[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mr.Freud
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.3

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 20:19

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 20:10
The faction war script is not causing your stuttering for the most part, it just makes the things that slow down the game happen more often. I think it has to do with the targeting as you guessed. I've watched a xenon k switch targets as fast as my screen could update against a station. The problem seems to be that they have very short memory of what should essentially be aggro against stations. They want to attack whatever turret hit them last (might apply against L/XL ships too). My rig doesn't seem to have any issues and I usually sit around 100-120 fps unless I'm near a station. I7 - 5930K, 32gb ram, 980ti. When I'm near a station it tends to drop to around 60fps and I've seen as low as 40fps. I barely notice it because of gsync though.
I too have 5930k, 32gb ram but 2080ti.
I have same FPS as you only with the mod disabled.
When I enable it I get 30-50 fps and stuttering after couple hours of in-game time, when factions starrt sending fleets at each other.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 21:22

Hmmm maybe I shouldn't build a new computer then haha.

Some things I can think of that may be different.

1. Turned off shadows.
2. Set vsync and gsync on in nvidia control panel
3. turned off show order information
4. turned off show crew information (and have a mod that made it require higher percent)
5. required higher scan percentage for everything but owner and type
6. have rebalanced shields and weapons mod (with custom values for everything)(with the different turret speeds this may cause the ships to have to manuever less in fights?)
7. removed highways
8. only use tatertrader instead of vanilla trader
9. disable market information on map unless I need to specifically look up something
10. use sector satellites mostly away from high travel areas except gates where I want to watch for out of sector fighting
11. I barely use seta and clear out my logs routinely

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 31. Jan 19, 22:13

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 31. Jan 19, 21:22
Hmmm maybe I shouldn't build a new computer then haha.

Some things I can think of that may be different.

1. Turned off shadows.
2. Set vsync and gsync on in nvidia control panel
3. turned off show order information
4. turned off show crew information (and have a mod that made it require higher percent)
5. required higher scan percentage for everything but owner and type
6. have rebalanced shields and weapons mod (with custom values for everything)(with the different turret speeds this may cause the ships to have to manuever less in fights?)
7. removed highways
8. only use tatertrader instead of vanilla trader
9. disable market information on map unless I need to specifically look up something
10. use sector satellites mostly away from high travel areas except gates where I want to watch for out of sector fighting
11. I barely use seta and clear out my logs routinely
I will try Tatertrader. Maye it has better calculations perfromance?
but removing highways sounds extreeme :D
I also use SETA a lot - maybe it messes up with performance too after being abused for long

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 16:12

am having the same issue FPS is dropping really huge with this mod i mine the mod is awesome but it is building too much pressure for the game to handle ty to the egosoft and ther new graphic engine this is why i hate to most new engen big pressure to the system now if they keep the old engine like in XR it is stable do to the old engen it does not need high performance

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Sat, 2. Feb 19, 20:08

i notes something the ships yards and wharf are not building any new ships any one have the same problem :? weird thing a lot off AI ships get wreck by xenons but the ships are come back for nowhere

i spend 8 h in wharf and no single ships was built to replace the lost ships in Hatikvah s Chosice same goes for the other factions

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 3. Feb 19, 00:08

If you view the shipyard's sector on the map, go to the object list, then expand the shipyard you can see the Ships in Construction. 99% likely that they are filled up with ships that they can't build due to not enough resources. If you've scanned at least 50% of the station you can also look at its storage and see what it's missing.

SMoOoVEeR
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.4

Post by SMoOoVEeR » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 00:22

finally got ANT to take over True Sight of HOP. Had to Destroy a defence stations completly (not only Adminmodule) and keep them from getting rebuilt by myself and do some save/reload to get rid of the built storages. Since then ANT is Patroling the sector and guarding the enemy gate, but enemy stations stay unharmed, no squad to wipe enemy stations, though enough resources are there, meh.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 10:13

Hmm...since ver.1.4 I cant launch my save. After the loading screen, the screen just turns black showing nothing with only the loading music still running. When i tried to launch a new game, the game launched normal but it froze when i opened the map. Everything worked well when I deleted the mod.

By the way didn't have those issues in 1.3

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 15:59

Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 4. Feb 19, 10:13
Hmm...since ver.1.4 I cant launch my save. After the loading screen, the screen just turns black showing nothing with only the loading music still running. When i tried to launch a new game, the game launched normal but it froze when i opened the map. Everything worked well when I deleted the mod.
What other mods do you have installed? I tried a new game myself and didn't have a problem. I can imagine ways that a mod conflict could cause this issue though.

Thecrippler

Re: [MOD] Faction Fix Pack 1.5

Post by Thecrippler » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 21:42

i notes that xenons are building a lot of P but no K or I argon and i also notes the xenons are not attacking Hatikvah s choise there is over 30-50 p in other side off the gate but none are getting thru

Teladi and Hop are getting hit but argon are not

SMoOoVEeR
x4

Post by SMoOoVEeR » Mon, 4. Feb 19, 23:22

New stations are being built now, nice. But old enemy stations still stay unharmed.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 02:18

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 4. Feb 19, 15:59
Warnoise wrote:
Mon, 4. Feb 19, 10:13
What other mods do you have installed? I tried a new game myself and didn't have a problem. I can imagine ways that a mod conflict could cause this issue though.
I have mods:

advanced AI
Auto trader options
FOCW
Battleships
fbl
mej_shipyard_shortage_workaround
no_double_undocking
Simple Carrier Repairs
Skip Station Scan
spherical_long_range_scan

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 04:03

Warnoise wrote:
Tue, 5. Feb 19, 02:18
advanced AI
That might be it. You could try adding this in the context.xml file, in a line after <content ...> and before </content>:

Code: Select all

<dependency id="FactionFixPack" optional="true"/>
That will make this mod load first and then the other mod makes its changes from there. Might resolve the issue.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 17:30

Thecrippler wrote:
Mon, 4. Feb 19, 21:42
i notes that xenons are building a lot of P but no K or I argon and i also notes the xenons are not attacking Hatikvah s choise there is over 30-50 p in other side off the gate but none are getting thru

Teladi and Hop are getting hit but argon are not
I have same issue. a hundred P's near gate but not invading. I think they eat a lot of perfromance. but in other sectors they invade and get invaded as usual with K's and I's

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 17:32

Can you upload a savegame to Dropbox or something so I can look at it?

Also links to whatever other mods you're using.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 17:38

Hum... its start happen often
Xenon destroy station and build storage but plot not going

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 18:33

Are those defence stations or factories? How long was this on SETA? It would also help to view one of the stations in the object list with all its categories expanded so module status is visible.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 20:14

All is factor

abotu seta time dont sure maybe 3h-8h in seta

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 22:30

Does the faction (I assume Holy Order) have a defence station in the sector somewhere? If so, try destroying it and see if that kills all the factories.

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Tue, 5. Feb 19, 22:35

i alred did

and take over sector
as you can see in ss

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”