[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

z1ppeh
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.8

Post by z1ppeh » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 08:45

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:47
Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:45
Main post. There are no plans for a beta version right now. The 3.3 beta should work fine.
Thx!
Also - would it be possible to make new module to boost Xenon so that they are even tougher? For very hard game
Use FOCW - viewtopic.php?t=403357 - make sure you read the posts and edit the configs appropriately. The added jobs can make them obscenely powerful (it does change the naming scheme of things but its wholly worth it)

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 22:49

z1ppeh wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 08:45
Mr.Freud wrote:
Mysterial wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:45
Main post. There are no plans for a beta version right now. The 3.3 beta should work fine.
Thx!
Also - would it be possible to make new module to boost Xenon so that they are even tougher? For very hard game
Use FOCW - viewtopic.php?t=403357 - make sure you read the posts and edit the configs appropriately. The added jobs can make them obscenely powerful (it does change the naming scheme of things but its wholly worth it)
Thx, will give it a try! Is it ok to use it alongside FE and VRO?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 23:13

Mr.Freud wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 22:49
z1ppeh wrote:
Fri, 26. Jun 20, 08:45
Mr.Freud wrote:

Thx!
Thx, will give it a try! Is it ok to use it alongside FE and VRO?
It does entirely different things than those and both devs recommend it when people want to make things harder.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 08:45

Hi, I have some kind of bug and I am trying to figure out what is causing this bug.

After many hours I noticed many stations are beeing under construction but without any construction ship around and it never really starts to built even when many construction ships are flying around. I am using several mods but I think none is changing the faction economy logic except these (catchup, war, eco).
I am playing in 3.2 so far.

Does anyone else notice this behaviour? Is it even a bug (even after 10 hours of observation the building did not continue) or is it vanilla behaviour and I just havent noticed it so far?

Also one question: How does the "player can get paid for helping invasions" work? Is it some kind of mission offer or how does it work exactly?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:18

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 08:45
Hi, I have some kind of bug and I am trying to figure out what is causing this bug.

After many hours I noticed many stations are beeing under construction but without any construction ship around and it never really starts to built even when many construction ships are flying around. I am using several mods but I think none is changing the faction economy logic except these (catchup, war, eco).
I am playing in 3.2 so far.

Does anyone else notice this behaviour? Is it even a bug (even after 10 hours of observation the building did not continue) or is it vanilla behaviour and I just havent noticed it so far?

Also one question: How does the "player can get paid for helping invasions" work? Is it some kind of mission offer or how does it work exactly?
Hi,

I'm on the v3.3 Beta currently, but that's a relatively recent change for me, game was started in v3.2 so by far the bulk of my time was on that version. Interestingly, I've been surprised how quickly other Factions are building stations compared to me. Sure, the Construction vessel can take a while to turn up at times, but stations builds seem to be fed VERY quickly - far more quickly than my own stations in the same area. So, Faction station building appears to be working well in my current game.

I'd love to know how to get paid for that too! I've freed numerous sectors from the Xenon, allowing another Faction to claim it - hence my seeing lots of station building - yet I get nothing for it. Additionally, I'm constantly defending these sectors from further incursions as the local forces just aren't up to it. As there are no Faction stations near the Gates I'm guarding, I get zero recognition despite many hundreds of Xenon kills. For these sort of efforts to go unrewarded is really something the vanilla game should address, but if a mod can handle it, that's fine by me.

Scoob.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:29

Scoob wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:18
Hi,

I'm on the v3.3 Beta currently, but that's a relatively recent change for me, game was started in v3.2 so by far the bulk of my time was on that version. Interestingly, I've been surprised how quickly other Factions are building stations compared to me. Sure, the Construction vessel can take a while to turn up at times, but stations builds seem to be fed VERY quickly - far more quickly than my own stations in the same area. So, Faction station building appears to be working well in my current game.

I'd love to know how to get paid for that too! I've freed numerous sectors from the Xenon, allowing another Faction to claim it - hence my seeing lots of station building - yet I get nothing for it. Additionally, I'm constantly defending these sectors from further incursions as the local forces just aren't up to it. As there are no Faction stations near the Gates I'm guarding, I get zero recognition despite many hundreds of Xenon kills. For these sort of efforts to go unrewarded is really something the vanilla game should address, but if a mod can handle it, that's fine by me.

Scoob.
Actually I started a test game with 3.3 beta 4 and disabled the Faction Enhancer Eco module (catchup and war are still active). So far I havent seen any station in construction forever without any buildership assigned. So maybe its a 3.3 beta fix or the Eco module that caused the bug (or I need to let seta run longer and check more).

Anyway I will let seta run some more hours (ig time is nearly 20h so far) and will report my result if its really not happening anymore.
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 14:58

Even if a build storage has all the resources, about half the builder ships in the universe are tagged for the player's use only by default, so you unfortunately cannot use idle build ships as an indicator that there is a bug. There may simply be insufficient builders available that the AI is actually allowed to use.

As for the invasion payment mechanic, it only applies during active invasion of an enemy sector, prior to being contested. Once it is contested you can get money as in vanilla by killing enemies near the defence station. It would be nice if there were an instance of the patrol mission that could show up in the war subscriptions too - I'll have to look into how difficult a change that would be.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 18:56

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:29
Scoob wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 12:18
Hi,

Scoob.
Actually I started a test game with 3.3 beta 4 and disabled the Faction Enhancer Eco module (catchup and war are still active). So far I havent seen any station in construction forever without any buildership assigned. So maybe its a 3.3 beta fix or the Eco module that caused the bug (or I need to let seta run longer and check more).

Anyway I will let seta run some more hours (ig time is nearly 20h so far) and will report my result if its really not happening anymore.
I have been doing some testing in this regard actually as I am testing things for my corporations mod. I was also trying to see if stations would be built with the vanilla factionlogic_economy script and some other things I was looking into. Even after letting the game run on seta for several hours, it appeared that no new factory was constructed. Defense stations and such were still being constructed, but not new factories. The recent test, I did see one new hatikvah factory under construction but not any other faction. It may be that new construction of stations is something which does not happen often at all. I know it is based on shortages and such, but I am still looking into it and testing. I know for a fact though, that if it detects serious shortages, it will start to build stations or at least it was. Of course, this was when it detected no stations at all for the main factions. It is hard to explain and something I still don't fully understand yet as I explore more.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 20:47

Ok, after 60 in game hours with seta there are still some stations (but less than in my first test) that are under construction forever (even 20 hours after I have seen them the first time) without any construction vessel.

So its not related to your mod as I have deactivated it in my test. I guess its some vanilla thing and happens just randomly. Maybe you are right that there are not enough construction vessels. At least most of the stations will be built without a problem.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Jul 20, 23:32

Max Bain wrote:
Fri, 24. Jul 20, 20:47
Ok, after 60 in game hours with seta there are still some stations (but less than in my first test) that are under construction forever (even 20 hours after I have seen them the first time) without any construction vessel.

So its not related to your mod as I have deactivated it in my test. I guess its some vanilla thing and happens just randomly. Maybe you are right that there are not enough construction vessels. At least most of the stations will be built without a problem.
Check if they need resources to build by looking at trade offers for the build storage.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Jul 20, 15:52

One of the things that I've noticed can often stall my own builds, is when a ship delivers all but one or two of a given ware. I.e. I need 1,000 claytronics and a ship delivers 999. This causes my offer - even if at max price - to not be that attractive, especially if my build site is in a dead-end sector with no through traffic. I'm assuming offer price, total amount required and travel distance all factor in to NPC behaviour shen supplying build sites.

In my current game I've set up a station in Tharka's Ravine IV Thatka's Fall and while the builds of other factions in neighbouring sectors are getting supplied very quickly, my own build hasn't been supplied in some time. Orignally there was a Xenon blockade - they took over Fires of Defeat and Family Tkr - so no supplies could get through and the local economy couldn't really support builds. However, I cleared Fires of Defeat and let the Teladi take over and their builds were completed quickly, due to an in-rush of supplies. Once trade traffic could flow, other builds started proceeding more quickly buy my distant station is still a bit starved, so I'll need to do supply runs myself. At least the way is clear now though.

Using the VRO mod, so popping Xenon stations is much tougher, as are their ships.

Scoob.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 09:02

I'v been playing for a few dozen hours with this mod, and while I see a few invasions happening here and there I'm yet to see NPCs actually flip an ownership of the sector. Is this normal?
Or does the intensity of wars goes up significantly as the time progresses? For now what I'm seeing barely counts as border skirmishes.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 14:17

AtilaElari wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 09:02
I'v been playing for a few dozen hours with this mod, and while I see a few invasions happening here and there I'm yet to see NPCs actually flip an ownership of the sector. Is this normal?
Or does the intensity of wars goes up significantly as the time progresses? For now what I'm seeing barely counts as border skirmishes.
same. we need real wars

Sixters
x4

Post by Sixters » Tue, 28. Jul 20, 15:33

I'm very, very, very interested in your mods. All modules, ofc :)
Are they fully compatible for a saved game or is a new one needed ?

If i remember correctly i'm already using the Economy module tho, gonna verify this but i think i installed it when i installed VRO.
Compatibiity wise, I'm also using Deadair's DynamicWars and the "Reactive Factions" mod because i love the idea of factions not liking a big company to furnish weapons & ships to their enemys. Also recently i added FCOW because i had a problem with Xenon's Overwhelming the galaxy so i wanted to boost other factions. That shouldnt be a problem if i read correctly what you said here (still up to date ? I just saw a tiny issue with hull parts)

Anyway, your job looks truelly awesome and i feel exited to test this. Catchup module especially as i would like factions to not snowball too much or die to fast against xenons (TEL almost dead in my games, only few days in tho)

hs: For the short story, it seems my xenon's problem was more of a economic problem, every warf/shipyard in the galaxy seems constantly out of ressources, mainly hull/turret components (sometimes shield & missile aswell). I started to build some factory and it seems better now. For an unknow reason HOP seems to develop way faster than other factions, even if my factories are closer to Argon/TEL space that HOP one.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 00:31

AtilaElari wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 09:02
The intensity ramps up until ~40h. Ownership changes is not a good metric for judging war behavior. I use station turnover (how many stations are destroyed/rebuilt) since that is more directly related to the game state.
Sixters wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 20, 15:33
Are they fully compatible for a saved game or is a new one needed ?
It is safe to enable in an existing game.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Wed, 29. Jul 20, 15:48

can you make another module that will remove limits preventing factions to take over each other completely?

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.0

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 1. Aug 20, 23:46

v5.0 available; significant military improvements. This is likely to be the last major version until the expansion.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 00:29

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 1. Aug 20, 23:46
v5.0 available; significant military improvements. This is likely to be the last major version until the expansion.
Thanks for the update, downloading now!

Edit: can I get some clarity on this as I might not be understanding you correctly:

"(Econ Bal) Player ships built at a player shipyard can't be sold (not retroactive)"

Is this effectively turning off Player Shipyards being able to sell to NPC's? I've not long had my Shipyard up and running in my main game, plus I have a second game (Pirate Start) where you begin with a Shipyard. Oddly enough, it's only very recently I started selling ships, primarily to support a given faction in a more passive manner, rather than direct combat. It's been quite entertaining seeing a Faction totally turn the tide with my assistance.

Scoob.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 01:37

It turns off you being able to build and then manually sell them. You can only sell to NPC factions by them adding a build.

In a perfect world, I would be able to check if the NPC has job quota for ships and let you sell to them directly until their jobs fill up. Alas, that functionality is not available and without some kind of limitation on selling, the other balance changes don't mean anything.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 02:03

Mysterial wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 01:37
It turns off you being able to build and then manually sell them. You can only sell to NPC factions by them adding a build.

In a perfect world, I would be able to check if the NPC has job quota for ships and let you sell to them directly until their jobs fill up. Alas, that functionality is not available and without some kind of limitation on selling, the other balance changes don't mean anything.
Ah, I see. That makes perfect sense, I'm with you now.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”