[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Falcrack
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.0

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 18:10

I did the first tutorial (basic flight) with the VRO mod installed. When asked to shoot down a cargo drone with a missile, I noticed that the ship I was on had no missiles, and I could not proceed past that point. Could this be related to the VRO mod?

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 18:18

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 18:10
I did the first tutorial (basic flight) with the VRO mod installed. When asked to shoot down a cargo drone with a missile, I noticed that the ship I was on had no missiles, and I could not proceed past that point. Could this be related to the VRO mod?
Most likely as VRO replaces all the missiles. I’d turn off VRO to complete the tutorials and then re enable when you start a game proper

rihsc102
x3ap

Post by rihsc102 » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:17

Looking to get back into X4 after giving up on it previously. I played vanilla but this time I will go with mods because after the amount of hours I played LU, vanilla just felt boring and aimless. In the description it says "Xenons may be more of a threat now, so, if you are very unlucky and factions fail to oppose them, they can really take of over the universe, if given enough time, i suggest to monitor the situation in galaxy more closely then in vanilla and try to help factions if needed."

How much of a threat are they? Are they likely to take over the universe if left alone? Or is it only if you are "very unlucky"?

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:20

Loving the mod and just had a few questions. Combat seems much more dangerous now - a few Ms can easily take out a corvette. Do you just need to have a fleet? I haven’t experimented with fleet commands yet and not sure if they are any good. Since I am early game still, I can’t really afford to be losing ships every fight. That means I really can’t do much combat, because it feels like you need to have overwhelming power or you’ll get wiped out fast.

I would like to be able to supplement my income with boarding, but it feels harder than before. You can’t really just sit in the blind spot with a corvette any more because you’ll get shredded on approach. What is your strategy when you board ships? I don’t think there is an attack shields command that one can use, so I’d welcome any feedback!
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:00

rihsc102 wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:17
Looking to get back into X4 after giving up on it previously. I played vanilla but this time I will go with mods because after the amount of hours I played LU, vanilla just felt boring and aimless. In the description it says "Xenons may be more of a threat now, so, if you are very unlucky and factions fail to oppose them, they can really take of over the universe, if given enough time, i suggest to monitor the situation in galaxy more closely then in vanilla and try to help factions if needed."

How much of a threat are they? Are they likely to take over the universe if left alone? Or is it only if you are "very unlucky"?
Depends what other mods you have. Factions should be a bit better with Faction Enhancer. Xenons will usually take adjacent sectors overtime, but it takes long time, sometimes factions push back quite hard taking Xenons over. Really depends on luck :)

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:03

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:20
Loving the mod and just had a few questions. Combat seems much more dangerous now - a few Ms can easily take out a corvette. Do you just need to have a fleet? I haven’t experimented with fleet commands yet and not sure if they are any good. Since I am early game still, I can’t really afford to be losing ships every fight. That means I really can’t do much combat, because it feels like you need to have overwhelming power or you’ll get wiped out fast.

I would like to be able to supplement my income with boarding, but it feels harder than before. You can’t really just sit in the blind spot with a corvette any more because you’ll get shredded on approach. What is your strategy when you board ships? I don’t think there is an attack shields command that one can use, so I’d welcome any feedback!
By Corvette what ship you mean? If Nemesis - this is expected as its paper thin. M ships are DPS dealers, whiles S ships distract other S ships, i tried to make combat more like Combined Arms thing, and not just "use Nemesis". So early game may be a bit harder, go into battle either with your own wing of whips or help other faction fleets.
I usually use gunships for boarding as they have plasma bombs special weapon that has additional damage vs components and ignores shields completely.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:55

You may be aware of this already (or it may be intended), but the SPL CIWS has a rotation of 190*/s.

here is a screenshot showing the weapon in question

EDIT: To expand, the ARG CIWS has a rotation of 299*/s which makes a bit more sense for something intended as anti-fighter. Also, the description mentions it was made by the Argon instead of the Split :P
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 02:43

Drewgamer wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:55
You may be aware of this already (or it may be intended), but the SPL CIWS has a rotation of 190*/s.

here is a screenshot showing the weapon in question

EDIT: To expand, the ARG CIWS has a rotation of 299*/s which makes a bit more sense for something intended as anti-fighter. Also, the description mentions it was made by the Argon instead of the Split :P
Fixed in next version. As for description, its for weapon in general, not this specific turret, as all races use the same weapon.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 22:40

Haven't played much Vanilla X4 but was a longtime X3 player with overhauls like XRM/LU etc.

just wanted to say.. wow. This mod is amazing... completely changed X4 for me and I am loving the new balance / feel of ships, reworked speeds and general archetypes added/balanced to.

Thank you :)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:22

Does anyone have any suggestions for weapon combinations? Looking to cap some larger ships and would like to know where to start with VRO.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:30

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 02:43
Fixed in next version. As for description, its for weapon in general, not this specific turret, as all races use the same weapon.
Awesome! Love all the hard work you do on this :)

On another note, have you ever considered removing "reload" on weapons (and re-balancing accordingly obviously)?
The periodic "pause/lag" every few shots was one of the more annoying this to me with X4 combat.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:34

Drewgamer wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:30
Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 02:43

On another note, have you ever considered removing "reload" on weapons (and re-balancing accordingly obviously)?
The periodic "pause/lag" every few shots was one of the more annoying this to me with X4 combat.
We had X3 like this, and this is not the best thing, behavior of weapons becomes too similar, there are a lot of other issues with that, as with "ammo in clip" thing i can control damage per second when "on target", better control and diversify heat for weapons, make weapons feel different etc. SO no, i will never do that.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 02:54

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:34
Drewgamer wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 23:30

We had X3 like this, and this is not the best thing, behavior of weapons becomes too similar, there are a lot of other issues with that, as with "ammo in clip" thing i can control damage per second when "on target", better control and diversify heat for weapons, make weapons feel different etc. SO no, i will never do that.
No worries, perhaps it's just something I need to get used to :wink:

Discing
x4

Post by Discing » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 15:53

I have encountered the station duplication issue with VRO and faction enhancement mods, as I was looking in the logs as suggested in a different forum topic I found a series of the following:

[General] 46.79 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 46.79 Error in default context: ShipGenerator: No ship generated using group/ref/macro null
[=ERROR=] 46.79 [JobEngine] No ship generated for JobID: 'teladi_water_trader_l'. Probably invalid ship macro/group/ref definition.
[=ERROR=] 46.79 Error in default context: ShipGenerator: No ship generated using group/ref/macro null
[=ERROR=] 46.79 [JobEngine] No ship generated for JobID: 'teladi_equipment_trader_l'. Probably invalid ship macro/group/ref definition.

There were several more, but they seem to only come up for some of the teladi macros when I start a new game. I assume this is related to mods adjusting the macros and was wondering if this might be expected?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 16:40

This is not related to VRO as nothing is changed in this regards, VRO does not create new stations etc. Please report the issue to Faction Enhancer forum thread.

Discing
x4

Post by Discing » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 17:03

Thanks for the reply, posted something in the other thread.

Berkys
x4

Post by Berkys » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 22:21

Im experiencing Station duplication, probably even ship duplicating (dozen of destroyers fighting). But I do not play with Faction Enhancer. Are you interested in saved game?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 23:16

Berkys wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 22:21
Im experiencing Station duplication, probably even ship duplicating (dozen of destroyers fighting). But I do not play with Faction Enhancer. Are you interested in saved game?
This should not be the case. Yes, provide savegame and list of mods or screenshot of your extensions folder.

Berkys
x4

Post by Berkys » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 09:24

Saved game

Mods:
No Fog
Better kill credit
Better target Monitor
SirNukes Mod support API
Secret Stash
VRO

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 13:12

Berkys wrote:
Mon, 6. Apr 20, 09:24
Saved game

Mods:
No Fog
Better kill credit
Better target Monitor
SirNukes Mod support API
Secret Stash
VRO
I loaded your game but the bug is not there, no duplicate stations/ships. Duplicate issue is clearly seen by the "unique" stations, like warfs and shipyards, when issue is present there should be more then one warf in sector for example, in your case it didnt happen. Where did you experience it?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”