[WIP][MOD] X-Tra Ship Pack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cadius
x3tc

[WIP][MOD] X-Tra Ship Pack

Post by Cadius » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 19:11

Greetings everyone, I'm very slowly working on getting some new ships into X4 because though I love the game I personally don't find the ships to be very attractive.

In the first phase of the mod, I aim to give the Antigone Republic a some new set of ships. I didn't like that they are a separate faction from the Argon Federation but uses the exact same ship design with some tweaked stats.
Here's what I'm working on at the moment.

[WIP] L Size Destroyer - Horus
ImageImage Image Image
Argon Behemoth added for size comparison
The Horus will come in 2 variants - A heavily armored and shielded Sentinel variant and a Vanguard variant which sacrifices shield and armor for more L turrets and speed.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Re: [WIP][MOD] X-Tra Ship Pack

Post by BrummBear02 » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 19:39

how do you create these? kitbashing, pulling them from some site or is it entirely your work?
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 20:36

Niiiice.

Might I suggest you try to mimic the older, X3 designs for the sub-factions? It would actually make sense for these factions to use older, slightly updated models today while it would also fill the gap lore-wise (as in, why they've all disappeared).

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 22:26

been watching for someone else to do some ships. Here's what I ask everyone..Medium ships...lol maybe the light carrier from Rebirth (drone carrier here) or some corvettes from before that, fighters are fine I think but corvettes are rare and shouldnt be. Gunboats and drone ships would be helpful to add more game play. :roll:

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 23:08

hi the more ship types the better ,I sugest you make your mod compatible with a ship mod as this is used by a lot off people ,,,
best of luck to you

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sun, 10. Mar 19, 23:41

KRM398 wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 22:26
been watching for someone else to do some ships. Here's what I ask everyone..Medium ships...lol maybe the light carrier from Rebirth (drone carrier here) or some corvettes from before that, fighters are fine I think but corvettes are rare and shouldnt be. Gunboats and drone ships would be helpful to add more game play. :roll:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 1946_1.jpg

wanna help me?

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 00:46

BrummBear02 wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 19:39
how do you create these? kitbashing, pulling them from some site or is it entirely your work?
I made them from scratch, though i got lazy and kitbashed that bottom section (xs dock?) from behemoth.
repatomonor wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 20:36
Niiiice.

Might I suggest you try to mimic the older, X3 designs for the sub-factions? It would actually make sense for these factions to use older, slightly updated models today while it would also fill the gap lore-wise (as in, why they've all disappeared).
for teladi and paranid maybe, but i'm not a fan of X3 Argon ships. More of an X2 man myself.
KRM398 wrote:
M ships have their own challenges to make, ie matching landing gears to other M ships and the animated entrance. Its possible but I wanted to start off with something easier.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 01:44

Cadius wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 19, 00:46
for teladi and paranid maybe, but i'm not a fan of X3 Argon ships. More of an X2 man myself.
Yeah, me too. But right now I'm on the thought line of "The more, the merrier".

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 08:20

Nice man! will follow your work!
Don't forget terran ships... :P
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 09:32

Its true most corvette designs were never made to land without vertical thrusters or something. the MK 1 Certaur you show is nice and is wide enough to add landing gear too also, but even the full sized heavies dont land so that saves you messing with that just by saying they cant or are too big to land at stations, etc.not sure how I can help, please let me know what you are thinking did work on a mod or two in the past, but mostly a writer of ads for the bulletin boards, things like that. :roll:

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 09:51

BrummBear02 wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 23:41
KRM398 wrote:

wanna help me?
X2 was the first time corvettes were introduced and every one was wide and streamlined looking. The split had a MK 1 too and the Paranid the only corvette I can think of that cant be used here was the original Marauder the pirates used too thin and tall, never made to land. but there was one in the XTC mod I think that looked very much like a small carrier with a large flat nose and good defenses. it too was fairly wide.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 10:51

KRM398 wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 19, 09:51
BrummBear02 wrote:
Sun, 10. Mar 19, 23:41
KRM398 wrote:

wanna help me?
X2 was the first time corvettes were introduced and every one was wide and streamlined looking. The split had a MK 1 too and the Paranid the only corvette I can think of that cant be used here was the original Marauder the pirates used too thin and tall, never made to land. but there was one in the XTC mod I think that looked very much like a small carrier with a large flat nose and good defenses. it too was fairly wide.
I know that. There is a reason I decided to do the zentaur mk1. But as cadius said, and as I said on several occasions, s and m ships are way harder than l and xl ships. Cockpit, animations, hatches and landing gear plus way more details. An s or m ship is 4-5 times the work of an l or xl. I personally did it for the challenge.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 16:47

Great news! What about the XL Mandalay Class Battleship from your other topic?

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 19:07

Wow... I love your Ship pack for X3 AP. Nice to see you back.
Ever thought about converting some of your X3 Capital ships to X4? In terms of Quality they would fit right in.
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

KRM398
xr

Post by KRM398 » Mon, 11. Mar 19, 21:18

do your best then, many people play for nothing but big ships. I was never that obsessed with them myself, smaller and mid sized ships were my favorites, but at the moment not playing anyways. restarted 3 times I think, get the HQ early on without a need to earn it...too easy...takes away the challenge of being new in a massive space universe and owning next to nothing. maybe survival games are more my speed now..lo :roll:

Cadius
x3tc

Post by Cadius » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 02:49

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 19, 16:47
Great news! What about the XL Mandalay Class Battleship from your other topic?
The Mandalay was my trial run for getting ships into the game. The model itself wasnt very optimized since it was pretty much thrown together in a night. I will revisit it after this.
DJ_D wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 19, 19:07
Ever thought about converting some of your X3 Capital ships to X4? In terms of Quality they would fit right in.
Some especially the terran ships "might" get ported, but its always more fun to model new ships.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 11:53

@Cadius Now that you've mentioned X2, please tell me you are planning on recreating the X2-inspired Titan, Phoenix, Dragon, Buster, and Nova.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 12:18

Indeed, if u plan on recreating x2 ships I would also like to know which ones since I have quite some of them I'm working on.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 12. Mar 19, 22:49

That Destroyer from OP kinda remind me oversized X2 Centaur.

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Thu, 14. Mar 19, 15:02

Cadius wrote:
Tue, 12. Mar 19, 02:49
DJ_D wrote:
Mon, 11. Mar 19, 19:07
Some especially the terran ships "might" get ported, but its always more fun to model new ships.
I, too loved your ship pack and the Terran ships the most. They were so awesome!
Great to hear that you are working on a ship pack, X4 seems to desperatly lack ship-mods. Maybe in a year or two after you made yours I'll start playing it :) .
Ofc ***modified***, modders doing what Egosoft cant.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”