[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Neloth23
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO)

Post by Neloth23 » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 23:23

Amazing job!

The descriptions are exactly what was needed IMO.

Keep up the good work!

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 5. Apr 19, 07:04

Shuulo wrote:
Thu, 4. Apr 19, 21:44
Version 1.4:
New: all weapons now have very brief in-flaff description.
New: Faction Battleships mod now integrated, you will be able to buy new battleships, Ai will use them as well to patrol sectors.

- made a small balance pass on all weapons, shotguns have more damage, ion wepaons have more shield damage, Xenon beam weapon has slight increase in damage output
- updated some impact graphic effects of small weapons and their sounds
- buffed M shields a bit
- some polishing and bug fixing
Outstanding! :D
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

rosssack
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul

Post by rosssack » Fri, 5. Apr 19, 14:59

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 22:58
rosssack wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 02:13
so this wont work with focw mod
tried - works with FOCW, totally replaces all his balance changes, nothing should conflict.
hi nice it,s great to see different weapon types in game

Chris0132
xr

Post by Chris0132 » Fri, 5. Apr 19, 15:13

Shuulo wrote:
Sun, 31. Mar 19, 16:48
Chris0132 wrote:
Sun, 31. Mar 19, 15:19
I'm not sure if that's tracking speed affecting that, and because the new beams aren't really beams.

They do struggle to hit small targets yes, and sometimes the heavy weapons fire before they're actually aimed at the thing they're trying to shoot at, but yeah the very fast weapons seem to be a little bit behind on leading targets.

That might be desirable though given how lethal the weapons are. If anything sits still or comes at you head on it gets shredded.
All of these are Vanilla issues with turrets, they are simply a bit more prominent with ROF and damage of modded weapons.
I think it's probably a good thing overall tbh, fast, small targets should be able to evade turrets if they fly correctly, and as said they still wipe anything that isn't flying evasively. If they were any better at hitting things then fighters would be obsolete.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sat, 6. Apr 19, 07:07

v1.4 few things I have noticed so far -
  • Some symbols are unable to be parsed by the engine -
    quotations appear as an invalid symbol and get replaced with a place holder symbol when reading from the encyclopedia.
  • A few of the weapons/turrets are lacking descriptions so maybe you just did not get around to adding all of them this pass.
    A number of texts read a little incorrect to me, are these a typo? I believe the intended word may have been "boasting"/"Boast" a number of these exist in the texts.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 6. Apr 19, 09:25

ledhead900 wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 19, 07:07
    quotations appear as an invalid symbol and get replaced with a place holder symbol when reading from the encyclopedia.
  • A few of the weapons/turrets are lacking descriptions so maybe you just did not get around to adding all of them this pass.
    A number of texts read a little incorrect to me, are these a typo? I believe the intended word may have been "boasting"/"Boast" a number of these exist in the texts.
Yeah, thanks for pointing out, most of these are corrected in my internal build, but it's so minor that I won't release it till I have some more features to go along.
And that's for boosting - boasting clarification, I did not notice that I was using the wrong word, English is not my native.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sat, 6. Apr 19, 14:23

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 19, 09:25
ledhead900 wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 19, 07:07
Yeah, thanks for pointing out, most of these are corrected in my internal build, but it's so minor that I won't release it till I have some more features to go along.
And that's for boosting - boasting clarification, I did not notice that I was using the wrong word, English is not my native.
No worries,
I saw one other minor issue with turrets too-
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 6. Apr 19, 15:03

Is there a chance to re-introduce boosters for fighters?
I do agree with overall boosters removal for big ships (it was very odd in the first place), but I think on S-size ships they work kinda OK even by AI.

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 09:46

mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 19, 15:03
I do agree with overall boosters removal for big ships (it was very odd in the first place), but I think on S-size ships they work kinda OK even by AI.
Well, i disegree, cause i hate seeing my fighters using boost to escape, then come back to fight with... no shields... :evil:
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 14:35

Général Grievous wrote:
Sun, 7. Apr 19, 09:46
mr.WHO wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 19, 15:03
Well, i disegree, cause i hate seeing my fighters using boost to escape, then come back to fight with... no shields... :evil:
Agreed, however overall the ai needs work.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 7. Apr 19, 15:09

I left a comment on the workshop but I was on hear and figured out there is a new project from the AI-Ship developer.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=409546&p=4861615#p4861615

I put a reqeust in with the DeadAir Gates dev to add support for the new faction and sectors of this his new mod,
I put the same request to you as check/add balance support for the new ships in that mod to work along with your mod.

Maybe it would be more beneficial to combine forces and co-dev a super overhaul mod.
This could be start of something similar in scale too X3's LitCube's universe overhaul which arguably is as must have as part of the vanilla X3 Albion prelude install if nothing else.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 18:51

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 01:11
All docking was redone to make sense with difference in ships variants as well.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the work put in this mod which goes in the right direction for me! (Especially big ships behaviour...)

What do you mean by the docking redone as quoted above ?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 22:59

aurelcourt wrote:
Mon, 8. Apr 19, 18:51
Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 25. Mar 19, 01:11
All docking was redone to make sense with difference in ships variants as well.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for the work put in this mod which goes in the right direction for me! (Especially big ships behaviour...)

What do you mean by the docking redone as quoted above ?
Its about docking capacities, 40 ships to dock in small destroyer always was stupid to me, so new capacities are: (note that encyclopedia is glitchy and adds 10 more in most cases, while in fact its as below)
drones | S | M
ship_arg_l_destroyer_01_a_macro 20 14
ship_arg_l_destroyer_01_b_macro 20 12
ship_par_l_destroyer_01_a_macro 20 5 2
ship_par_l_destroyer_01_b_macro 15 4 2
ship_tel_l_destroyer_01_a_macro 35 8
ship_tel_l_destroyer_01_b_macro 45 6
ship_arg_xl_carrier_01_a_macro 45 70 12
ship_arg_xl_carrier_01_b_macro 55 70 10
ship_par_xl_carrier_01_a_macro 30 83 8
ship_par_xl_carrier_01_b_macro 35 73 8
ship_tel_xl_carrier_01_a_macro 65 64 15
ship_tel_xl_carrier_01_b_macro 100 58 15
ship_arg_xl_battleship_01 20 10 3
ship_par_xl_battleship_01 15 8 5
ship_tel_xl_battleship_01 40 14 3

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 00:06

Thanks for your answer, makes perfect sense !

Now we mostly need proper carrier commands + wing commands, and turrets target settings (X3's "capitals only"/"fighters only" ect...) and we'll start to get a great game to play with!!

Of course + all the "mass unit management" that's currently missing and making it a chore to handle more than 10-20 ships in a fleet ...

Keep up the good work 👍😊

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 10:15

aurelcourt wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 19, 00:06
Thanks for your answer, makes perfect sense !

Now we mostly need proper carrier commands + wing commands, and turrets target settings (X3's "capitals only"/"fighters only" ect...) and we'll start to get a great game to play with!!

Of course + all the "mass unit management" that's currently missing and making it a chore to handle more than 10-20 ships in a fleet ...

Keep up the good work 👍😊
Yea that is my biggest complain about X4 atm, its AI logic behaviour and avoidance tied with lack of fleet management as with X3 I just install Litecubes universe mod and BANG you have all you ever need for an endless game and you can give any order you like and mass default actions by fleet instead of per unit etc etc

X4 and Rebirth lack the scripting engine thus we lack the ability to add proper functions like this without replacing the the existing or using hacky methods to run right-click menus
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 10. Apr 19, 14:56

ledhead900 wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 19, 10:15

X4 and Rebirth lack the scripting engine thus we lack the ability to add proper functions like this without replacing the the existing or using hacky methods to run right-click menus
As far as I understand X4 scripting is much more powerful than in X3, its only that UI is tricky to mod as of now, devs planned to revisit this in future, so we can expect many new things.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Wed, 10. Apr 19, 15:20

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 10. Apr 19, 14:56
ledhead900 wrote:
Tue, 9. Apr 19, 10:15

As far as I understand X4 scripting is much more powerful than in X3, its only that UI is tricky to mod as of now, devs planned to revisit this in future, so we can expect many new things.
It might seem this way, just I feel maybe that XML is just not a strong suit for me, I dislike working with it, the language looks like a mess with all the capsulation and stuff inside capsulation.
I prefer to write LUA or Xscript

Now I did see a tool around here which would convert the X4 XML into Xscript scipts allowing you to do most things with a Xscript editor then it exports that back out as correct XML for X4
I may just go and use that, the UI atm uses LUA so that's fine no issues there until you need to link the LUA scripts to XML for the game to do anything which is where I am stuck.

So far no real modding manual for X4 but that is okay.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 11. Apr 19, 23:13

Version 1.5:
- Corrected bug that prevented application of balance changes to all Xenon ships, you will learn to fear them
- Re-balanced L turrets a bit, range of Xenon beam is now 17km but bugged damage a bit. Annihilator is now also 17km with decrease in accuracy and tiny bit in damage. This was done to prevent easy kiting by Xenon destroyers of defence platforms.
- Minor tweaks to ship balance (teladi fighters more durable etc)
- small re-balance of shield recharge rates, it will be more noticeable, especially on M ships.
- tweaks and corrections to text files
- updates to some impact graphics and sounds

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 09:25

Nice, any word on the progress for balancing out the Rise of the Ossian Raider?
Compatibility is in with them to other mod so I just kinda waiting to for this one before starting a new game.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*

Thecrippler

Post by Thecrippler » Fri, 12. Apr 19, 10:07

Shuulo nice mod man you did a excellent job the game is more fun now ty to your mod i have a proposal i don't know if some will agree with me but is there any way you can separate guns from faction something similar to eve for example teladi pulse and beam weapons only or argon chain guns and autocannon and so on

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”