[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:46

Drewgamer wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:22
Nemesis_87 wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 12:04
Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 18:20
new version will be up in next week sometime
few new ships
few new weapons
some balancing and bug fixing
ah nice, although i can admit im not a fan of the current new ships (the ones ported from other x games anyways) seeing im really OCD and uniformed and they just dont match the current ship lines :-P

Although i always wanted a battleship varient of the monitor because it was an awesome looking ship, and here it is haha
Is it the quality of the models, or just the overall look?

Because if it's quality you're worried about, I don't think you have to worry too much with the Cyclops, it's quite the beauty.
Oh i saw that one, wondered if it was gonna end up here seeing its a really good model, that 1 matches the Argon fleet and also changes colour in options with the rest of the fleet by the look of it? but that one fits well, stuff like the Panther does nto do it for me because it only comes in black and its texture and design dont match the rest of the fleet :-P
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 16:58

Nemesis_87 wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:46
stuff like the Panther does nto do it for me because it only comes in black and its texture and design dont match the rest of the fleet :-P
you sure you meant panther? panther can use camos and its design quite close to current split ships.

only Centaur is not able to use camo colors

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 19:54

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 16:58
Nemesis_87 wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:46
stuff like the Panther does nto do it for me because it only comes in black and its texture and design dont match the rest of the fleet :-P
you sure you meant panther? panther can use camos and its design quite close to current split ships.

only Centaur is not able to use camo colors
Oh i just built one to try and it does have it, just on the build screen its usualy just black, but when its in space its colour is just alot brighter than other ships so harder to notice, but the ship is still way to out of uniform for my eye haha
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

mAritz
x4

Post by mAritz » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 14:19

Loving the mod so far!

Since all shields have the recharge delay removed, I went ahead and also removed the delay related bonuses from the modifications. For those where that would've been a nerf in vanilla I added a small buff to the other effects. Feel free to do with this as you wish. :)

I really don't know whether the buff values I chose are fair, you can probably judge that much better.

libraries/eqiuipmentmods.xml:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
  <!-- 
    Since there is 0 recharge delay on all shields in VRO the mods for it are useless.
  -->
  <!-- remove the basic mod that only affects rechargedelay -->
  <remove sel="//equipmentmods/shield/rechargedelay[@ware='mod_shield_rechargedelay_01_mk1']" />

<!-- 
    The medium tiers have a 50% chance of getting either delay or rate mod.
    Just removing the delay makes it so you get a guaranteed useful bonus, 
    maybe this bonus should then be nerfed?
  -->
  <replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/capacity[@ware='mod_shield_capacity_01_mk2']/bonus">
    <bonus chance="1.0" max="1">
      <rechargerate min="1.1" max="1.2" />
    </bonus>
  </replace>

<replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/rechargerate[@ware='mod_shield_rechargerate_01_mk2']/bonus">
      <capacity min="1.1" max="1.2" />
    </bonus>
  </replace>

<!--
    The vanilla "fast-cycling" high tier has a guaranteed delay bonus and nothing else.
    As a counterbalance to removing the bonus, the rate is buffed by 5%.
  -->
  <replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/rechargerate[@ware='mod_shield_rechargerate_01_mk3']">
    <rechargerate ware="mod_shield_rechargerate_01_mk3" quality="3" min="1.35" max="1.75" />
  </replace>

<!--
    The vanilla "generalist" high tier has both delay and rate bonus. 
    To compensate the removed delay buff, we buff both capacity and rate by 5% more minimum, but not maximum.
  -->
  <replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/capacity[@ware='mod_shield_capacity_02_mk3']">
    <capacity ware="mod_shield_capacity_02_mk3" quality="3" min="1.15" max="1.3">
        <rechargerate min="1.15" max="1.3" />
      </bonus>
    </capacity>
  </replace>
</diff>
One other thing I noticed: AI seems to be unable to use Positron Beam properly in-sector. In my test they first shot it a few times at the enemy capital ship and then just stopped. It is either a range thing (the ship had 2 turrets that outranged the 2 Positron Beams) or it was unable to let the weapon reload/cooldown. The reload behaviour is a bit weird when manually using it anyways. If you hold the shoot button, it doesn't start cooling down ever - but if you let go until the reload is done (by feel), it starts cooling down a bit before you can shoot it again. Or something like that, not entirely sure.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 17. Aug 20, 21:03

New version when? saw reddit post - that ship so sexy :twisted:

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 11:51

Mr.Freud wrote:
Mon, 17. Aug 20, 21:03
New version when? saw reddit post - that ship so sexy :twisted:
RL is bitch at the moment, have vacation starting from next week and so need to work almost 10-11 hours per day to close all tasks on projects.
Most probably mid next week will be a good assumption.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 15:45

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 20. Aug 20, 11:51
have vacation starting from next week
Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 20. Aug 20, 11:51
Most probably mid next week will be a good assumption.
These two things are mutually exclusive.
Take some deserved rest.

Vacation == sun + beach + rest.
Vacation != computer
Spoiler
Show
OK, now I can't wait for a mid of next week :D
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 20. Aug 20, 16:29

Mycu wrote:
Thu, 20. Aug 20, 15:45

Vacation == sun + beach + rest.
Well, it doesnt when you cant get anywhere with sun and beach from your City due to lockdown :( i dont have much choice, good for you :)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 20:43

Version 2.3
Fully compatible with previous saves.
Final MAJOR version before next DLC, some small additions and fixes are possible if needed.

Notable changes:
- New Paranid Hyperion frigate, tried to have it as close in functionality to X3 as possible.
- New Argon Cyclops Frigate (thanks to Axeface), more beefy frigate with more focus on support then direct damage dealing. Cyclops battleship is now renamed to Corona.
- New Pirate unique destroyer Hound (Thanks to BrummBear) + pirate unique L turret.
- New Xenon U, XL carrier with unique weapons layout and powerful forward-facing beam projector.
- Rework of some slow missiles, now faster, some missile costs were changed.
- Centaur and Hyperion spinal weapons now have small 5 degrees gimbal to help with targeting
- other small updates and balancing.

Miscellaneous:
- some flak weapons redone to better work OOS
- some change in texts.
- quite few bugs squashed.
- some audio updated.

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 21:06

Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 23. Aug 20, 20:43
Version 2.3
This feeling on a Sunday evening when you take a brief look at Ego's forum to pass time while waiting for X4's autosave to finish and realize that new VRO version is out...
Thanks.
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 23. Aug 20, 21:58

Thanks for the update, downloading now.

Edit: A bit of feedback...

I just captured the new Pirate destroyer Hound and when sending it for re-equipping I spotted some issues with the Engine group. Basically, I'm not given an option to replace the Engines. Also, clicking on the Engines directly shows them as two separate groups with different Shields and Turrets, but still no actual engine. Add to this that the Engines are shielded by the HULL shield, not individual shields like others ships. Not sure if that's deliberate or not.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:18

Patch 2.3.1
- Fixed Hound engine groups
- Updated material cost for new XEN U-class, was copy paste from K
- TEL, PAR, ARG battleships can now use power beam turrets for 2 turrets (Corona 2 in front, Deimos 2 on top, Fulmar 2 on main mid section)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:25

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:18
Patch 2.3.1
- TEL, PAR, ARG battleships can now use power beam turrets for 2 turrets (Corona 2 in front, Deimos 2 on top, Fulmar 2 on main mid section)
That was quick! Will download and test.

Query: Will the Hound Engine group be fixed for existing ships?

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:25

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:25
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:18
Patch 2.3.1
That was quick! Will download and test.

Query: Will the Hound Engine group be fixed for existing ships?

Scoob.
not sure to be honest, let me know :)
if not, just sell it, there will be more of them out there in the wilds :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:32

Shuulo wrote:
The two I captured appear to be fixed, didn't expect that! :)

Further question: Do the Pirates only use Hounds as their destroyers now? I appear to be seeing nothing but Hounds when I encounter a Pirate capital ship. Both Phoenix and Behemoth variants (Sentinel and Vanguard) were common place before. I think SCA fielding a variety of ships is a good thing, considering their Pirate nature.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 02:28

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:32
Shuulo wrote:
The two I captured appear to be fixed, didn't expect that! :)

Further question: Do the Pirates only use Hounds as their destroyers now? I appear to be seeing nothing but Hounds when I encounter a Pirate capital ship. Both Phoenix and Behemoth variants (Sentinel and Vanguard) were common place before. I think SCA fielding a variety of ships is a good thing, considering their Pirate nature.

Scoob.
Hm, i may have set them incorrectly in jobs via tags, they should be quite rare. But oh well, will fix later, not a problem at all really, enjoy while it lasts.
Edit: But my debug shows around 4-5 hounds and 7-8 other destroyers, so seems to work fine

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 11:51

Patch 2.3.2
- fixed Xenon U-class selected instead of I for its jobs
- changed shield regen shield delay mods so they are useful now

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 12:12

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 02:28
Hm, i may have set them incorrectly in jobs via tags, they should be quite rare. But oh well, will fix later, not a problem at all really, enjoy while it lasts.
Edit: But my debug shows around 4-5 hounds and 7-8 other destroyers, so seems to work fine
I'll keep an eye on it of course but every SCA Destroyer I've encountered since the update has been a Hound. I had been capturing SCA ships at every opportunity, in a number of neutral sectors with SCA stations present. So, it's likely I'd cleared out any existing SCA Destroyers in those sectors prior to the VRO update.

Perhaps it's all new SCA Destroyer spawns that are Hounds? I fully expect there to be existing SCA Phoenix and Behemoths around still, it's just the sectors I'm farming have nothing but Hounds for SCA Destroyer-class ships.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to get in-game later and I'll make a note of any encounters.

Btw: I noticed that the file size has dropped substantially between 2.3 and 2.3.1 / 2.3.2 - what's the significance of that?

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 12:16

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 12:12
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 02:28
I'll keep an eye on it of course but every SCA Destroyer I've encountered since the update has been a Hound. I had been capturing SCA ships at every opportunity, in a number of neutral sectors with SCA stations present. So, it's likely I'd cleared out any existing SCA Destroyers in those sectors prior to the VRO update.

Perhaps it's all new SCA Destroyer spawns that are Hounds? I fully expect there to be existing SCA Phoenix and Behemoths around still, it's just the sectors I'm farming have nothing but Hounds for SCA Destroyer-class ships.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to get in-game later and I'll make a note of any encounters.

Btw: I noticed that the file size has dropped substantially between 2.3 and 2.3.1 / 2.3.2 - what's the significance of that?

Scoob.
Well, its possible, Hounds are made to spawn in neutral sector and then patrol around random SCA station.
They are not plunderers as usual destroyers, they can cross non-neutral sector when they are going from station to station to protect.

As for file size - i forgot to exclude git metadata from 2.3.0, so its bigger

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 13:41

Please increase the hitboxes of the Xenon Cruise Missiles or decrease their HP or whatever it takes to make them easier to hit for turrets!

Even an Awran with over 40 CWIS-turrets with T3 projectile and rotation speed mods can't destroy those fckn missiles^^ :evil:

this is so annoying...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”