[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 15:27

020779 wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 14:59
A few days ago I had some update of the game, after which when using the mod, in a few minutes, i got freeze of game.

I'm not sure if this is specifically related to the update or if it's a conflict with another mod. However, when i disable mod, problem disappears.

if you have time to check whether an update is required for the mod, thanks in advance
hm, i dont have such problem at all, was playing just fine after b7
Are you using 2.0 version? (if not then you should) You said you disabled it, like, in ongoing save? its impossible to do with 2.0 version
When did you download last version form github?
Are you in Windows or Linux?

Anyone have same issue?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 15:50

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 5. Mar 20, 15:27
Anyone have same issue?
I'll check tonight/tomorrow, I know on Linux, playing with 3.0 b6 I wasn't getting freezes while in the middle of paranid - HOP war. I've not played since 7 came out.

x4

Post by 020779 » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 16:46

Shuulo wrote:
Are you using 2.0 version? (if not then you should) You said you disabled it, like, in ongoing save? its impossible to do with 2.0 version
its 2.0 (disabled - i mean, i have just del. folder with mod and started new game)
Shuulo wrote:
Yesterday, i just did git clone https://github.com/Shuul/VRO.git
Shuulo wrote:
it's windows 10 v.1903

mods used with:
Spoiler
Show
  • nopileosfortune
    TDM
    Player Owned Warehouses
    egosoft orange cursor
    fbl
    faction_fix_pack faction_fix_pack_catchup faction_fix_pack_econ_ai
    faction_fix_pack_econ_bal
    random supply
    randommine
    random trader
    alexalsp_open_map_x4
    axespimpmypaintjobs
    better_kill credit
    stationmule
    escape teleport
    fbb
    hq_02

Shuulo
    x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 17:03

020779 wrote:
    Thu, 5. Mar 20, 16:46

mods used with:
    hm, not sure really, I am also not familiar with all the mods you have installed, but i did not change anything in last week or so, so it must be beta 7. When your game freezes is it also new game or old save? Did you use VRO before without problem?

Ragemaster9999
    x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Thu, 5. Mar 20, 17:52

Playing beta 7 with vro and focw and few other mods. Havnt had any problem or notice any issues aside from being new bugs introduced with b7.

rosssack
    x4

Post by rosssack » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 19:57

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
    Thu, 5. Mar 20, 17:52
    Playing beta 7 with vro and focw and few other mods. Havnt had any problem or notice any issues aside from being new bugs introduced with b7.
    as above no problems

Rastuasi
    x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 6. Mar 20, 23:31

Ran a 30 minute test in crowded space with no issues. Unfortunately no one was fighting so I need to test still with gun fire

x4

Post by 020779 » Sat, 7. Mar 20, 16:09

Shuulo wrote:
    Thu, 5. Mar 20, 17:03
    hm, not sure really, I am also not familiar with all the mods you have installed, but i did not change anything in last week or so, so it must be beta 7. When your game freezes is it also new game or old save? Did you use VRO before without problem?
    I tested it on new game, and it goes well, no problems after few hours.

Problem was on old save.

i have used VRO before without problem.

Thanks for help

Shuulo
    x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 8. Mar 20, 11:21

Good to hear it's resolved and thanks everyone for answers

Ragemaster9999
    x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 07:00

Shuulo wrote:
    Sun, 8. Mar 20, 11:21
    Good to hear it's resolved and thanks everyone for answers

Medium turrets seem really underpowered in 3.0 b7 with vro. Flak in particular is borderline useless. Had best luck with ciws and cyclone I think it's called? The turret that shoots red pulse laser that Is super fast projectile but low dmg.

Also is there anything that can be done to help the horrible ai when it is flying an argon behemoth? I notice it just spins around in circles aimlessly shooting its ppc turrets and never gets to use its main guns. It has problems trying to reposition in vanilla so maybe outside mod scope but figured I'd ask.

Shuulo
    x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 10:12

Ragemaster9999 wrote:
    Wed, 11. Mar 20, 07:00
    Medium turrets seem really underpowered in 3.0 b7 with vro. Flak in particular is borderline useless. Had best luck with ciws and cyclone I think it's called? The turret that shoots red pulse laser that Is super fast projectile but low dmg.

Also is there anything that can be done to help the horrible ai when it is flying an argon behemoth? I notice it just spins around in circles aimlessly shooting its ppc turrets and never gets to use its main guns. It has problems trying to reposition in vanilla so maybe outside mod scope but figured I'd ask.
    M turrets usually have avarage DPS between S and M weapons, so I fel they are in good place. M flak will be updated a bit to hit more reliably.
    As for behemoth circling, its heavily dependent on pilot morale, and its out of scope of the mod. I believe Mysterials faction fix makes it a bit better but im not totally sure, need to check.

Misunderstood Wookie
    x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Wed, 11. Mar 20, 12:02

020779 wrote:
    Thu, 5. Mar 20, 16:46
    Shuulo wrote:
    its 2.0 (disabled - i mean, i have just del. folder with mod and started new game)
    Shuulo wrote:
    Yesterday, i just did git clone https://github.com/Shuul/VRO.git
    Shuulo wrote:
    it's windows 10 v.1903

mods used with:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • nopileosfortune
      TDM
      Player Owned Warehouses
      egosoft orange cursor
      fbl
      faction_fix_pack faction_fix_pack_catchup faction_fix_pack_econ_ai
      random supply
      randommine
      random trader
      alexalsp_open_map_x4
      axespimpmypaintjobs
      better_kill credit
      stationmule
      escape teleport
      fbb
      hq_02
      Make you update faction_fix_pack faction_fix_pack_catchup faction_fix_pack_econ_ai

To the download in Page 19 for Beta 3.0 B6 earlier version may cause freeze
      *modified*
      *X3 LiteCube User*
      MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
      MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
      I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Drewgamer
      x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 15:21

Hey Shuulo, first off wanted to say thanks for your work on this.

Small "bug":
      Paranid Combat mk1 engines are straight worse than Paranid All-round mk 1 engines. Looks like you swapped the Speed/Acceleration/Boost Speed values of the two?
      Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Shuulo
      x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 18. Mar 20, 15:38

Drewgamer wrote:
      Wed, 18. Mar 20, 15:21
      Hey Shuulo, first off wanted to say thanks for your work on this.

Small "bug":
      Paranid Combat mk1 engines are straight worse than Paranid All-round mk 1 engines. Looks like you swapped the Speed/Acceleration/Boost Speed values of the two?
      Yeah, seems to be the case, fixed for release version

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Sat, 28. Mar 20, 03:20

I cant even get in range of xenon capitals without getting blasted in this mod

Considering xenon attacks with 3 Ks and 1 I, those thing cleaned a whole army of 10+ Ls, a bunch of M's and S's. They melt anything in seconds ;S

I literally got melted by xenon I from 20km. Since I am playing with nemesis, i am not nimble enough to dodge the infinite array of pretty fast projectiles, especially that OP beam.

Maybe im doing something wrong though so i will continue to experiment with weapons.

Shuulo
      x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 30. Mar 20, 01:39

Warnoise wrote:
      Sat, 28. Mar 20, 03:20

Considering xenon attacks with 3 Ks and 1 I, those thing cleaned a whole army of 10+ Ls, a bunch of M's and S's. They melt anything in seconds ;S

I literally got melted by xenon I from 20km. Since I am playing with nemesis, i am not nimble enough to dodge the infinite array of pretty fast projectiles, especially that OP beam.

Maybe im doing something wrong though so i will continue to experiment with weapons.
      Are you on 2.0 VRO taken from github? and not 1.96 version from steam/nexus? Xenons in 1.96 are a bit OP

Xenon I is kind of boss ship. The real secret to taking down I and Ks in VRO is a fleet of small ships (id say around 30-40 vs I to distract and kill turrets, and only then add some firepower with L ships). Also, M ships like nemesis are very powerful really but only with support (though nemesis is paper thin). Remember, there is no "best player ship" in game, so you as player is not so powerful anymore, rely on allies and fleet support more. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE DOWN K or I in one m ship as in vanilla. Factions will eventually gather enough fleet to take down an I, or if it will get close to stations they usually take him down as well. I hope you are playing with latest faction enhancer, it makes factions more clever in situations like this.
      Be afraid of I, never approach it without substantial forces.
      VRO in general requires different approach to warfare, try to forget what you learned in vanilla and find a suitable strategy , this is really point of VRO, to make things more engaging and not just spam 20 Nemesis and they kill everything.
      (tip: gunships like Peregrine posses powerful plasma bombs that go through shields and can take down turrets in few hits, try to fly it personally against Ks and Is. If you prefer PAR ships, try M Rail Cannons or Rail repeaters to stay away from main guns as much as possible)

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 15:45

Shuulo wrote:
      Mon, 30. Mar 20, 01:39
      Warnoise wrote:

Are you on 2.0 VRO taken from github? and not 1.96 version from steam/nexus? Xenons in 1.96 are a bit OP

Xenon I is kind of boss ship. The real secret to taking down I and Ks in VRO is a fleet of small ships (id say around 30-40 vs I to distract and kill turrets, and only then add some firepower with L ships). Also, M ships like nemesis are very powerful really but only with support (though nemesis is paper thin). Remember, there is no "best player ship" in game, so you as player is not so powerful anymore, rely on allies and fleet support more. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE DOWN K or I in one m ship as in vanilla. Factions will eventually gather enough fleet to take down an I, or if it will get close to stations they usually take him down as well. I hope you are playing with latest faction enhancer, it makes factions more clever in situations like this.
      VRO in general requires different approach to warfare, try to forget what you learned in vanilla and find a suitable strategy , this is really point of VRO, to make things more engaging and not just spam 20 Nemesis and they kill everything.
      (tip: gunships like Peregrine posses powerful plasma bombs that go through shields and can take down turrets in few hits, try to fly it personally against Ks and Is. If you prefer PAR ships, try M Rail Cannons or Rail repeaters to stay away from main guns as much as possible)

I am using the github version. My issue here is that small ships are doing a bad job at killing turrets. They rarely target them so they just end up hitting the main body. In the end i simply run away from xenon I because even whhen distracted whenever i hit it, it kinda focuses on me and blasts me away in seconds. I think this is issue with AI being useless at targeting surface elements than the mod though

Shuulo
      x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 16:42

Warnoise wrote:
      Tue, 31. Mar 20, 15:45
      Shuulo wrote:
      Mon, 30. Mar 20, 01:39
      Warnoise wrote:

I am using the github version. My issue here is that small ships are doing a bad job at killing turrets. They rarely target them so they just end up hitting the main body. In the end i simply run away from xenon I because even whhen distracted whenever i hit it, it kinda focuses on me and blasts me away in seconds. I think this is issue with AI being useless at targeting surface elements than the mod though
      Still I successfully kill I with 5 destroyers and a small fleet of fighters, maybe weapon choice is not the best, try to equip destoyers with something long range, cruise missiles and heavy lances for example.
      Cruise missiles can obliterate surface elements. You can also try fighters with torpedo/gudided and load some medium missiles/torpedoes. But dont forget to equip at least one normal weapon, as there is an AI issue that fighters only with launchers tend to not shoot often.

Shuulo
      x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 17:09

@ALL, DO NOT LOAD AND SAVE YOUR pre-DLC SAVES UNTIL VRO IS UPDATED. Or split ships will be screwed with not internal shields and no weapons on fighters/corvettes.

SWAT400
      xr

Post by SWAT400 » Tue, 31. Mar 20, 17:49

Can i use the current VRO 2.0 form github to start a NEW game (Split Vendetta Start)? Or should i wait?

NVM, it seems VRO on github is updated as it says "2.0 FUll RELEASE" - 6 minutes ago :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”