[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v3.21

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 11. May 19, 23:22

Beta version no longer available
Last edited by Mysterial on Tue, 28. May 19, 18:11, edited 1 time in total.

o-papaya-o
x4

Post by o-papaya-o » Sun, 12. May 19, 11:37

Hello, I do not remember how to open * .dat files to translate this mode into French.
Thank you
C’est en voyant un moustique se poser sur ses coui**** que l’on s’aperçoit qu’on ne peut pas régler tous les problèmes par la violence.

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Thu, 16. May 19, 19:04

Are factions supposed to build more than one defense station in a sector when invading? I have HOP invading Second Contact 2 Flashpoint but they have built 2 defense stations and they are now just patrolling the sector instead of trying to destroy the ANT defense station...

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 16. May 19, 19:49

They try to build two defence stations.

The force that patrols the sector/blockades the gates and the force that attacks enemy stations are different groups. The attack group might still be getting built. The game also doesn't really have any kind of strength evaluation for stations so they might be sending fighter groups that get killed or something. They'll get the job done eventually but it can take a while. It's something to improve on, but I'm not really in a rush to have things get blown up any faster right now.

CptAWatts
x3tc

Post by CptAWatts » Thu, 16. May 19, 19:55

Ah ok. I guess its working as intended then lol.

monty87
x4

Post by monty87 » Thu, 23. May 19, 20:02

Currently running v2.21 with mod version 3.21 (from steam workshop). In my game the Argon Prime wharf disappeared. (Not sure it got destroyed. No debris) Out of my 10 save game, only the earliest save game from few days back had the wharf. Will Argon rebuild it ? Or do I have to wait till patch 2.5 drops ? The shipyard is till there.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 23. May 19, 21:33

Sorry, rebuilding the wharf isn't supported in that version. It will work when 2.5 and the corresponding version of this mod are updated (including retroactively rebuilding any that were previously destroyed)

monty87
x4

Post by monty87 » Fri, 24. May 19, 03:32

Just did SETA for about 4 hours, and now the HOP wharf disappeared.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 24. May 19, 18:21

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 11. May 19, 23:22
Beta Version

BUILT ON GAME VERSION 2.5 BETA 4. MAY NOT WORK ON 2.5 FINAL!

Download Here

Since some people have been asking and the beta's taking a long time and apparently will have at least one more beta version, I'll put this here for anyone who wants to add to their beta testing with more beta testing :)

If you normally use Steam Workshop, make sure to disable from there first or bad stuff might happen.

New game testing in particular would be appreciated.

Tentative changelist:
  • Factions will rebuild wharfs that are destroyed (note that shipyard rebuilding - but not wharfs - was implemented by Egosoft in 2.5)
  • Factions that are completely eliminated may eventually respawn in an unowned sector
  • Kha'ak will sometimes warp in to take part in major battles
  • Slightly improved Kha'ak fighter AI
  • Ships that are fleeing and do not have lasertowers to drop may drop a mine instead
  • Fixed a case where invasion defenders might never stand down if the sector became completely empty of enemies
  • Slightly improved ability of pirates to actually hit the ship that refused to drop any cargo when out of sector
  • Factions that successfully take a sector have a high chance to build refineries for any raw resources in the sector regardless of economy state
  • Improved decision for when factions will invade the next adjacent sector to the one they took over
  • Slightly increased the chance that HOP and ANT will request pirates to steal from each other
  • Added a workaround for vanilla bug introduced in 2.21 that prevents the AI from properly reacting to shipbuilding shortages
  • Reduced Engine Part production speed from 150% of vanilla to 140%
does this still goes in beta 5,they did something to free traders?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 24. May 19, 18:30

It should still work with beta 5/6. The free trader change should improve the early and mid-game economy a little. The Xenon are still on the edge of OP but aside from that it should be a good experience, or at least as viable as vanilla and a lot more interesting events.

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.0

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 28. May 19, 18:24

Now updated for 2.5 release.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Tue, 28. May 19, 21:42

Will we see issues with the upcoming 3.0 or will a beta version be provided like the 2.5 you did? As I'm on Linux, I'm on the beta channel. Didn't know if I should add to my existing game or hold off.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 28. May 19, 22:28

There's no way for me to know until a beta of 3.0 is available. Odds are it will be fine - 2.5 was an exception. I'd be surprised if there is a beta available in the near future, anyway.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 29. May 19, 13:04

Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 24. Jan 19, 19:27
[*](Econ AI) Fixed a vanilla bug introduced in 2.5 where in rare cases factions might try to expand their shipyard with a production module
Thats a bug :lol: why :? , I have a MIN shipyard that built 2 hull parts module and the whole time was thinking a nice feature of your mod

Oh yes wanted to ask does "remove encounters" have any negative aspects combined with your mod, like that new thing with Khaak warping to big battles?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 29. May 19, 15:20

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 13:04
Thats a bug :lol: why :? , I have a MIN shipyard that built 2 hull parts module and the whole time was thinking a nice feature of your mod
It really messes up their storage ratios and they end up in even worse supply stalls than usual. If they want production they should build a factory. (And do, although the mod code doesn't take over until the vanilla AI does it first)
Buzz2005 wrote:
Oh yes wanted to ask does "remove encounters" have any negative aspects combined with your mod, like that new thing with Khaak warping to big battles?
If it deletes the encounter ships from the universe instead of just disabling the teleporting it might also turn off the Kha'ak interference but otherwise it should be fine.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 30. May 19, 21:45

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 15:20
Buzz2005 wrote:
It really messes up their storage ratios and they end up in even worse supply stalls than usual. If they want production they should build a factory. (And do, although the mod code doesn't take over until the vanilla AI does it first)
Buzz2005 wrote:
If it deletes the encounter ships from the universe instead of just disabling the teleporting it might also turn off the Kha'ak interference but otherwise it should be fine.
My MIN shipyard still builds production modules, now added adv electronics so maybe you didn't fix it, you need a save maybe?
and the remove encounters mods does not stop khaak from warping to battles

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 31. May 19, 03:38

My fix only stops it from getting the first production module. If you added the mod (or updated to the latest version) after the shipyard already has a production module then it's too late. I could probably stop it from adding more; I'll look into it for the next update if Egosoft doesn't fix the root cause first.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 04:22

Have you modified the capital ship attack script at all?

My Destroyer AI has stopped working, they act like normal ships now and don't use their main guns. Trying to figure out if this is vanilla or a mod issue.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 15:47

unit757 wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 04:22
A little, but mostly to fix them not using travel mode and to fix them hovering out of weapons range in some cases. I didn't adjust the main logic.
My Destroyer AI has stopped working, they act like normal ships now and don't use their main guns. Trying to figure out if this is vanilla or a mod issue.
Not sure what you mean by "act like normal ships" since a "normal ship" would be primarily attacking forward with main guns. It should be easy enough to temporarily disable the mod and re-issue your attack order to double check, but I doubt the mod is responsible. In my experience, if the enemy is moving the capital ship attack script spends most its time poorly chasing an offset point of the target ship rather than shooting.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 18:30

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 15:47
unit757 wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 04:22
A little, but mostly to fix them not using travel mode and to fix them hovering out of weapons range in some cases. I didn't adjust the main logic.
Not sure what you mean by "act like normal ships" since a "normal ship" would be primarily attacking forward with main guns. It should be easy enough to temporarily disable the mod and re-issue your attack order to double check, but I doubt the mod is responsible. In my experience, if the enemy is moving the capital ship attack script spends most its time poorly chasing an offset point of the target ship rather than shooting.
Sorry I should have been a bit more detailed, not saying this mod is the problem, it's an amazing mod, just working through the list of what I use trying to find the cause of the problem.

What I mean when I say "normal ship" is that when given an attack command, the ship will close in to close range and engage with all weapons and sort of fly around near the target shooting it. Prior to 2.0 (Last time I seriously played) the capital attack script had a section in it that, if a ship has main guns or any forward mounted weapon system, it would sit stationary at the range of that weapon and engage it's target that way, occasionally re-positioning and generally trying to stay away from it's target. All destroyers used this logic by default, as well as the Balor I modded in and the Sucellus from ashipmod.

Now, however, if I order a capital ship that has a forward weapon to attack, it will not even attempt to use it's forward guns, and just close in and use it's turrets. While I rarely fit my Behemoths with main guns anyways, I do have one that has them and it will not use them when ordered to attack.

Again, not saying this mod is causing problems, in actual fact more just looking to see if anyone else has noticed this behaviour. This and FOCW are the only two big mods I use.

Truthfully I'm just trying to figure out how to get my Balors to behave again so I can answer this games horrid missile spam with even more missile spam.
Last edited by unit757 on Mon, 3. Jun 19, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”