[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 02:28

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:32
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 00:25
not sure to be honest, let me know :)
if not, just sell it, there will be more of them out there in the wilds :)
The two I captured appear to be fixed, didn't expect that! :)

Further question: Do the Pirates only use Hounds as their destroyers now? I appear to be seeing nothing but Hounds when I encounter a Pirate capital ship. Both Phoenix and Behemoth variants (Sentinel and Vanguard) were common place before. I think SCA fielding a variety of ships is a good thing, considering their Pirate nature.

Scoob.
Hm, i may have set them incorrectly in jobs via tags, they should be quite rare. But oh well, will fix later, not a problem at all really, enjoy while it lasts.
Edit: But my debug shows around 4-5 hounds and 7-8 other destroyers, so seems to work fine

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 11:51

Patch 2.3.2
- fixed Xenon U-class selected instead of I for its jobs
- changed shield regen shield delay mods so they are useful now

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 12:12

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 02:28
Hm, i may have set them incorrectly in jobs via tags, they should be quite rare. But oh well, will fix later, not a problem at all really, enjoy while it lasts.
Edit: But my debug shows around 4-5 hounds and 7-8 other destroyers, so seems to work fine
I'll keep an eye on it of course but every SCA Destroyer I've encountered since the update has been a Hound. I had been capturing SCA ships at every opportunity, in a number of neutral sectors with SCA stations present. So, it's likely I'd cleared out any existing SCA Destroyers in those sectors prior to the VRO update.

Perhaps it's all new SCA Destroyer spawns that are Hounds? I fully expect there to be existing SCA Phoenix and Behemoths around still, it's just the sectors I'm farming have nothing but Hounds for SCA Destroyer-class ships.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to get in-game later and I'll make a note of any encounters.

Btw: I noticed that the file size has dropped substantially between 2.3 and 2.3.1 / 2.3.2 - what's the significance of that?

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 12:16

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 12:12
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 02:28
I'll keep an eye on it of course but every SCA Destroyer I've encountered since the update has been a Hound. I had been capturing SCA ships at every opportunity, in a number of neutral sectors with SCA stations present. So, it's likely I'd cleared out any existing SCA Destroyers in those sectors prior to the VRO update.

Perhaps it's all new SCA Destroyer spawns that are Hounds? I fully expect there to be existing SCA Phoenix and Behemoths around still, it's just the sectors I'm farming have nothing but Hounds for SCA Destroyer-class ships.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to get in-game later and I'll make a note of any encounters.

Btw: I noticed that the file size has dropped substantially between 2.3 and 2.3.1 / 2.3.2 - what's the significance of that?

Scoob.
Well, its possible, Hounds are made to spawn in neutral sector and then patrol around random SCA station.
They are not plunderers as usual destroyers, they can cross non-neutral sector when they are going from station to station to protect.

As for file size - i forgot to exclude git metadata from 2.3.0, so its bigger

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 13:41

Please increase the hitboxes of the Xenon Cruise Missiles or decrease their HP or whatever it takes to make them easier to hit for turrets!

Even an Awran with over 40 CWIS-turrets with T3 projectile and rotation speed mods can't destroy those fckn missiles^^ :evil:

this is so annoying...

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 14:38

Something I noticed - in my current game the Battleship class vessels aside from Titan and Gharial don't exist. Any idea what may cause this? Everything else seems to be working fine.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 16:18

Berni wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 13:41
Please increase the hitboxes of the Xenon Cruise Missiles or decrease their HP or whatever it takes to make them easier to hit for turrets!

Even an Awran with over 40 CWIS-turrets with T3 projectile and rotation speed mods can't destroy those fckn missiles^^ :evil:

this is so annoying...
thats a vannilla issue since every turret cant hit any missile afaik
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 16:39

Maybe the guys at Egosoft should watch a few episodes of The Expanse^^ :mrgreen:

https://youtu.be/M9UrVtKPzoM?t=19

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 17:40

AtilaElari wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 14:38
Something I noticed - in my current game the Battleship class vessels aside from Titan and Gharial don't exist. Any idea what may cause this? Everything else seems to be working fine.
You are using XR shippack it seems, it disables my normal battleships.

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 19:08

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 17:40
AtilaElari wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 14:38
You are using XR shippack it seems, it disables my normal battleships.
I remember using them both and having both your and XR ships available. I guess that was in the older versions.

Randal954

Post by Randal954 » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 20:58

Is there any easy way to disable the ship disabler when using XR ship pack? I'm missing out on the Cyclops, Corona and battleship power beam turrets!

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 21:19

Randal954 wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 20:58
Is there any easy way to disable the ship disabler when using XR ship pack? I'm missing out on the Cyclops, Corona and battleship power beam turrets!
This is a question to XR shippack author.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 21:28

A little more feedback:

I've been hanging out exclusively in Nopileos' Fortune II and VI. In the past couple of game hours I've encountered four Hounds in these sectors alone, which does seem a little excessive. I've captured two so far - both of those in NF II and I'm currently boarding one in NF VI while another one is blowing up shipping in that sector. NF VI appears to have just a single station (SCA) yet two Hounds are present.

I'm not complaining, these are simply more ships for my fleet, but perhaps this isn't quite what you intended?

Edit: one more thing - and this might be a legacy of the Engine group issues - I've noticed that Hounds never appear to have shields for the Engine group now, making taking out their engines that little bit easier than it should be. Might just be RNG, but thought I'd mention it in case it is an issue.

Edit 2: I found a Hound that had Shields in the Engine group, so it seems to be working. I'm guessing this Hound is a newer spawn.

Scoob.

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Mon, 24. Aug 20, 22:57

Are the 30km range and shield penetrating beams for the Xenon U intended? :o

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 02:38

Berni wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 22:57
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 01:38
[...]
- New Xenon U, XL carrier with unique weapons layout and powerful forward-facing beam projector.
[...]
I would hazard a guess that it was indeed intended :twisted:
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

AtilaElari

Post by AtilaElari » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 05:29

Berni wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 22:57
I'd say it is a welcome feature. Xenon have a lot of trouble getting past the defence stations in VRO. A siege ship might help with that. Now if only it'd spawn in my game so I could see it in action...

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 11:42

Well yes, Xen U should only be one in the game at all times, it also is not spawned on start and takes some time to build. This is meant as challange for players and a natural force that can shift some borders

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 14:11

hehe, yeah^^

The Xenon U leaves a trail of devastation with a 60km diameter :mrgreen:

Edit: i think there are more than one at a time^^ - i fought 3 U's in like 15 minutes or so in different sectors... one U per shipyard maybe?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 26. Aug 20, 00:23

Berni wrote:
Tue, 25. Aug 20, 14:11
hehe, yeah^^

The Xenon U leaves a trail of devastation with a 60km diameter :mrgreen:

Edit: i think there are more than one at a time^^ - i fought 3 U's in like 15 minutes or so in different sectors... one U per shipyard maybe?
it could happen with first 2.3.0 patch, as i made a mistake and so jobs with Xenon I-class could use U-class as well, when they die there should be no more than 1 (that is if you downloaded the patches if you are not on steam)

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 26. Aug 20, 09:14

my guess is, they come from BlackRain's FOCW mod :)
his enhanced Xenon settings makes them very aggressive^^ they send Ks, Rs and Us every few minutes.

EDIT: is it possible to tune down the volume of the positron turret sounds?
flying a ship with a few of theses turrets is a pain for my ears :wink:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”