 to -0.01
killmilitary: -1.0 to -0.1
kill: -1.0 to -0.32
nemesis: -1.0 to -1.0

UI value mapping (analogously for negative values):
1.0 = 30
0.32 = 25
0.1 = 20
0.032 = 15
0.01 = 10
0.0032 = 5

Dreamtide
x4

Post by Dreamtide » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 21:10

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 30. Jan 19, 20:24
Awesome job Mysterial on new patch. I was messing around with stuff last night but ended up getting distracted on wanting to add nuetral sectors between factions. Can't wait to test it out.

Editing the save is one way. I personally set up a new gamestart (well more like frankensteined Argon Citizen because my syntax is terrible).

Here is the relation levels per libraries/factions.xml

Default Relation Ranges:
self: 1.0 to 1.0
member: 0.1 to 1.0
friend: 0.01 to 1.0
neutral: -0.01 to 0.01
enemy: -1.0 to -0.01
killmilitary: -1.0 to -0.1
kill: -1.0 to -0.32
nemesis: -1.0 to -1.0

UI value mapping (analogously for negative values):
1.0 = 30
0.32 = 25
0.1 = 20
0.032 = 15
0.01 = 10
0.0032 = 5
You're my hero right now.

Mindstrip
xr

Post by Mindstrip » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 22:43

I would just like to thank you for your work Mysterial!
Without this and e.g BlackRain's FoCW mod i would've shelved this game a long, looong time ago.

The changes/fixes in version 1.3 seems very promising!

zebai
x4

Post by zebai » Wed, 30. Jan 19, 23:06

Does this mod increase xenon hostility also? The Teladi appear to be on a warpath for them but there's little response that I can find.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 00:58

Technically they should invade more since they won't get stalled waiting for a defence station that doesn't exist. But if you're using vanilla balance, Xenon ships range from mediocre to terrible and they will get obliterated by the other factions invading their space. As a result, they might not have forces available to actually invade anywhere in significant numbers.

pioupes
x4

Post by pioupes » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 02:22

I play 5hours with version 1.3 and Xénons take 4 sectors to the Teladi. Invasion with 10K And 2 I. 😳😳

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 05:02

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 00:58
Technically they should invade more since they won't get stalled waiting for a defence station that doesn't exist. But if you're using vanilla balance, Xenon ships range from mediocre to terrible and they will get obliterated by the other factions invading their space. As a result, they might not have forces available to actually invade anywhere in significant numbers.
AWESOME UPDATE! I think the new station attack and recon changes you made are working excellent.

Xenon invaded hatikvahs choice -> destroyed small argon fleet at gates, then proceeded to destroy 5 stations.
Teladi invaded silent witness -> destroyed 4 stations
Both invasion forces were down to 1-2 L class ships and actively attacking more stations
Argon shipyard/warf were desperate for engine parts (I don't have your fix, opted for my own changes instead)
Argon got some parts and made 2 behemoths -> sent one to each sector solo where fighting is ongoing.

All of this in the course of about 2 hours with no SETA active. I have a massive rebalance ofc otherwise xenon wouldn't be able to do squat but it looks like with your changes the game is turning into something good!

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 10:06

how is perfromance for everyone? I get a lot of microstuttering especially in sectors where battles going on. it started with 1.3. Maybe it has something to do with AI targeting? I had same problems with Agressive AI back in 1.5.
Overall game feel much more alive. Only thing I think is not balanced is that HOP seems to have more ships than anyone else. They have both biger defence and offense fleets.
update on performance: uninstalled the mod to check if performance would improve - went from 35 fps back to 100 :( with no stuttering.
I can't imagine how they will fix wars with such a bad performance. Won't be surprised if they decided to disable this feature at all
Last edited by Mr.Freud on Thu, 31. Jan 19, 14:25, edited 2 times in total.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 11:25

omg decided to check what was going on in Faulty logic - because Xenon were pretty inactive in HOP space - and for the first time witnesed the sector overtaken by a faction! they even build 1 trading station and 2 def platforms there already! they should hire you!)

Baconnaise
x4

Post by Baconnaise » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 15:41

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 11:25
they should hire you!)
Whoa there buddy! I like EGO and X3/X4/XR but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Last thing I would want is for him to get hired on as staff. NESA mod (XR) was better as a mod for example when EGO put some of it into vanilla. We need Mysterial to stay free so he can possibly make more great mods without being put on a leash. Euclid and Unitrader do some great things as well but they also sort of work for the "man". Imagine how much more cool stuff Unitrader or Euclid would likely have if they didn't have deadlines and responsibility to papa EGO.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 20:10

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 10:06
how is perfromance for everyone? I get a lot of microstuttering especially in sectors where battles going on. it started with 1.3. Maybe it has something to do with AI targeting? I had same problems with Agressive AI back in 1.5.
Overall game feel much more alive. Only thing I think is not balanced is that HOP seems to have more ships than anyone else. They have both biger defence and offense fleets.
update on performance: uninstalled the mod to check if performance would improve - went from 35 fps back to 100 :( with no stuttering.
I can't imagine how they will fix wars with such a bad performance. Won't be surprised if they decided to disable this feature at all
The faction war script is not causing your stuttering for the most part, it just makes the things that slow down the game happen more often. I think it has to do with the targeting as you guessed. I've watched a xenon k switch targets as fast as my screen could update against a station. The problem seems to be that they have very short memory of what should essentially be aggro against stations. They want to attack whatever turret hit them last (might apply against L/XL ships too). My rig doesn't seem to have any issues and I usually sit around 100-120 fps unless I'm near a station. I7 - 5930K, 32gb ram, 980ti. When I'm near a station it tends to drop to around 60fps and I've seen as low as 40fps. I barely notice it because of gsync though.

HOP does tend to have more ships from what I've seen, but it only seems bad because paranid ships in general are overpowered. With vanilla relations, they are at war with basically everyone so it makes sense for them to have more.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 20:19

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 20:10
The faction war script is not causing your stuttering for the most part, it just makes the things that slow down the game happen more often. I think it has to do with the targeting as you guessed. I've watched a xenon k switch targets as fast as my screen could update against a station. The problem seems to be that they have very short memory of what should essentially be aggro against stations. They want to attack whatever turret hit them last (might apply against L/XL ships too). My rig doesn't seem to have any issues and I usually sit around 100-120 fps unless I'm near a station. I7 - 5930K, 32gb ram, 980ti. When I'm near a station it tends to drop to around 60fps and I've seen as low as 40fps. I barely notice it because of gsync though.
I too have 5930k, 32gb ram but 2080ti.
I have same FPS as you only with the mod disabled.
When I enable it I get 30-50 fps and stuttering after couple hours of in-game time, when factions starrt sending fleets at each other.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 21:22

Hmmm maybe I shouldn't build a new computer then haha.

Some things I can think of that may be different.

1. Turned off shadows.
2. Set vsync and gsync on in nvidia control panel
3. turned off show order information
4. turned off show crew information (and have a mod that made it require higher percent)
5. required higher scan percentage for everything but owner and type
6. have rebalanced shields and weapons mod (with custom values for everything)(with the different turret speeds this may cause the ships to have to manuever less in fights?)
7. removed highways
8. only use tatertrader instead of vanilla trader
9. disable market information on map unless I need to specifically look up something
10. use sector satellites mostly away from high travel areas except gates where I want to watch for out of sector fighting
11. I barely use seta and clear out my logs routinely

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 22:13

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 21:22
Hmmm maybe I shouldn't build a new computer then haha.

Some things I can think of that may be different.

1. Turned off shadows.
2. Set vsync and gsync on in nvidia control panel
3. turned off show order information
4. turned off show crew information (and have a mod that made it require higher percent)
5. required higher scan percentage for everything but owner and type
6. have rebalanced shields and weapons mod (with custom values for everything)(with the different turret speeds this may cause the ships to have to manuever less in fights?)
7. removed highways
8. only use tatertrader instead of vanilla trader
9. disable market information on map unless I need to specifically look up something
10. use sector satellites mostly away from high travel areas except gates where I want to watch for out of sector fighting
11. I barely use seta and clear out my logs routinely
I will try Tatertrader. Maye it has better calculations perfromance?
but removing highways sounds extreeme :D
I also use SETA a lot - maybe it messes up with performance too after being abused for long

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 16:12

am having the same issue FPS is dropping really huge with this mod i mine the mod is awesome but it is building too much pressure for the game to handle ty to the egosoft and ther new graphic engine this is why i hate to most new engen big pressure to the system now if they keep the old engine like in XR it is stable do to the old engen it does not need high performance

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 20:08

i notes something the ships yards and wharf are not building any new ships any one have the same problem :? weird thing a lot off AI ships get wreck by xenons but the ships are come back for nowhere

i spend 8 h in wharf and no single ships was built to replace the lost ships in Hatikvah s Chosice same goes for the other factions

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”