[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AtilaElari

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by AtilaElari » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 05:29

Berni wrote:
Mon, 24. Aug 20, 22:57
Are the 30km range and shield penetrating beams for the Xenon U intended? :o
I'd say it is a welcome feature. Xenon have a lot of trouble getting past the defence stations in VRO. A siege ship might help with that. Now if only it'd spawn in my game so I could see it in action...

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 11:42

Well yes, Xen U should only be one in the game at all times, it also is not spawned on start and takes some time to build. This is meant as challange for players and a natural force that can shift some borders

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Tue, 25. Aug 20, 14:11

hehe, yeah^^

The Xenon U leaves a trail of devastation with a 60km diameter :mrgreen:

Edit: i think there are more than one at a time^^ - i fought 3 U's in like 15 minutes or so in different sectors... one U per shipyard maybe?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 26. Aug 20, 00:23

Berni wrote:
Tue, 25. Aug 20, 14:11
hehe, yeah^^

The Xenon U leaves a trail of devastation with a 60km diameter :mrgreen:

Edit: i think there are more than one at a time^^ - i fought 3 U's in like 15 minutes or so in different sectors... one U per shipyard maybe?
it could happen with first 2.3.0 patch, as i made a mistake and so jobs with Xenon I-class could use U-class as well, when they die there should be no more than 1 (that is if you downloaded the patches if you are not on steam)

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 26. Aug 20, 09:14

my guess is, they come from BlackRain's FOCW mod :)
his enhanced Xenon settings makes them very aggressive^^ they send Ks, Rs and Us every few minutes.

EDIT: is it possible to tune down the volume of the positron turret sounds?
flying a ship with a few of theses turrets is a pain for my ears :wink:

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Sun, 30. Aug 20, 02:19

Hey Shuulo, I was trying to add the new L turrets (for Arg/Par/Tel) to other ships and was wondering if you could help me a bit there.

I THOUGHT the right way to go about it was the tags in the connection for the turret in its ship xml (C:\Program Files (assets\units\size_xl\<shipName>.xml)

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<diff>
	<replace sel="//connection[@name='bls_l_turret_1']/@tags">turret large standard poweredarg hittable</replace>
	<replace sel="//connection[@name='brs_l_turret_1']/@tags">turret large standard poweredarg hittable</replace>
</diff>
I feel like I'm missing something obvious here and was hoping you could help :)
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 31. Aug 20, 23:34

Drewgamer wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 02:19
Hey Shuulo, I was trying to add the new L turrets (for Arg/Par/Tel) to other ships and was wondering if you could help me a bit there.

I THOUGHT the right way to go about it was the tags in the connection for the turret in its ship xml (C:\Program Files (assets\units\size_xl\<shipName>.xml)

<diff>
	<replace sel="//connection[@name='bls_l_turret_1']/@tags">turret large standard poweredarg hittable</replace>
	<replace sel="//connection[@name='brs_l_turret_1']/@tags">turret large standard poweredarg hittable</replace>
</diff>
Dunno, looks fine for me. If it doesnt work try to replace not tag but whole connection.

<replace sel="//connection[@name='bls_l_turret_1'>
CONNECTION CODE
</replace>

e0s888

Post by e0s888 » Wed, 2. Sep 20, 09:59

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 31. Aug 20, 23:34
Drewgamer wrote:
Sun, 30. Aug 20, 02:19

<diff>
</diff>
Dunno, looks fine for me. If it doesnt work try to replace not tag but whole connection.

<replace sel="//connection[@name='bls_l_turret_1'>
CONNECTION CODE
</replace>
Hey Shuulo,
I have similar question to you. I managed to give Taranis your Argon Ion Beam (changing tag to ,,turret large standard poweredarg hittable" but I would prefer your Teladi Beam. What is the name (tag) of your new Teladi Beam? Please tell me, because I love those nostalgic freespace beams... 

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 2. Sep 20, 13:59

e0s888 wrote:
Wed, 2. Sep 20, 09:59

Hey Shuulo,
I have similar question to you. I managed to give Taranis your Argon Ion Beam (changing tag to ,,turret large standard poweredarg hittable" but I would prefer your Teladi Beam. What is the name (tag) of your new Teladi Beam? Please tell me, because I love those nostalgic freespace beams... 
poweredtel for positron, powerpar for tri-beam

Godis

Post by Godis » Thu, 3. Sep 20, 00:49

I'm sorry for a little offtopic, but I need someone experienced to answer my question, please. Since I've updated the game to 3.3 I have a weird problem. Whenever I want to buy new equipment for a ship, after confirming my selection when I hit the "Buy" button, nothing happens - but it takes the related amount of credits from my account. It works the other way too, when I want to remove / sell equipment from a ship. Then it just adds the credits to my account. It does that everytime I hit that "buy" button, indefinately (up to millions, when I press it often enough). As mentioned it never removes or builds new equipment and the screen doesn't close, like it would normally do when you confirm to buy or sell the stuff.

In research of the cause of this weird issue I went through my entire extensions list and found here and there a few single left-over files from mods I've updated by just overwriting files (and actually forgot to remove the old ones). I also removed some older mods that technically should still work, but I don't require anyway.
But no matter what I tried, the issue remains. Also tried it with a new game and now I'm getting out of ideas. Which mod(s) can interfere with the game that way? Maybe some UI mod? I really don't know... I also couldn't find anything close to my problem anywhere else, or any reports about a certain mod or conflict causing it. I should also mention that it worked fine with my mods setup before the update. I even re-installed the entire game and re-added the mods afterwards. But nothing helped so far.

EDIT: Well, it was Right click API / G-Workaround. Totally forgot that one, since it only gets updated on regular updates...

e0s888

Post by e0s888 » Sat, 5. Sep 20, 14:50

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 2. Sep 20, 13:59
e0s888 wrote:
Wed, 2. Sep 20, 09:59

Hey Shuulo,
poweredtel for positron, powerpar for tri-beam
Thanks a lot for info!!! I will be happy to test them on Arawn today.
Thank you for the great mod also, I am having great fun with it :)
Cheers!

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 9. Sep 20, 06:02

Shuulo,

As a head's up, on linux, when I had my Nodan dock to the Hyperion (Par owned), walking around in my Nodan caused it to graphically disappear, so it looked like I was in space. Also when I managed to get the "Teleport" information up, it did not give the hyperion bridge as an option.

Reproduction Steps and Bug Desc:

1) Hop into a personally owned Nodan fighter, no idea if fighter type has a role to play, this is what I was in.
2) Find a Hyperion out in the wild, mine was AI, paranid owned, not sure if personal matters or not.
3) Stand up.

It was at this point that my ship's body, the cockpit, everything, just goes invisible. Physically it is still there, I am walking, I can interact with things as per usual, just that it graphically poofs. It can flicker as well, so the ship would cut in and out.

4) Walk over to where the teleport should be (where you go to get into space suit) and attempt to go to the hyperion bridge.

You should see no option to go to the bridge.

5) Sit back down in the pilot seat via blindly (again invisible body) walking to the spot it should be. You will still see the reticle and highlight along with "Use" show.

For me, the entire ship stayed invisible, but once I undocked everything reappeared.

Essentially, I was looking to see what each of the new frigates looked like for their bridges and bridge positions before buying one and saw this issue.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sat, 12. Sep 20, 06:20

Decided to give this a try.... My ships have no weapons when I go to refit them... i.e. nothing is listed in the wharf itself as weapons I can fit to a ship I am trying to update or change.

Any ideas?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 12. Sep 20, 11:32

Malakie wrote:
Sat, 12. Sep 20, 06:20
Decided to give this a try.... My ships have no weapons when I go to refit them... i.e. nothing is listed in the wharf itself as weapons I can fit to a ship I am trying to update or change.

Any ideas?
Did you enabled the mod mid-game? VRO requires new save game as there are a lot of changes, specifically to weapons.
If not, do you have Split DLC? It's required for correct work

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:13

What exactly happens if you activate mid game? Existing ships are a mess, but will they be fixed over time as they die and respawn with the new weapons?

Im thinking I can add this to my save, then write a script to rinse every ship in the game, but then keep the shipyards fully stocked for maybe 3 hours to rebuild?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:35

Hornet108 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:13
What exactly happens if you activate mid game? Existing ships are a mess, but will they be fixed over time as they die and respawn with the new weapons?

Im thinking I can add this to my save, then write a script to rinse every ship in the game, but then keep the shipyards fully stocked for maybe 3 hours to rebuild?
in theory this will work. New ships should be built with correct loadouts., but i have no idea what other consequences can be after such operation

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 14:34

Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:35
Hornet108 wrote:

in theory this will work. New ships should be built with correct loadouts., but i have no idea what other consequences can be after such operation
Gona give it a go, see what happens. Will leave it on for a few hours and come back.

If I get more creative, I might look at writing a script to re-load the ships loadouts, IE, just give them all random weapons / engines / sheilds / thrusters?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 17:42

Rastuasi wrote:
Wed, 9. Sep 20, 06:02
Shuulo,

Hm, i dont see what can be causing this, will investigate further

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Tue, 15. Sep 20, 21:34

Hornet108 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 14:34
Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:35
Hornet108 wrote:

Gona give it a go, see what happens. Will leave it on for a few hours and come back.

If I get more creative, I might look at writing a script to re-load the ships loadouts, IE, just give them all random weapons / engines / sheilds / thrusters?

I went with this, hacky but it worked

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<mdscript name="IWanaPlayVRO" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="md.xsd">
    <cues>
        <cue name="Init">
            <actions>
                <set_value name="$run" exact="1" />
            </actions>
            <cues>
                <cue name="IWanaPlayVRO" instantiate="true" checkinterval="1min" checktime="player.age + 2min">
                    <actions>
                        <do_if value="$run">
                        <find_ship name="$Ship" space="player.galaxy" multiple="true"></find_ship>                        
                        <do_for_each in="$Ship">
                            <debug_to_file text="'%s %s'.[loop.element.knownname, loop.element.job, loop.element]" name="'jobsprint.txt'" directory="'IWanaPlayVRO'" />
                            <generate_loadout result="$loadout" macro="loop.element.macro" level="0.5" />
                            <apply_loadout loadout="$loadout" object="loop.element" />
                        </do_for_each>

<find_station space="player.galaxy" multiple="true" name="$station"></find_station>

<do_for_each in="$station">
                            <debug_to_file text="'%s %s'.[loop.element.knownname, loop.element.job, loop.element]" name="'jobsprint.txt'" directory="'IWanaPlayVRO'" />
                            <generate_loadout result="$loadout" macro="loop.element.macro" level="0.5" />
                            <apply_loadout loadout="$loadout" object="loop.element" />
                        </do_for_each>

<set_value name="$run" exact="0" />
                    </do_if>
                        <cancel_cue cue="IWanaPlayVRO" />
                    </actions>
                </cue>
            </cues>
        </cue>
    </cues>
</mdscript>

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 22:24

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 17:42
Rastuasi wrote:
Wed, 9. Sep 20, 06:02
Shuulo,

Hm, i dont see what can be causing this, will investigate further
I have confirmed the ship flickering happens with another player on windows, so it's not OS specific. He's going to try to replicate it on stream at some point, so that I can clip it for you.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”