Will anyone be porting ships from these games?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sgt Hawker
x4

Will anyone be porting ships from these games?

Post by Sgt Hawker » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 04:40

Battlestar Galatica?

Vipers and Raptors would fit in real nice and the Battlestars would be great CVs

Star Wars?
Ebon Hawk by Brumbear, WIP.

The main ones not all 600+

Star Trek?

I don't care but someone will ask.

Warhammer?

Would love a Chaos type Cruiser. I do not think any Warhammer is possible but I would love to have the pirate faction as Orcs. They have far better one liners than our current pirates.

Mass Effect?

The Normandy would look good here.

Game Ideas by mrwho

Stargate (VT series)

The Expanse (VT series)

Babylon 5 (VT series)

Homeword series (video game)

Freespace series (video game)

Freelancer, Starlancer (video game)

I-War series (video game)

Wing Commander series (video game)

Elite Dangerous (Video game)

Halo (video game)

Add what other game/ships and i will keep this updated.
Modders if you are working on certain ships/games let me know and I will put who is doing what.
Last edited by Sgt Hawker on Mon, 22. Apr 19, 03:32, edited 4 times in total.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Re: Will anyone be porting ships from these games?

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 23. Mar 19, 04:51

viewtopic.php?f=181&t=414274

go port them yourself :P

to tease u a little: im working on the ebon hawk from starwars. but since thats a side project and with complete interior that will take a while.

[ external image ]
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

Sgt Hawker
x4

Post by Sgt Hawker » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 01:49

Brumbear, I would if I could understand how to even use tools you use. I have nothing but respect for the modders and appreciate the time and effort you put into modding. I even tried to start your tutorial but it was over my head. So please keep up the great work you and all of the other modders do.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 02:38

well my tutorial aims to enable really anyone to do it. even a person with zero expirience since i started out as such a person in february. so i would be greatfull if u could tell me where u failed or what u didnt understand?
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

Sgt Hawker
x4

Post by Sgt Hawker » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:59

BrummBear02 wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 02:38
well my tutorial aims to enable really anyone to do it. even a person with zero experience since i started out as such a person in february. so i would be greatfull if u could tell me where u failed or what u didnt understand?
When I look at the tutorial it looks all Greek to me. I am an old DOS user never did get into +/++ etc... And even with me wanting to learn something at this time in life I would have to forget something.

But if you want some ideas to help others out.

1. I would use numbers and headers for each part/stage.
2. Make it as dumb down as possible (for people like me) Where you would be showing a kid or a really old person
3. Video tutorial on parts that are hard to explain via texts
4. lastly what you take for granted that someone else knows they don't or cannot comprehend what you are saying. This is not aimed at you but at me. take for example when you say CAT/DAT files I had no clue at what that meant, really still don't but I wanted to use an example.

For 90 percent of the people here your tutorial is awesome. For people like me, who just don't have the forte to do it, is like Greek.

I have to do this with my Weapon Instructional classes, and defense classes.
Something I take for granted is always knowing my surroundings, however, in today's age people are always looking at their phones and not looking around. So, I have to drill this into their heads and get them to stop and pay attention. Does not work all the time.

Teaching someone how to use a firearm is even harder, and it is like holding a 3 year old and telling them not to touch the candy. So, I remember how I taught my kids when they were 5 and go that route.
Again this only applies to people like me and doesn't apply to around 90 percent of the people here.

What I can do for you is testing your mods. I have Alpha and Beta tested a lot, way before the "Open Betas" and the now Early Access crap.

Again keep up the great work and I am glad we have awesome modders like you and all the others whose names I can not recall right now.

EmperorDragon
x4

Post by EmperorDragon » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 11:57

A Normandy carrier would be awesome. I don't know much about Mass Effect, the one I know is a Gemini League carrier from Starpoint Gemini 1. I really missed it in both SPG2 and Warlords.

I may try my hand at BSG ships later on, carriers in X4 is very battlestar-like after all, and I still have a Pegasus (battlestar, not Paranid) Blender model buried somewhere on a backup drive. A battlestar will have no bridge so you will have to fly it in exterior views.

Vipers may be a bit too small for X4 though, they're smaller than an Elite with a traditional cockpit instead of an interior.
“To be the first to enter the cosmos, to engage, single-handed, in an unprecedented duel with nature - could one dream of anything more?” - Yuri Gagarin

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 16:42

EmperorDragon wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 11:57
A Normandy carrier would be awesome. I don't know much about Mass Effect, the one I know is a Gemini League carrier from Starpoint Gemini 1. I really missed it in both SPG2 and Warlords.

I may try my hand at BSG ships later on, carriers in X4 is very battlestar-like after all, and I still have a Pegasus (battlestar, not Paranid) Blender model buried somewhere on a backup drive. A battlestar will have no bridge so you will have to fly it in exterior views.

Vipers may be a bit too small for X4 though, they're smaller than an Elite with a traditional cockpit instead of an interior.
You could make Vipers a drone type - see the drone variety mod, think you could do that with a custom model .
Sgt Hawker wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:59
BrummBear02 wrote:
well my tutorial aims to enable really anyone to do it. even a person with zero experience since i started out as such a person in february. so i would be greatfull if u could tell me where u failed or what u didnt understand?
When I look at the tutorial it looks all Greek to me. I am an old DOS user never did get into +/++ etc... And even with me wanting to learn something at this time in life I would have to forget something.

2. Make it as dumb down as possible (for people like me) Where you would be showing a kid or a really old person
4. lastly what you take for granted that someone else knows they don't or cannot comprehend what you are saying. This is not aimed at you but at me. take for example when you say CAT/DAT files I had no clue at what that meant, really still don't but I wanted to use an example.

For 90 percent of the people here your tutorial is awesome. For people like me, who just don't have the forte to do it, is like Greek.

Something I take for granted is always knowing my surroundings, however, in today's age people are always looking at their phones and not looking around. So, I have to drill this into their heads and get them to stop and pay attention. Does not work all the time.

Teaching someone how to use a firearm is even harder, and it is like holding a 3 year old and telling them not to touch the candy. So, I remember how I taught my kids when they were 5 and go that route.
Again this only applies to people like me and doesn't apply to around 90 percent of the people here.

What I can do for you is testing your mods. I have Alpha and Beta tested a lot, way before the "Open Betas" and the now Early Access crap.

Again keep up the great work and I am glad we have awesome modders like you and all the others whose names I can not recall right now.
Just fyi - we're working on making the tools more accessible/reliable, keep an eye out for a forum thread from me once I actually have something to show for that. But there will always be the modeling side of things that we can't really make easier, in my opinion. Not to say that it's easy - it's definitely not - there's just not that much we can do to simplify that. But some of the more convoluted stuff in that tutorial should hopefully get a bit easier.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 16:50

Regarding Star Wars, there is X4 mod based on X3 mod in the work:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-mod-x4

Personally I'd add to OP list of universes:

Stargate (VT series)
The Expanse (VT series)
Babylon 5 (VT series)

Sgt Hawker
x4

Post by Sgt Hawker » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 21:13

Cg089 wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 16:42
EmperorDragon wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 11:57

You could make Vipers a drone type - see the drone variety mod, think you could do that with a custom model .
Sgt Hawker wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 21:59
BrummBear02 wrote:

Just fyi - we're working on making the tools more accessible/reliable, keep an eye out for a forum thread from me once I actually have something to show for that. But there will always be the modeling side of things that we can't really make easier, in my opinion. Not to say that it's easy - it's definitely not - there's just not that much we can do to simplify that. But some of the more convoluted stuff in that tutorial should hopefully get a bit easier.
You guys are doing great. I have downloaded Blender and am trying to figure that out.
I want to encourage you guys as I know it is not easy like you guys make it look. I hate the people who whine or complain about why a mod is not like this or that. But they have no clue how to mod or even tried to do so.
Thank y'all again.

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 23:04

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 16:50
Regarding Star Wars, there is X4 mod based on X3 mod in the work:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-mod-x4

Personally I'd add to OP list of universes:

Stargate (VT series)
The Expanse (VT series)
Babylon 5 (VT series)
I really want to see a Babylon 5 mod and am planning to try once I fix the converter & animation stuff (in fact, that's part of why I've been working on animation stuff) - can you imagine seeing an Omega Destroyer, maybe even with working cobra bays on the rotating section as originally intended. We never got to see this due to time constraints with animating it, but it was supposed to launch them kinda like Babylon 5 itself did. You can find out more at http://www.b5scrolls.com/, it's a fantastic behind the scenes look for us fans.

Sgt Hawker
x4

Post by Sgt Hawker » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 03:08

I know the Vipers may be to small for X4 but we could make them larger by stretching them out and adding some thickness to them, that way you get in from the side or bottom like the other fighters.

Sgt Hawker
x4

Post by Sgt Hawker » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 06:08

Will anyone bring in the Cobra and other ships from Elite Dangerous?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”