[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.72

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. May 20, 23:47

I have a q, why does ARG patrol Teladi space and attack my ships?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 12. May 20, 01:54

They're probably heading to Guiding Light. The vanilla behavior for patrol ships is to also attack any enemies on the way to their patrol area, so they can easily be distracted by the first shiny thing on the way there.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 12. May 20, 10:36

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 12. May 20, 01:54
They're probably heading to Guiding Light. The vanilla behavior for patrol ships is to also attack any enemies on the way to their patrol area, so they can easily be distracted by the first shiny thing on the way there.
they where in memory of profit, I got out of there quickly, but a little fleet was in two grand for some time camping the gate to Fires of Victory
ARG is building stations in Two Grand and it was always Teladi, still is

And when im happy to show them what a mistake they made MIN gets pissed :D
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 19. May 20, 01:05

Beta update. Last one until release unless Egosoft does something crazy in the 3.2 beta, so if you have any feedback, now would be a good time.

Download Link

Changes since previous beta:
  • A change in the previous beta to make HQ traders focus on research wares has been reverted, since in 3.2 this can be accomplished via Trade Rules instead
  • Fixed a bug where ships restocking subordinates could get stuck waiting for an inordinate amount of time
  • Improved ability of higher skill fighter pilots to chase enemies that engage boost or travel mode
  • Boost used to flee will use shields in low attention
    • For technical reasons, the shield will be consumed at the end of the movement, not while it is moving
  • Stations will resend their distress call after a while even if no new enemies appear, in case local security was unable to respond the first time
  • Workaround for a rare bug when the player is present for capital ship combat where an AI ship fails to fire because it points just slightly above the target
  • Workaround for a (vanilla) bug where pirates may fail to steal crates from a station they hacked if SETA is running
  • Fixed lower than original loadout for rebuilt wharf/shipyard
  • Factions will no longer buy from a player shipyard in the following conditions:
    • It is in a hostile sector that the player is not also hostile to
    • There are nearby enemy combat ships that the player is not hostile to
    • A hostile faction is already building there
  • Trade ships will now pick up nearby dropped unowned ware crates before starting a trade search if the drops are part of their ware basket
    • This means that if you get hacked and your trade ships return they will try to pick up the wares and put them back
  • Tweaked calculation of resource usage for faction shipyards that are stalled so the faction's economy AI will react a little more urgently

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 19. May 20, 01:33

Thanks for the update, I will apply it right away.

Scoob.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Wed, 20. May 20, 01:36

Does anybody know why since using factionfix module, I'm experiencing intermittent hitching where FPS drops to about 6-12 and then rebounds back to the 50s where I normally sit? It probably happens every 5~10 seconds or so. I'm assuming it's a CPU usage spike.

I've tested removing this module and it's what's causing it. FWIW I've installed it mid-way through a save, and am also using XR Shippack, weaponpack and the Ossian Raider mod, which has resulted in a more war-heavy universe state, and also an abundance of much longer range weaponry than vanilla.

The other module, catchup, is fine as when I use it alone I don't experience this behavior.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 20. May 20, 04:55

There are two other modules than Catchup that could theoretically cause performance issues, which one are you having trouble with?

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Wed, 20. May 20, 07:01

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 04:55
There are two other modules than Catchup that could theoretically cause performance issues, which one are you having trouble with?
Thanks for your reply, Mysterial, and I apologize for not being clearer.

Specifically it's faction_fix_pack that is causing me issues.

I am using faction_fix_pack_catchup, faction_fix_pack_econai, and faction_fix_pack_econ_bal without performance issue.

However, when I add in faction_fix_pack, I get the intermittent hitching I described above. Specifically, FPS will drop to 6-12ish for a second, and then rebound back to 50fps, which is my usual framerate. This happens every 5-10 seconds or so, whether I am flying around or using the map. It definitely feels to me like CPU usage spikes, though I haven't had a chance to monitor core/thread usage% yet. When removing the faction_fix_pack, the issue goes away.

Edit: Also, these are the 4.72 release, not the new beta you posted above, and I am not opted-in to the X4 beta.

Meme Turtle

Post by Meme Turtle » Thu, 21. May 20, 00:49

Is there any setting to make factions have bigger economy and build more ships and of bigger size? At the moment I have HOP occupy about 1/3 of the map, and while they do build fleets they are not producing nearly as many as I can with a few complexes.

Also, I am using VRO+XR pack but barely seeing any capital ships. I would really like to see AI fleets consisting of multiple battleships and super carriers.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 21. May 20, 05:11

If you are using the release version of the mod, try the beta as I fixed an issue that caused the AI to usually ignore the possibility of building new XL ships for invasion attack and defence. Otherwise, I'm just using the jobs that are available in most cases. If you want the AI to use more mod super ships then you should ask the author(s) about whether those ships are set to be buildable and available to faction logic.

The vanilla jobs are also set up so that if a faction takes too much territory they start to run out of job quota and aren't allowed to build too many more ships. I don't intend to change this behavior.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 22. May 20, 18:08

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 19. May 20, 01:05
[*]Stations will resend their distress call after a while even if no new enemies appear, in case local security was unable to respond the first time
May I put 'small' request?
I think factions should care more about their core sector, especially shipyard/wharf.
Is it possible to add some overriding signal so all patrols in nearby sectors should come to the rescue of those installations if they are attacked and/or heavily damaged?
its kinda weird they don't really care.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Fri, 22. May 20, 18:56

Fixing defence patrols is on my list for a future version, but it won't be this one.

Derp

Post by Derp » Sat, 23. May 20, 16:00

I have two questions about sector claiming behavior:

1) Are factions willing to skip over allied sectors to claim territory? One of the major limitations in vanilla faction wars is they'd only attack adjacent sectors. If you captured a frontline sector it could halt a war in its tracks because they'd never "invade" your sector to get at the enemy on the other side. Is this fixed?

2) How can I reenable unowned sector claiming? I recall a few versions back the AI would gobble up any neutral sector it could reach. The Teladi took the Nopileoses Fortune, Argon occupied all the Silent Witnesses, etc. In my current game the Xenon have hollowed out a few sectors, and even though I've driven them off and the sectors are unowned now, none of the bordering factions (FRF, TEL) seem to want to move in and repopulate the space. If it's the case that none of them want them, can the SCA start spawning stations and stuff there?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 23. May 20, 18:39

Derp wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 16:00
1) Are factions willing to skip over allied sectors to claim territory?
No.
2) How can I reenable unowned sector claiming?
Whether neutral sectors will be invaded by the AI is now controlled by the map settings. The "original" unclaimed sectors have been marked by Egosoft to be ignored unless the player owns them and is hostile to a neighbor. All other neutral sectors except a couple of story-related sectors are fair game.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Sat, 23. May 20, 19:55

some observation after several games 24-48 hours each
I see swarms of AI traders wandering aimlessly around wharves and bigger stations and around gates. It looks like there is way too much trader jobs, they seem bored ;>

Like, I often see 10-20 of those around trade stations or wharves waiting for trade

Another thing - amount of stations built near gates. Sectors are basically empty, while near gates its sometimes even hard to navigate. I smashed into defence station built basically on the gate several times already. It looks very weird.

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Mon, 25. May 20, 17:18

hello,

since the latest, mod are, trading stations, empty?
Are not filled?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 25. May 20, 19:00

djrygar wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 19:55
I see swarms of AI traders wandering aimlessly around wharves and bigger stations and around gates. It looks like there is way too much trader jobs, they seem bored ;>
I need their jobs to even consider doing anything. If they're food/water traders, it also happens in vanilla.
Another thing - amount of stations built near gates. Sectors are basically empty, while near gates its sometimes even hard to navigate. I smashed into defence station built basically on the gate several times already. It looks very weird.
This is also vanilla, albeit on my list to investigate at some point.
raim729 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 17:18
since the latest, mod are, trading stations, empty?
Are not filled?
I don't know what you mean. Trading stations are fallback for wares that are overstocked, so them having no stock of in demand wares is expected.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Mon, 25. May 20, 20:50

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 19:00
djrygar wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 19:55
I need their jobs to even consider doing anything. If they're food/water traders, it also happens in vanilla.
Ah, I only removed gateoveraul to test what mod does it, just assumed it's FE.
They gather around wharves so they're probably tech traders

Nothing game- breaking tho, its just little unusual sight, maybe some room for perf improvements.

+you mentioned few posts ago about war logic only taking adjacent sectors as possible targets.
Is that defined in engine or some vanilla war script?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 25. May 20, 22:29

Sector attack choice and restrictions are in script (MD)

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Tue, 26. May 20, 14:23

I meant from the factions the trading stations, were always full.
And since the latest Mod version empty.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”