[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.72

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 6. May 20, 18:30

Yes, those lines will only match code in 3.2. The warnings are harmless.

leoriq
x3ap

Post by leoriq » Thu, 7. May 20, 15:21

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 02:55
Fixed station defences in low attention targeting previous attackers that are still alive but are no longer in range (or possibly even in the same sector!)
was that the cause for stations not dealing damage in OOS? If yes, sweet!
Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 6. May 20, 02:55
Fixed capital ship movement in low attention (no more spinning ships)
Noooo! Dancing Ks were so fun!! I will miss them dearly :D
Signature yes signature a GIGANTIC SIGNATURE!!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 9. May 20, 02:03

Hi,

Regarding:

I'm still seeing wildly spinning ships OOS from time to time. I'm on 3.2 HF1 Beta and also use VRO and some other mods including the XR Ship Pack.

Note: It may be total coincidence, but the ships I see spinning are all from the XR Ship Pack. I don't have much it the way of Satellite coverage though, so it may well just be coincidence.

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 9. May 20, 02:15

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 02:03
Hi,

Regarding:

I'm still seeing wildly spinning ships OOS from time to time. I'm on 3.2 HF1 Beta and also use VRO and some other mods including the XR Ship Pack.

Note: It may be total coincidence, but the ships I see spinning are all from the XR Ship Pack. I don't have much it the way of Satellite coverage though, so it may well just be coincidence.

Scoob.
It may be something from one of those two mods. I haven't noticed it with any vanilla ships in my game.

Turrets not in a proper group for a quadrant maybe?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 9. May 20, 02:23

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 02:15
It may be something from one of those two mods. I haven't noticed it with any vanilla ships in my game.

Pass. I'd not noticed any spinning ships until this...but then I've not been observing many OOS fights. I'll keep an eye out and see if any vanilla ships start spinning.

Is this a fix on a ship-by-ship basis then? So, it only affecting XR Ship Pack ships is plausible?

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 9. May 20, 02:37

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 02:23
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 02:15

Pass. I'd not noticed any spinning ships until this...but then I've not been observing many OOS fights. I'll keep an eye out and see if any vanilla ships start spinning.

Is this a fix on a ship-by-ship basis then? So, it only affecting XR Ship Pack ships is plausible?

Scoob.
It's a change in their rotation speed OOS since it was technically instant before if I understand it correctly. It's in the aiscript it self, not on the ships.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 9. May 20, 02:47

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 02:37
It's a change in their rotation speed OOS since it was technically instant before if I understand it correctly. It's in the aiscript it self, not on the ships.
Hmm, I wonder why some ships still seem to have problems then? Also, should your change stop ships insta-turning in general? I mean, while I was observing one of my Destroyers dock at my Nomad, I observed it change direction instantly upon approach. Plus it did an instant 180 when undocking. Or is this something separate?

Scoob.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 9. May 20, 03:21

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 02:47
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 02:37
Hmm, I wonder why some ships still seem to have problems then? Also, should your change stop ships insta-turning in general? I mean, while I was observing one of my Destroyers dock at my Nomad, I observed it change direction instantly upon approach. Plus it did an instant 180 when undocking. Or is this something separate?

Scoob.
Pretty sure the fix is only in the combat scripts. I'm sure mysterial can give a better answer, but I doubt he intended it to only work properly for vanilla ships/balances. The only answer I can think of if it works properly for vanilla ships, it must be something with the other mod's ships :?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 9. May 20, 03:59

Mods can't change the instant rotation in low attention. What I did was changed the target position for capship movement to be in absolute space instead of relative to the target, which means the target point doesn't move as the target moves/rotates. I only do this at short range because it inhibits ships chasing enemies that are moving, since the position won't update. The most likely cause of the issue remaining is VRO's increased weapons range. I will look into it, but the longer I make the range for absolute positioning the worse your ships will be at chasing enemies that move out of range.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Sat, 9. May 20, 11:17

can I ask what was the problem with spinning? As long as OOS outcomes are similar to IS why would that be important?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Retrox
x4

Post by Retrox » Sat, 9. May 20, 15:04

This does'nt fix flickering docked ships (OOS), does it?
Intel i7 8700, Gtx 1070, 16gb RAM. I think i'm ready for X4. Bring it on, Egosoft!

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 9. May 20, 15:57

Buzz2005 wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 11:17
can I ask what was the problem with spinning? As long as OOS outcomes are similar to IS why would that be important?
Low attention deals damage loosely based on what guns and turrets are pointed at the target. (I think for ships it's really just quadrant, but not 100% sure) If you read the 3.0 patch notes, you might remember that one of the fixes was to stop ships from doing main cannon damage when they were not actually pointed at the target. Well, if they're spinning in a circle at super speed, what guns are they even hitting with? Basically random. Additionally, with ships moving (mostly) properly, they have more chance to evade fire, both because low attention takes speed into account and because they might move out of range of some guns as they reposition. Finally, even if it had zero change in outcome, it looks much better and making the map view look closer to what the player would experience in person is a worthwhile cause IMO.
Retrox wrote:
Sat, 9. May 20, 15:04
This does'nt fix flickering docked ships (OOS), does it?
No.

maseren

Post by maseren » Mon, 11. May 20, 17:06

Question regarding Faction Enhancer. I am currently in one sector keeping the Xenon out with a defense platforum, yet behind me a Xenon Defense platform is "magically" popping up. I can't destroy the damned thing, and eventually wil have to fight it. The Xenon have NOTHING creating it. Is this normal? is this FE induced? by the way they don't need catch up as they're kicking ass now.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 11. May 20, 17:25

AI stations are built the same way yours are - by declaring a plot and station plan first. Since 3.0 you should be able to reliably destroy them by attacking the constructing module (note that it starts with full health so it will take a while) although it is easier OOS since the module you're supposed to shoot will be mostly invisible.

With this mod installed you can also just wait a while - if you prevent the Xenon from delivering any materials eventually they will give up and the plot will go away until their next invasion attempt. It would be nice if they didn't pick the same exact spot every time but I haven't taken the time to look into that yet.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. May 20, 22:05

as soon as I started to build defense modules on my station here comes not 1 but 2 SCA incarcatua to wreck it, and my small fleet is 3 sectors away :evil:

oh man is revenge going to be cold :twisted:
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. May 20, 23:47

I have a q, why does ARG patrol Teladi space and attack my ships?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 12. May 20, 01:54

They're probably heading to Guiding Light. The vanilla behavior for patrol ships is to also attack any enemies on the way to their patrol area, so they can easily be distracted by the first shiny thing on the way there.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 12. May 20, 10:36

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 12. May 20, 01:54
They're probably heading to Guiding Light. The vanilla behavior for patrol ships is to also attack any enemies on the way to their patrol area, so they can easily be distracted by the first shiny thing on the way there.
they where in memory of profit, I got out of there quickly, but a little fleet was in two grand for some time camping the gate to Fires of Victory
ARG is building stations in Two Grand and it was always Teladi, still is

And when im happy to show them what a mistake they made MIN gets pissed :D

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 19. May 20, 01:05

Beta update. Last one until release unless Egosoft does something crazy in the 3.2 beta, so if you have any feedback, now would be a good time.

Download Link

Changes since previous beta:
  • A change in the previous beta to make HQ traders focus on research wares has been reverted, since in 3.2 this can be accomplished via Trade Rules instead
  • Fixed a bug where ships restocking subordinates could get stuck waiting for an inordinate amount of time
  • Improved ability of higher skill fighter pilots to chase enemies that engage boost or travel mode
  • Boost used to flee will use shields in low attention
    • For technical reasons, the shield will be consumed at the end of the movement, not while it is moving
  • Stations will resend their distress call after a while even if no new enemies appear, in case local security was unable to respond the first time
  • Workaround for a rare bug when the player is present for capital ship combat where an AI ship fails to fire because it points just slightly above the target
  • Workaround for a (vanilla) bug where pirates may fail to steal crates from a station they hacked if SETA is running
  • Fixed lower than original loadout for rebuilt wharf/shipyard
  • Factions will no longer buy from a player shipyard in the following conditions:
    • It is in a hostile sector that the player is not also hostile to
    • There are nearby enemy combat ships that the player is not hostile to
    • A hostile faction is already building there
  • Trade ships will now pick up nearby dropped unowned ware crates before starting a trade search if the drops are part of their ware basket
    • This means that if you get hacked and your trade ships return they will try to pick up the wares and put them back
  • Tweaked calculation of resource usage for faction shipyards that are stalled so the faction's economy AI will react a little more urgently

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 19. May 20, 01:33

Thanks for the update, I will apply it right away.

Scoob.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”