[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 22:19

Guys, I really need your feedback on the balance part, I feel I overdid it with L weapons damage a bit.

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 25. Mar 19, 22:58

rosssack wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 02:13
so this wont work with focw mod
tried - works with FOCW, totally replaces all his balance changes, nothing should conflict.

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 02:43

I haven't gotten too far, but overall it's not at all a bad bunch of changes. I've noticed that the AI doesn't do all that well with the new cruise speeds, but it pretty much seems to boil down to that they are much closer to stations than they normally would be when they shut it off (which isn't a bad thing at all). My only real complaint is that the pea shooter you start with seems to be much crappier than it was before, but that may be because the auto-aim is having a difficult time hitting anything with it. I haven't yet tried any of the heavier weapons.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 09:34

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 22:19
Guys, I really need your feedback on the balance part, I feel I overdid it with L weapons damage a bit.
Can we test it with existing games? I started a game with 2.0 using nearly all the ship mods available :D

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 09:56

XTC0R wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 09:34
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 22:19
Can we test it with existing games? I started a game with 2.0 using nearly all the ship mods available :D
I am totally not sure how it will go, but you can test and let me know ))
As for ship mods - ship will have vanilla balance, there needs to be a patch created for every such mod to play nice.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 10:30

Ok tested a bit with my Nemesis.

I have 4 autocannons and 2 beamer turrets.

autocannons vs Xenon M: No chance to hit it. Also they are heating up very quickly. But I like the sound.

My beamer turrets did not shot with "Attack my enemy order" only with "attack all". But they easily killed the Xenon M.

Will do further testing.

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 10:55

I think the autocannon deals to much damage and is firing too slow.

Usually a dog fight with a Xenon P is a bit of a small challenge if the AI has a good day. But now the P is just instant dead when flying directly to my Nemesis. The 4 autocannons just need 1-2 bursts to kill it.

Maybe less damage but a higher frequency? The name autocannon for me suggest some rapid fire.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 11:12

XTC0R wrote:
Tue, 26. Mar 19, 10:55
I think the autocannon deals to much damage and is firing too slow.

Usually a dog fight with a Xenon P is a bit of a small challenge if the AI has a good day. But now the P is just instant dead when flying directly to my Nemesis. The 4 autocannons just need 1-2 bursts to kill it.

Maybe less damage but a higher frequency? The name autocannon for me suggest some rapid fire.
Reapers are really meant to fight cap ships, that's why you are not able to fight smaller ships with them effectively and that's why they are powerful.
But it just happens that P is big and a bit weak. I will consider making reapers a tiny bit weaker and P a bit more robust

captainradish
x4

Post by captainradish » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 12:21

There is a weapon that sounds almost exactly like water running through a PVC pipe. I'm curious which one it is.

Also, I think it may do you good to write a guide for what the weapons are intended for.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 12:48

This mod is a testament to what vanilla X4 is missing. Partly, of course. But it gives us hope that X4 can be modified to be on par with the previous titles.
Keep up the good work.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 26. Mar 19, 22:21

1.2 (all changes are save compatible/FOCW compatible)
- All weapon names were updated
- changes to prices of destroyers and carriers - they cost more as they are more beefy and harder to take down by a fleet of smaller ships.
- slightly improved Destroyers handling, as this was a bit overdone, especially for Teladies
- light increase in dps of Blaster, chain gun, CIWS and Scatter turret. Slight decrease in dps of Reaper Cannon. Increase slightly HP of Xenon P
- slightly changed loadout rules to force some weapons to appear more on top NPC fleets, as in vanilla they used only beams as this was top of the line gun.
- updated graphics of Blaster and Burst cannon to red.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 14:53

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 01:38
Patch notes
1.2 (all changes are save compatible/FOCW compatible)
- All weapon names were updated
- changes to prices of destroyers and carriers - they cost more as they are more beefy and harder to take down by a fleet of smaller ships.
- slightly improved Destroyers handling, as this was a bit overdone, especially for Teladies
- light increase in dps of Blaster, chain gun, CIWS and Scatter turret. Slight decrease in dps of Reaper Cannon. Increase slightly HP of Xenon P
- slightly changed loadout rules to force some weapons to appear more on top NPC fleets, as in vanilla they used only beams as this was top of the line gun.
- updated graphics of Blaster and Burst cannon to red.

- rebalanced engine HP
- a bit decrease in M and L turrets damage as they were OP
- all M turrests are now integrated and cannot be destroyed, this is to counter vanilla bug that leads to destruction of all turrets in OOS making capital ships useless and die to fighters easily in OOS. Engines, Shields and L weapons can still be destroyed.
- changed some impact effects of plasma and pulse guns

1.0.2 - removed debug script to spawn fleets on new game start
1.0.1 - fixes to ship dock capacities of L and XL ships
1.1 all m turrets now cannot be destroyed will this still allow boarding ????

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 15:00

can you maybe make a separate little mod to make M turrets integrated?
you dont have a loose files mod so I cant edit it out
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 27. Mar 19, 18:25

rosssack wrote:
Wed, 27. Mar 19, 14:53

1.1 all m turrets now cannot be destroyed will this still allow boarding ????
It will be more difficult but possible. From my perspective boarding was too easy and without rep loss basically a cheat.
Now you have to take risks, take few boarding crafts with you, have some distraction fighters for target to shoot at and you will be just fine.
Also, as destroyers and carriers are more expensive they are quite lucrutive targets now.

Edit: Though if it will be toooo impossible, please test and let me know, I will thinkl to revert this back again. But still, this was changed to make capitals viable at all, as in OOS combat they loose all turrets in first seconds of combat and they are pretty much just floating hull, so yeah, this change is quite important as you understand.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Fri, 29. Mar 19, 08:04

Shuulo wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 19, 00:50
Mod is now on STEAM
nice, thanks!
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

XTC0R
x4

Post by XTC0R » Fri, 29. Mar 19, 09:42

Shuulo wrote:
Mod is now on STEAM
Did you buy an other copy on steam to be able to publish your mod or did you found an other solution?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 29. Mar 19, 10:59

XTC0R wrote:
Fri, 29. Mar 19, 09:42
Shuulo wrote:
Mod is now on STEAM
Did you buy an other copy on steam to be able to publish your mod or did you found an other solution?
Just bought one. So I now have two collectors edition :)
Anyway, GOG version is bad with betas, I cannot launch a game in beta some times as GOG breaker install directory if I use mods in parallel.

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Sat, 30. Mar 19, 10:39

Started a new game with this and had a peek into company regard.

Xenon sent a bunch of Ks through the gate and a huge pile of fighters, utterly obliterated the gate guard in about 2 minutes, and then went after the nearest station. The station fought back and managed to shoot some of them big blue beams at the Ks to knock a couple out but took a lot of damage itself in the process.

Fights seem hilariously lethal, but the extended ranges and sounds and variety of weapons definitely makes them a lot more cinematic and cool to look at. I don't know if I'd want to actually get involved in one, but they're definitely better than my usual experience of watching a K wiggle around out of range of a station. The extended ranges work really well and the guns have cool sounds and really distinct effects which I like.

https://i.imgur.com/GJGjjsD.jpg

Definitely think this style of weapon variety is how the game should work. Much more compelling than the base game's offerings.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”