[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:35

Hornet108 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:13
What exactly happens if you activate mid game? Existing ships are a mess, but will they be fixed over time as they die and respawn with the new weapons?

Im thinking I can add this to my save, then write a script to rinse every ship in the game, but then keep the shipyards fully stocked for maybe 3 hours to rebuild?
in theory this will work. New ships should be built with correct loadouts., but i have no idea what other consequences can be after such operation

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 14:34

Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:35
Hornet108 wrote:
What exactly happens if you activate mid game? Existing ships are a mess, but will they be fixed over time as they die and respawn with the new weapons?

Im thinking I can add this to my save, then write a script to rinse every ship in the game, but then keep the shipyards fully stocked for maybe 3 hours to rebuild?
in theory this will work. New ships should be built with correct loadouts., but i have no idea what other consequences can be after such operation
Gona give it a go, see what happens. Will leave it on for a few hours and come back.

If I get more creative, I might look at writing a script to re-load the ships loadouts, IE, just give them all random weapons / engines / sheilds / thrusters?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 14. Sep 20, 17:42

Rastuasi wrote:
Wed, 9. Sep 20, 06:02
Shuulo,

Hm, i dont see what can be causing this, will investigate further

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Tue, 15. Sep 20, 21:34

Hornet108 wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 14:34
Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 13. Sep 20, 12:35
Hornet108 wrote:

Gona give it a go, see what happens. Will leave it on for a few hours and come back.

If I get more creative, I might look at writing a script to re-load the ships loadouts, IE, just give them all random weapons / engines / sheilds / thrusters?

I went with this, hacky but it worked

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<mdscript name="IWanaPlayVRO" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="md.xsd">
    <cues>
        <cue name="Init">
            <actions>
                <set_value name="$run" exact="1" />
            </actions>
            <cues>
                <cue name="IWanaPlayVRO" instantiate="true" checkinterval="1min" checktime="player.age + 2min">
                    <actions>
                        <do_if value="$run">
                        <find_ship name="$Ship" space="player.galaxy" multiple="true"></find_ship>                        
                        <do_for_each in="$Ship">
                            <debug_to_file text="'%s %s'.[loop.element.knownname, loop.element.job, loop.element]" name="'jobsprint.txt'" directory="'IWanaPlayVRO'" />
                            <generate_loadout result="$loadout" macro="loop.element.macro" level="0.5" />
                            <apply_loadout loadout="$loadout" object="loop.element" />
                        </do_for_each>

<find_station space="player.galaxy" multiple="true" name="$station"></find_station>

<do_for_each in="$station">
                            <debug_to_file text="'%s %s'.[loop.element.knownname, loop.element.job, loop.element]" name="'jobsprint.txt'" directory="'IWanaPlayVRO'" />
                            <generate_loadout result="$loadout" macro="loop.element.macro" level="0.5" />
                            <apply_loadout loadout="$loadout" object="loop.element" />
                        </do_for_each>

<set_value name="$run" exact="0" />
                    </do_if>
                        <cancel_cue cue="IWanaPlayVRO" />
                    </actions>
                </cue>
            </cues>
        </cue>
    </cues>
</mdscript>

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 16. Sep 20, 22:24

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 14. Sep 20, 17:42
Rastuasi wrote:
Wed, 9. Sep 20, 06:02
Shuulo,

Hm, i dont see what can be causing this, will investigate further
I have confirmed the ship flickering happens with another player on windows, so it's not OS specific. He's going to try to replicate it on stream at some point, so that I can clip it for you.

CaptainHood
x4

Post by CaptainHood » Sun, 20. Sep 20, 23:54

A quick question.
The Flak of FRF Split for M Ships, is it normal that it has no graphical effect on hull impact?

SMoOoVEeR
x4

Post by SMoOoVEeR » Mon, 21. Sep 20, 10:36

I had a weird issue with Xenon M Cutting Beam yesterday, in Wiki Damage values are there, however all 3 turrets did 0 damage to shield/hull to my Nemesis

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Thu, 24. Sep 20, 14:13

Hi! I'm sooo sorry, if this was already answered, but is there any list of ships from the mod, that is external from game? Or is it possible to at least get the raw data and work on presenting them? I'd be happy to help with that, if only I find some time to do so.
“A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.”

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Thu, 24. Sep 20, 14:45

QUESTION: What is a good gun against surface elements/turrets in a fighter or a corvette?

This mod has WAAAY too many guns.

I'm trying to capture ships but most guns barely do any damage OR they destroy the ship before the turrets are dead...

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 01:59

Irrehaare wrote:
Thu, 24. Sep 20, 14:13
Hi! I'm sooo sorry, if this was already answered, but is there any list of ships from the mod, that is external from game? Or is it possible to at least get the raw data and work on presenting them? I'd be happy to help with that, if only I find some time to do so.
Yep, check out the wiki

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 10:44

swatti wrote:
Thu, 24. Sep 20, 14:45
QUESTION: What is a good gun against surface elements/turrets in a fighter or a corvette?

This mod has WAAAY too many guns.

I'm trying to capture ships but most guns barely do any damage OR they destroy the ship before the turrets are dead...
burst lasers, Heavy Mortars, any plasma weapon
especially any weapon with plasma in its name, they have bonus damage vs components
SMoOoVEeR wrote:
Mon, 21. Sep 20, 10:36
I had a weird issue with Xenon M Cutting Beam yesterday, in Wiki Damage values are there, however all 3 turrets did 0 damage to shield/hull to my Nemesis
Hmm, it seems to be fine on my side, if it was a single or two guns its possible that they were not able to negate your shield regen, they are mostly anti-fighter precision weapons.
CaptainHood wrote:
Sun, 20. Sep 20, 23:54
A quick question.
The Flak of FRF Split for M Ships, is it normal that it has no graphical effect on hull impact?
Will take a look, thanks. EDIT: hm, actually it was not changed from vanilla, maybe ill report it to tech forum

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 15:38

Plasma guns have slow projectiles, if the ship is moving they just destroy the ship because they miss the turrets. Tried.

EDIT: This is by using AI to board... Aka: Give boarding ship-x some subordinates, call for a boarding op, the AI targets surface elements... However, they rarely even use most weapons against a target.

EDIT2: Second issue. Trying to board a hostile "plunderer" ship. It tries to attack me. Then spams laser satellites, when i destroy the sats, i lose reputation.
"Workaround" suggestion: No rep loss for destroying ANY satellite, friend or not.

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 17:00

Rastuasi wrote:
Fri, 25. Sep 20, 01:59
Irrehaare wrote:
Yep, check out the wiki
On wiki I've only found:
Summary of changes is below. Stats for all ships are not listed as as those change overtime in the mod due to constant balancing.
Well, I guess that anwers it...

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 19:36

Irrehaare wrote:
Fri, 25. Sep 20, 17:00
Rastuasi wrote:
Irrehaare wrote:
Yep, check out the wiki
On wiki I've only found:
Summary of changes is below. Stats for all ships are not listed as as those change overtime in the mod due to constant balancing.
I didnt change them in quite some time now, but its just double work for me to give those stats in wiki. Sheet for weapons is used for balance with formulas so its easier to maintain.
If you will want to create and external list, be my guest :)

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 20:39

Odd behaviour... When AI is trying to attack turrets, they suddenly just stop. They run around but dont fire on the boarding-target.

Is this VRO issue or...? I cant remember seeing this happen in vanilla.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 22:38

swatti wrote:
Fri, 25. Sep 20, 20:39
Odd behaviour... When AI is trying to attack turrets, they suddenly just stop. They run around but dont fire on the boarding-target.

Is this VRO issue or...? I cant remember seeing this happen in vanilla.
never saw this to happen
the only occasion this happened is when attacking ship had only missiles, Ego tried to fix it in few patches back but it still happens from time to time

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 25. Sep 20, 22:53

Patch 2.3.3
Noticeable changes
- Beam Weapon rebalance: they are now are a bit better against hull, but have lower damage then previously vs shielded targets (Argon Ion Projector is still anti-shield weapon and Teladi Positron Beam still has equal damage to shield and hull).
This is done to make them more interesting and give a small penalty for their precision and overall reliability.
- Xenon U gets its own icon
- Decreased number of Hounds to make them more rare
- Decrease AOE effect range of some missiles to make stripping turrets less trivial.

Fixes
- Fixed Hound wreck geometry
- Cleaned Hound and U asset files to remove debug errors (had no impact on game)
- Fixed sound of Lancer
- Fixed Tomahawk missile having small explosion visuals

Misc
- Split DLC is not required (egosoft fixed dependency issues)
- Added recommended mods as optional dependencies.

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 03:20

Irrehaare wrote:
Fri, 25. Sep 20, 17:00
Rastuasi wrote:
Irrehaare wrote:
Yep, check out the wiki
On wiki I've only found:
Try this, there's a drop down on his wiki that shows all the new ships at the bottom, just as I mentioned.

https://sites.google.com/view/vrowiki/ships-changes

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 10:14

REQUEST: More pirates. End-game capture opportunities.

Maybe introduce an entirely new faction, just "pirate" that randomly pillages transports and sells the loot to SCA or something. Faction you can just go shoot at without penalties.
Aaaaand with a bit of a bonus. Can rare-spawn with nearly ANY ship, other than Xenon. Any model. Meaning there will be capture-targets of more rare ships in the universe.

I want big ships, but i dont want to grind days for money and reputation... Capturing stuff on the other hand...

Irrehaare
x3ap

Post by Irrehaare » Sat, 26. Sep 20, 16:04

Rastuasi wrote:
Sat, 26. Sep 20, 03:20

Try this, there's a drop down on his wiki that shows all the new ships at the bottom, just as I mentioned.

https://sites.google.com/view/vrowiki/ships-changes
Ahh you've misunderstood me. I've been looking for like a detailed list with all of the stats. But thanks for your help nonetheless!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”