[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.0

Post by Buzz2005 » Thu, 30. May 19, 21:45

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 15:20
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 13:04
Thats a bug :lol: why :? , I have a MIN shipyard that built 2 hull parts module and the whole time was thinking a nice feature of your mod
It really messes up their storage ratios and they end up in even worse supply stalls than usual. If they want production they should build a factory. (And do, although the mod code doesn't take over until the vanilla AI does it first)
Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 29. May 19, 13:04
Oh yes wanted to ask does "remove encounters" have any negative aspects combined with your mod, like that new thing with Khaak warping to big battles?
If it deletes the encounter ships from the universe instead of just disabling the teleporting it might also turn off the Kha'ak interference but otherwise it should be fine.
My MIN shipyard still builds production modules, now added adv electronics so maybe you didn't fix it, you need a save maybe?
and the remove encounters mods does not stop khaak from warping to battles
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 31. May 19, 03:38

My fix only stops it from getting the first production module. If you added the mod (or updated to the latest version) after the shipyard already has a production module then it's too late. I could probably stop it from adding more; I'll look into it for the next update if Egosoft doesn't fix the root cause first.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 04:22

Have you modified the capital ship attack script at all?

My Destroyer AI has stopped working, they act like normal ships now and don't use their main guns. Trying to figure out if this is vanilla or a mod issue.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 15:47

unit757 wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 04:22
A little, but mostly to fix them not using travel mode and to fix them hovering out of weapons range in some cases. I didn't adjust the main logic.
My Destroyer AI has stopped working, they act like normal ships now and don't use their main guns. Trying to figure out if this is vanilla or a mod issue.
Not sure what you mean by "act like normal ships" since a "normal ship" would be primarily attacking forward with main guns. It should be easy enough to temporarily disable the mod and re-issue your attack order to double check, but I doubt the mod is responsible. In my experience, if the enemy is moving the capital ship attack script spends most its time poorly chasing an offset point of the target ship rather than shooting.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 18:30

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 15:47
unit757 wrote:
A little, but mostly to fix them not using travel mode and to fix them hovering out of weapons range in some cases. I didn't adjust the main logic.
Not sure what you mean by "act like normal ships" since a "normal ship" would be primarily attacking forward with main guns. It should be easy enough to temporarily disable the mod and re-issue your attack order to double check, but I doubt the mod is responsible. In my experience, if the enemy is moving the capital ship attack script spends most its time poorly chasing an offset point of the target ship rather than shooting.
Sorry I should have been a bit more detailed, not saying this mod is the problem, it's an amazing mod, just working through the list of what I use trying to find the cause of the problem.

What I mean when I say "normal ship" is that when given an attack command, the ship will close in to close range and engage with all weapons and sort of fly around near the target shooting it. Prior to 2.0 (Last time I seriously played) the capital attack script had a section in it that, if a ship has main guns or any forward mounted weapon system, it would sit stationary at the range of that weapon and engage it's target that way, occasionally re-positioning and generally trying to stay away from it's target. All destroyers used this logic by default, as well as the Balor I modded in and the Sucellus from ashipmod.

Now, however, if I order a capital ship that has a forward weapon to attack, it will not even attempt to use it's forward guns, and just close in and use it's turrets. While I rarely fit my Behemoths with main guns anyways, I do have one that has them and it will not use them when ordered to attack.

Again, not saying this mod is causing problems, in actual fact more just looking to see if anyone else has noticed this behaviour. This and FOCW are the only two big mods I use.

Truthfully I'm just trying to figure out how to get my Balors to behave again so I can answer this games horrid missile spam with even more missile spam.
Last edited by unit757 on Mon, 3. Jun 19, 07:12, edited 1 time in total.

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 18:30

unit757 wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 18:30
Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 15:47
unit757 wrote:
Sorry I should have been a bit more detailed, not saying this mod is the problem, it's an amazing mod, just working through the list of what I use trying to find the cause of the problem. It could very well be an issue with the base game.

What I mean when I say "normal ship" is that when given an attack command, the ship will close in to close range and engage with all weapons and sort of fly around near the target shooting it. Prior to 2.0 (Last time I seriously played) the capital attack script had a section in it that, if a ship has main guns or any forward mounted weapon system, it would sit stationary at the range of that weapon and engage it's target that way, occasionally re-positioning and generally trying to stay away from it's target. All destroyers used this logic by default, as well as the Balor I modded in and the Sucellus from ashipmod.

Now, however, if I order a capital ship that has a forward weapon to attack, it will not even attempt to use it's forward guns, and just close in and use it's turrets. While I rarely fit my Behemoths with main guns anyways, I do have one that has them and it will not use them when ordered to attack.

Again, not saying this mod is causing problems, in actual fact more just looking to see if anyone else has noticed this behaviour. This and FOCW are the only two big mods I use.

Truthfully I'm just trying to figure out how to get my Balors to behave again so I can answer this games horrid missile spam with even more missile spam.
Last edited by unit757 on Mon, 3. Jun 19, 07:11, edited 1 time in total.

benc85
x4

Post by benc85 » Sun, 2. Jun 19, 23:08

unit757 wrote:
I'm sure i read a section in the update notes, that this is a feature of the 2.5 update. Large ships now close to a range where every equipped weapon can fire. If main guns are failing to fire at any range, that would appear to be a new vanilla bug and should be reported to Egosoft

unit757
x4

Post by unit757 » Mon, 3. Jun 19, 07:19

benc85 wrote:
Sun, 2. Jun 19, 23:08
unit757 wrote:
I'm sure i read a section in the update notes, that this is a feature of the 2.5 update. Large ships now close to a range where every equipped weapon can fire. If main guns are failing to fire at any range, that would appear to be a new vanilla bug and should be reported to Egosoft
Yeah, at this point I'm likely going to disable all my mods and attempt to stomach a vanilla play through so I can throw some bug reports up.

I skimmed the update notes for 2.0 up to 2.5 and didn't see any mention of what you said. Only thing I could see was in 2.0 they improved the portion of the script that covers capitals without front facing weapons.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 09:42

do you all have seen destroyers cliping trough xenon Ks?

its really bad on my end happens way to often, especially if its a NPC ship them my ships shoot at the xenon cant miss the NPC its in the K and then he turns red :gruebel:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 16:22

I haven't seen it with the frequency you indicate but it is an issue that's on my list.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 11. Jun 19, 16:25

so its a vannila issue then, well good luck cant wait for next version :)

skullwarrior

Post by skullwarrior » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 22:48

This mod is not working as intended, I start a fresh savegame with game version 2.5. and the first thing I notice was the fact the Teladi got no warships on any of theirs sectors, and the defense fleets of the rest ot the factions where smaller. In 20 hours of game the xenon wipe out almost all teladi sectors to he east ot the map, Company regard, hewas twins, ianamous zura, all sectors where annihilated, I even when there to help and my entire fleet got destroyed stopping the xenon in hewas twins, and I got help from the paranid, when I manage to stop the invasion, the war reports shows a xenon station getting build in bright promise, I went there and continues to show 0 teladi defense force, I had to forfeit the savegame and start again, because there where 0 chances for my to help stop the upcoming hell to my paranid allies in trinity sanctum, xenons invading form east and north? I did'nt had either enough rep to purchase L destroyers, and either the money to buy them,
I don't know if your mod improve the war or not, it only broke the savegame, the Teladi with no warships and the rest of the factions with less ships. and the xenon .... on a rampage. PLEASE FIX THAT, for now on, I will stay with vanilla war scripts

PieBue
x4

Post by PieBue » Fri, 28. Jun 19, 12:02

I can confirm that. I started your Mod on an vanilla game setup.
~3 Weeks later my Galaxy looks like this:
- Paranides are almost wiped out
- Teladi are under hard presure
- Antigone captured one of the HOP sectors.
I think the Problem of the Xenon is, that they have another economy (if they have one at all).
Most take over took place while the civilised Empires stuggeled a hard field coil shortage.
The Xenon on the other side lost 5 K and 1 J Destroyer in a Battle during "Leuchtendes Versprechen".
I took them out personaly (the K has a big weakspot making it easy to take it out by a Minotaur).
At Threefold they managed to overwehlm Paranid Destroyer and Carrier Guard.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 28. Jun 19, 16:51

Unless I'm misreading the time there, this universe is at 130+ game hours. While I'd prefer the factions recover better than that, a 100+ hour game where the player barely made an impact is not really my highest priority.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Fri, 28. Jun 19, 17:37

Xenon are far too numerous especially early...

The economy is just too weak of all the factions to fend off a xenon destroyer every hour + adds

Hatikvah is dead, Argon prime is dying, hewas twins are already lost.

20! hours into the game

This is pretty damn fast... i wasnt even able to pull off a factory because of the hard shortages everywhere.

It doesnt seem they recover from that as well. How shoudl they if their economy is practially already dead or... in other words: was never running.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 28. Jun 19, 21:52

Early game wars are getting nerfed (again). Update will be tonight or tomorrow. Need to finish up some things.

Ramokthan
x4

Post by Ramokthan » Fri, 28. Jun 19, 21:57

I love the action and the threat the xenon bring into the game actually. But when they kill the factions before even a experienced player can pull off some effective countermeasures, well.

Not that i am whining about factions being wiped but it feels like you have to pull off a own working self sufficient factory network before the xenon reach you. And there is no other way to play the game anymore.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 29. Jun 19, 03:27

In my defence, every Egosoft patch since 2.0 has made changes that effectively buff the Xenon relative to other factions. Hopefully 3.0 will finally involve them doing some counterbalancing with economy changes...

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.1

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 30. Jun 19, 01:24

New version is live. Feedback would be appreciated.

Motionblurr
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.1

Post by Motionblurr » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 00:47

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 30. Jun 19, 01:24
New version is live. Feedback would be appreciated.
Loading up a new game now. Ill let you know how it works with the DeadAirGate Overhaul

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”