[MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v5.5

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

raim729
x4

Re: [MOD] Faction War/Economy Enhancer v4.72

Post by raim729 » Mon, 25. May 20, 17:18

hello,

since the latest, mod are, trading stations, empty?
Are not filled?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 25. May 20, 19:00

djrygar wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 19:55
some observation after several games 24-48 hours each
I see swarms of AI traders wandering aimlessly around wharves and bigger stations and around gates. It looks like there is way too much trader jobs, they seem bored ;>
I need their jobs to even consider doing anything. If they're food/water traders, it also happens in vanilla.
Another thing - amount of stations built near gates. Sectors are basically empty, while near gates its sometimes even hard to navigate. I smashed into defence station built basically on the gate several times already. It looks very weird.
This is also vanilla, albeit on my list to investigate at some point.
raim729 wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 17:18
since the latest, mod are, trading stations, empty?
Are not filled?
I don't know what you mean. Trading stations are fallback for wares that are overstocked, so them having no stock of in demand wares is expected.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Mon, 25. May 20, 20:50

Mysterial wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 19:00
djrygar wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 19:55
some observation after several games 24-48 hours each
I see swarms of AI traders wandering aimlessly around wharves and bigger stations and around gates. It looks like there is way too much trader jobs, they seem bored ;>
I need their jobs to even consider doing anything. If they're food/water traders, it also happens in vanilla.
Ah, I only removed gateoveraul to test what mod does it, just assumed it's FE.
They gather around wharves so they're probably tech traders

Nothing game- breaking tho, its just little unusual sight, maybe some room for perf improvements.

+you mentioned few posts ago about war logic only taking adjacent sectors as possible targets.
Is that defined in engine or some vanilla war script?

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Mon, 25. May 20, 22:29

Sector attack choice and restrictions are in script (MD)

raim729
x4

Post by raim729 » Tue, 26. May 20, 14:23

I meant from the factions the trading stations, were always full.
And since the latest Mod version empty.

Snowfious
x4

Post by Snowfious » Tue, 26. May 20, 21:52

Hi there, first off love your mods.

But I have seen an issue as of 3.2 beta version 2. As of this update, your War mod causes the game to freeze up, after about a minute or so into when the game loads. I have done quite a lot of testing, by seeing what mod it is, and the culprit is your War mod. I think whenever some event that your mod gives off it cases the game to freeze. I've also tried new games, still same issue. All of your other FE mods work, except the War one as of this beta update. Also I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, still same issue.

talentless

Post by talentless » Tue, 26. May 20, 21:57

Snowfious wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 21:52

But I have seen an issue as of 3.2 beta version 2. As of this update, your War mod causes the game to freeze up, after about a minute or so into when the game loads. I have done quite a lot of testing, by seeing what mod it is, and the culprit is your War mod. I think whenever some event that your mod gives off it cases the game to freeze. I've also tried new games, still same issue. All of your other FE mods work, except the War one as of this beta update. Also I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod, still same issue.
Can confirm.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:06

Yes, I know. I will upload a new beta tonight.

alexuyk
x4

Post by alexuyk » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:08

Snowfious wrote:

Can confirm. Also Information tab ceases to work.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:10

alexuyk wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 22:08
Snowfious wrote:

thats the catchup part
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Snowfious
x4

Post by Snowfious » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:23

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 22:10
alexuyk wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 22:08
Snowfious wrote:

thats the catchup part
Just did a test and I too can confirm that Catchup mod breaks the Interaction window. Probably due to the fact that they added a button on the interact window, which focuses on what you have selected. As well as the same window but is now on the right side of the screen, to see the same info as Interact window while I'm guessing being in other windows (such as fleets, etc) on the left. Which is a neat feature they added.

blackice85

Post by blackice85 » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:54

Glad you guys figured out the culprit so fast, it's such a pain disabling mods and restarting the game a hundred times lol.

alexuyk
x4

Post by alexuyk » Tue, 26. May 20, 23:54

Well, this is what you get for playing on beta.
Plz fix soon, love the mod and dont wanna play without it.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 27. May 20, 00:12

Latest beta should now be compatible with 3.2 Beta 2.

Snowfious
x4

Post by Snowfious » Wed, 27. May 20, 04:29

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 00:12
Latest beta should now be compatible with 3.2 Beta 2.
Just tested it out and can confirm that with 3.2 Beta 2, both issues have been fixed. Appreciate the timely efforts.

Darlandra
x4

Post by Darlandra » Thu, 28. May 20, 02:57

War module appears to cause a crash with the game. Music plays, but everything else comes to a standstill. have tested with everything disabled but it and it will still cause it.
Edit: Ok so it looks like you have a different version for download than what's on steam worship I'll try the download.
Edit2: Ok yea, looks like the steam version of of the war enhancer is causing what's effectively a crash, though i'm not waiting to see if i get a window crash window. Nothing is popping up under the game log for this. Downloaded the beta and it works fine though now.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 28. May 20, 06:11

Darlandra wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 02:57
War module appears to cause a crash with the game. Music plays, but everything else comes to a standstill. have tested with everything disabled but it and it will still cause it.
Edit: Ok so it looks like you have a different version for download than what's on steam worship I'll try the download.
Edit2: Ok yea, looks like the steam version of of the war enhancer is causing what's effectively a crash, though i'm not waiting to see if i get a window crash window. Nothing is popping up under the game log for this. Downloaded the beta and it works fine though now.
Always check the forums, the steam versions will rarely be compatible with the beta versions and so the devs will release a beta version of their mods for the beta of X4. This is especially true when it requires new things from the beta, thus is not backward compatible.

LEGO1001
x3tc

Post by LEGO1001 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 03:21

Im sorry if i ask but does your mod make the xenon minnings ship kill them selfs by going in hostile space

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 05:37

They shouldn't go into hostile space to actually mine, but they need to supply their station in enemy territory, so you might see them in non-Xenon space. The AI has reserve miners that stay home so it shouldn't get broken by miners dying too much.

LEGO1001
x3tc

Post by LEGO1001 » Thu, 4. Jun 20, 19:24

Most of the xenon shipyards are out of /ore/siclon/ and not building anything anymore

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”