Question about 3d models ship

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thecrippler

Question about 3d models ship

Post by Thecrippler » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 20:52

I have a Question about 3d models ship ok am not a computer expert or 3d expert i wanna support the modding community the best way i can

now my question is this my i allowed to buy a 3D models ship and give it to a moder if he is interested in whether it is allowed or not if this is not allowed please let me know and i will never post like this again

apologies for my bad english

Shehriazad
x4

Re: Question about 3d models ship

Post by Shehriazad » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 21:08

I will answer based on a guess what you were asking:

If you were to pay someone else to make a 3D model for you and you have full permission to use it and then have someone else turn it into a full mod for you (or you make a mod with it yourself)...I do not see a problem.
It is of course without question that you will NOT be allowed to monetize such a "mod" as the property rights of the game are with Egosoft.

So you can release this mod for free or use it just for yourself as you are allowed to pretty much mod anthing you want I guess. But you cannot break LAWS of your country or Germany and you cannot make money off of it. You can also not use copyrighted material from other sources as that could also get you into trouble.

But TL;DR -> I think commissioning/buying a 3D model from someone is fine if you are fine with it.

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Wed, 6. Feb 19, 21:23

Shehriazad wrote:
Wed, 6. Feb 19, 21:08
I will answer based on a guess what you were asking:

If you were to pay someone else to make a 3D model for you and you have full permission to use it and then have someone else turn it into a full mod for you (or you make a mod with it yourself)...I do not see a problem.
It is of course without question that you will NOT be allowed to monetize such a "mod" as the property rights of the game are with Egosoft.

So you can release this mod for free or use it just for yourself as you are allowed to pretty much mod anthing you want I guess. But you cannot break LAWS of your country or Germany and you cannot make money off of it. You can also not use copyrighted material from other sources as that could also get you into trouble.

But TL;DR -> I think commissioning/buying a 3D model from someone is fine if you are fine with it.
will my goal is not to sell the ship i buy and abuse the system or law am i willing to buy 3d ships and give it away for free for the modding community am not looking for any fame or any thing alos what dos monetize such a "mod mines :? as i said a am not familiar with this kinda stuff so am gona ask a lot off quesetn regradi this topic

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Thu, 7. Feb 19, 01:19

someone did that on X:rebirth.

beware that 3d model is not 3d model. there is some stuff u need to think about. all of this can be done by the modder but its work. loads of work.
is it unwraped? is it textured? how is it textured?
also on S and M ships there is the issue with animations. they are surely not included in a bought model.

also i dont know of anyone successfully editing the collision mesh of a ship.
[edit] correction on this one. i just modified mine and it works. wooohooooo

so in conclusion i think you can do that but u should wait till the first ships are made. ports from X:rebirth dont count.

im working one one for quite some time now and im about 15% dont. ofc thats just a rough estimation.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 1443_1.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”