[WIP] Custom Ship mod - Help needed!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BrummBear02
x3ap

Re: [WIP] Custom Ship mod - Help needed!

Post by BrummBear02 » Fri, 1. Mar 19, 18:44

you should really join discord ^^

you need to clean up your model.

press tab to go edit mode, press A to select everything, left bottom press mesh, press clean up, press delete loose.
then enter UV editing if u made changes to UV maps, klick in 3d view part and select all. (pressing A again) then select the UV map and unlink it again. now export.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

also u can stay at 2.8 if its that bad for you to switch down to 2.7x but then ull have to play around till u find the correct export options ^^
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 06:04

Thanks Brumm, I got the model ingame now but i think I messed up something since the ship looks rusty AF.
https://i.imgur.com/LYeLXeV.jpg

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 06:46

Cadius wrote:
Sat, 2. Mar 19, 06:04
Thanks Brumm, I got the model ingame now but i think I messed up something since the ship looks rusty AF.
Do you have one rendered outside the build menu? maybe with a skin?? The build menu can have odd texture artifacting, though.. never usually with a default skin.
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 06:53

I messed up the vertex coloring, fixed it now and it appears correctly in the build menu. Now coding issues i think, I got the ship in the build menu but when i build it the shipyard doesn't complete the construction. The timer jumps straight to 0.00 and sits there. The shipyard isn't lacking resources since it says Everything is OK in the build menu.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 15:27

its been a while since i ran into that issze. its defenitly something in the ship XML or macro file. sadly i cant tell u the exact cause, id need to take a look on the files.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 15:52

I wonder how much work is needed for mod made ship to work with ingame "paint mods"?
I mean there is 50+ paints, so you need to made them all work one by one or there is some kind of template, so that you just need to texture ship once and it will work with all paint mods?

KrYcHokE
x4

Post by KrYcHokE » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 16:01

All paint mods just tailed on the areas marked by red mask in second vertex color channel.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 2. Mar 19, 16:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 2. Mar 19, 15:52
I wonder how much work is needed for mod made ship to work with ingame "paint mods"?
I mean there is 50+ paints, so you need to made them all work one by one or there is some kind of template, so that you just need to texture ship once and it will work with all paint mods?
viewtopic.php?p=4849134#p4849134

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 17:54

Progress! I got the ship ingame - basically rebuilt the xmls using BrummBear's Split Raptor.
https://i.imgur.com/vt1VyUS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yuO1EBG.jpg
There's a bit of an issue with the ship though, all the mesh that I mirrored in blender seem to have inverted textures but look completely fine in the build menu.

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Mon, 4. Mar 19, 19:36

oh, i remember the raptor xml beeing a mess with commented out stuff and leftovers from learning

when u mirror meshes in edit mode the normals get flipped. u now have to flip normals by hand or use the bisect tool to cut your model in half and mirror it again using the mirror modifier, which doesnt flip normals.

press N, scroll down and activate backface culling. that way faces u look at from the wrong side will get see through. not suited for actual modeling but great for checking normals.

if u select a face in edit mode u can go mesh -> normals - flip normals. also works if u select multible faces.

the bisect way: go edit mode, select all by pressing A, on the left go tools, Bisect. Draw a line somewhere. press F6. plane normal X is 1, rest is 0. check clear inner or outer box. not both. done, ur mesh is cut in half in the middle along the Y axis.
now go object mode, select your mesh in the outliner, go modiiyers (the blue wrench) add modifier, generate - mirror. if ur origin isnt centered this might behave funny so generade a duplicate of ur mesh first and merge it after u confirmed the mirror worked the way u want.

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 18:19

Alright, thanks for the help everyone. If I have more questions I'll post them in BrummBear's tutorial thread. Might be better to have everything in one place.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 24. Dec 19, 00:10

Cadius wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 18:19
Alright, thanks for the help everyone. If I have more questions I'll post them in BrummBear's tutorial thread. Might be better to have everything in one place.
Any update for that ship?

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Fri, 29. May 20, 14:00

Still waiting for this ship. :D
How can someone go so far and then not finish it :? :(
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Brahemino
x4

Post by Brahemino » Tue, 22. Sep 20, 09:10

I really think this mod will never be released.
A real shame, I was really happy to see Cadius at work ... in x3 he had really given me a lot of satisfaction, releasing contents of extreme and rare quality. Too bad it didn't go the same way for X4!
I guess it's no longer the case to hopefully check this thread from time to time. :(
www.calciopeglio.netsons.org
Un paese e la sua realtà calcisitca.

Riccardoman
x4

Post by Riccardoman » Wed, 23. Sep 20, 14:22

The ship station pack from Cadius was my favourite mod for x3 alongside XTM... I really hope he will return someday, because his ships design are the best i've encountered so far in the X modding community

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”