[MOD] Escape Teleport 1.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mysterial
x4

[MOD] Escape Teleport 1.3

Post by Mysterial » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 20:26

This makes it so that if the ship you are in is destroyed, but you have a ship in range of your current teleport research, you will be instantly teleported there instead of receiving a Game Over screen. Now you can play a smaller ship in a big battle without worry of a random missile making you load a savegame. You must be on a ship for it to activate but you don't have to be the pilot. It should handle any kill method that involves receiving hull damage, including the hazard zones, but it won't trigger if your ship gets instant killed by script, such as in the PHQ mission.

There are currently no visual effects when the teleport happens, you're just suddenly on a different ship. I couldn't get the effects system to do anything useful, but if someone wants to try to help with that, let me know.

Download Link
Also available on Steam Workshop

Changes in 1.3:
  • Fixed an issue where the teleport could fail if the player owns a ship that is not reachable by jump gates
Changes in 1.2:
  • Improved decision on ship to teleport to so that ships with the same purpose are prioritized and if there are multiple targets in the same sector, prioritize the closest one
Changes in 1.1:
  • Fixed an issue where if the player was in a M or higher size vessel that was destroyed, the teleport could fail because it tried to target a drone instead of a real ship.
Last edited by Mysterial on Sat, 23. May 20, 18:54, edited 4 times in total.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [MOD] Escape Teleport

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 20. Feb 19, 22:44

thats what Im talking about, thank you very much

was proposing that a while ago :)
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Thu, 21. Feb 19, 17:00

Wow, this is excellent - and its something I had originally just assumed would be included in the base game, it just... makes sense.

sco1981
x4

Post by sco1981 » Fri, 22. Feb 19, 22:29

Mysterial wrote:
Wed, 20. Feb 19, 20:26
This makes it so that if the ship you are in is destroyed, but you have a ship in range of your current teleport research, you will be instantly teleported there instead of receiving a Game Over screen. Now you can play a smaller ship in a big battle without worry of a random missile making you load a savegame. You must be on a ship for it to activate but you don't have to be the pilot. It should handle any kill method that involves receiving hull damage, including the hazard zones, but it won't trigger if your ship gets instant killed by script, such as in the PHQ mission.

There are currently no visual effects when the teleport happens, you're just suddenly on a different ship. I couldn't get the effects system to do anything useful, but if someone wants to try to help with that, let me know.

Download Link
Thank you so much for this! :thumb_up:

Is it possible to change the teleportation target to a escape pod ? This would be really awesome! :)

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Thu, 28. Feb 19, 19:41

sco1981 wrote:
Fri, 22. Feb 19, 22:29
Is it possible to change the teleportation target to a escape pod ? This would be really awesome! :)
Not without creating a whole new ship for that purpose. To be honest that's not really the goal here anyway.

Stollie
xr

Re: [MOD] Escape Teleport 1.1

Post by Stollie » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 02:44

Any chance of an update to 3.0 for this one? :)

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 14:55

Stollie wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 02:44
Any chance of an update to 3.0 for this one? :)
Is it not working anymore?
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:05

It doesn't need an update, it works fine. This mod is unlikely to need to be updated for new game versions.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 00:46

Great Idea I'm play a none modded play through now, but will add it for my modded play.

I was just thinking how annoying this game is with the save / load save / load over and over. It never feels like a real simulated universe if all I'm doing is reloading saves haha.

I wanted to have some sort of clone system, etc but the transport system makes more sense especially since it's in the game already.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 01:55

This still needs official implementation ;p
Thanks for the great mod.

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 20:51

Mysterial wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:05
It doesn't need an update, it works fine. This mod is unlikely to need to be updated for new game versions.
Of course, I say that, and Egosoft immediately makes me pay for it. :P

Updated to fix a potential bug related to the 3.1 beta. Possible Egosoft will fix it for themselves before release, but no harm in being pre-emptive in this case.

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 21:48

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 20:51

Of course, I say that, and Egosoft immediately makes me pay for it. :P

Updated to fix a potential bug related to the 3.1 beta. Possible Egosoft will fix it for themselves before release, but no harm in being pre-emptive in this case.
Which bug are you referring to?

Mysterial
x4

Re: [MOD] Escape Teleport 1.11

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 22:25

They changed the AI to not attack objects that are indestructible. The way this mod works (and the vanilla combat tutorial added in 3.0) is to make the ship technically indestructible but detect when its hull should have gone below zero, then process the teleport (if applicable), then set the ship to be destructible again. Therefore AI will not directly attack the player at all.

Godis

Post by Godis » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 12:08

This mod is a great idea! Is it possible to get an option to be in space with your EVA suit instead of being teleported to a nearby ship? Just like an eject option. Maybe this could be done like you would have to activate it manually, by a key press for example. So that you can eject your ship when it's almost destroyed.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 12:17

Any chance having this work on stations? I almost wonder if there is a way to say interrupt death itself and use that for the teleportation point.

I love the idea so much been doing some testing. Can't wait for not having to reload and actually lose my stuff

jah
x4

Post by jah » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 12:08

Godis wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 12:08
This mod is a great idea! Is it possible to get an option to be in space with your EVA suit instead of being teleported to a nearby ship? Just like an eject option. Maybe this could be done like you would have to activate it manually, by a key press for example. So that you can eject your ship when it's almost destroyed.
I would prefer something like an escape pod like the ones which are used by bailed out pilots. Is it possible to implement this. I would appreciate this :wink: :mrgreen:

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Sun, 12. Apr 20, 13:44

jah wrote:
Sun, 12. Apr 20, 12:08
Godis wrote:
Sat, 11. Apr 20, 12:08
I would prefer something like an escape pod like the ones which are used by bailed out pilots. Is it possible to implement this. I would appreciate this :wink: :mrgreen:
enemies I think target you anyways so you be dead 2 seconds later. I like the idea and if they did not shoot you and kill you I would love that mod too especially before teleport

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Mon, 20. Apr 20, 19:56

Hi,

would it be possible to change the randomness where you teleport to?

I would like to have a priority like this:

1. another Squad/Wing member (first choice would be the biggest ship as mother ship or a ship of same class, then the smaller ones if not available)
2. if no squad is available, pick the nearest other military ship, then civilian ships

Only point 1 would be enough to make me happy :D

Btw: this is a must have mod
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Mysterial
x4

Post by Mysterial » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 00:39

Well, I didn't go so far as checking the player's squadron but I did make a few changes that should avoid annoyance when you have ships doing other things in the sector.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Tue, 21. Apr 20, 00:43

Mysterial wrote:
Tue, 21. Apr 20, 00:39
Well, I didn't go so far as checking the player's squadron but I did make a few changes that should avoid annoyance when you have ships doing other things in the sector.
Sounds good! Thanks :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”