[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shuulo
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 22. May 20, 13:34

maseren wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 05:04
Wanted to say that the OOS balance, from what I've seen of it so far, is much improved in 2.1.9.

Scoob.
It's interesting that is what you saw Scoob. For me, i see an extreme slow down by Xenon. No I's in 3-4 hours. Maybe i killed them all, maybe they're fighting the free families. They can't fight anyone else, as I have them evil locked up behind defense platforms filled with turrets. ...I'll keep reporting.
[/quote]

Scoob meant balance between OOS and IS combat and not about Xenon fleets etc, and Im very glad to hear such feedback.
I decreased amount of Is in attacking fleets from 3-5 to 1-2 per galaxy (vanilla is 1) as they tend to destroy factions quite fast, so what you see is normal, Is are more of a boss ships, so having many of them made no sense.

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul

Post by Scoob » Fri, 22. May 20, 13:53

maseren wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 05:04
It's interesting that is what you saw Scoob. For me, i see an extreme slow down by Xenon. No I's in 3-4 hours. Maybe i killed them all, maybe they're fighting the free families. They can't fight anyone else, as I have them evil locked up behind defense platforms filled with turrets. ...I'll keep reporting.
Xenon are still a fairly significant presence in Hatikvah's Choice I and I've seen several Destroyers - no I's though. It good to see the stations able to take on those K's both In and Out of Sector - it has restored the balance. Previously, while OOS, those K's would have gone from station to station destroying them. Only another Fleet or large ship showing up had a chance to stop them.

I've not checked other Faction's sectors bordering Xenon space, though I see the two Eastern Teladi Trading stations are taking a hammering. Also, HOP are REALLY aggressive in my game. They're skirmishing with PAR, but haven't really made any major dent on their sectors yet. However, they took Second Contact II Flashpoint very early on. What I find odd in that HOP have a Fleet camped at every gate in that Sector and are killing ALL ARG, ANT and TEL ships that try to fly through - including civilians. An ARG fleet is camping the south gate of Argon Prime, but largely ignore HOP Civilians. Indeed, to my surprise, I get more HOP visitors to my station there than ARG. ARG are desperate for Hull Parts, but rarely come to me, HOP do all the time.

Xenon I's scare me lol.

Scoob.

maseren

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by maseren » Fri, 22. May 20, 17:58

ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 19:58
HLTs are for sure best option for defense platforms. I even glad that ai don't use em. :D
For personal use ships: AlphaMD+Reapers or AlphaMD+Storm cannons. But ai-driven ships can't use properly these highROF-ships because they have to maintain target tracking for a long time. AI is bad at this.
AI is good with alpha-damage weapons. They miss 4 times, but critically strikes on 5th. So for ai-diven ships weapons will be: CIG, Fusion repeater, Storm cannon. Maybe plus Plasma Incinerator.
L turrets for ships? I don't know. They are all good. But my preference is HMDs, because of no-clip firing type. Green "Slasher" mod turns on beast mode on no-clip weapons. PPC and Gauss also benefits greatly from this type of mod.
M turrets. Well...They are mostly bad, at least when InSector. CIWS, Cyclone, Plasma are quite ok though.
What do you mean no-clip?

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Fri, 22. May 20, 18:28

maseren wrote:
Fri, 22. May 20, 17:58
ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 20. May 20, 19:58
HLTs are for sure best option for defense platforms. I even glad that ai don't use em. :D
For personal use ships: AlphaMD+Reapers or AlphaMD+Storm cannons. But ai-driven ships can't use properly these highROF-ships because they have to maintain target tracking for a long time. AI is bad at this.
AI is good with alpha-damage weapons. They miss 4 times, but critically strikes on 5th. So for ai-diven ships weapons will be: CIG, Fusion repeater, Storm cannon. Maybe plus Plasma Incinerator.
L turrets for ships? I don't know. They are all good. But my preference is HMDs, because of no-clip firing type. Green "Slasher" mod turns on beast mode on no-clip weapons. PPC and Gauss also benefits greatly from this type of mod.
M turrets. Well...They are mostly bad, at least when InSector. CIWS, Cyclone, Plasma are quite ok though.
What do you mean no-clip?
Weapons that are not magazine type. You got ROF, that can be modified by "Weapon Reload" type of mods and then you got magazine reload time, that is not affected by this type of mod. To speed up magazine reload you need "Weapon Charge Time" type of mod. But you can cheat yourself "Weapon Reload" through save/loading grind up to 90-100% , as for "Weapon Charge Time" - it is limited only, i don't know, 20 or 25%.
So, if you want maximum damage you better stick to no-clip, no-magazine type of weapons.
Last edited by ScandyNav on Sat, 23. May 20, 12:40, edited 1 time in total.

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sat, 23. May 20, 12:24

hi is there any point in using the FOCW mod now in game are just use this one

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 23. May 20, 14:05

rosssack wrote:
Sat, 23. May 20, 12:24
hi is there any point in using the FOCW mod now in game are just use this one
FOCW and VRO are dramatically different mods doing different things, not sure how you can compare

gr4vediggr
x3ap

Post by gr4vediggr » Sun, 24. May 20, 13:59

So I really like the overall set-up of this mod, and I know that you're balancing the Xenon vs the rest of the universe with every update, but is there anything I can do to give them a little bit more firepower in a local version of the mod? All factions are holding and the HOP is even pushing into Faulty Logic with relative ease.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 24. May 20, 14:54

gr4vediggr wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 13:59
So I really like the overall set-up of this mod, and I know that you're balancing the Xenon vs the rest of the universe with every update, but is there anything I can do to give them a little bit more firepower in a local version of the mod? All factions are holding and the HOP is even pushing into Faulty Logic with relative ease.
Use FOCW mod to adjust their difficulty to whatever you prefer.

joey86
x4

Post by joey86 » Sun, 24. May 20, 14:56

I am interested to know which ships and weapons players use as playership with the goal of destroying weapons from capitalships.
I don`t like the idea of careing about having enough rockets and torpedos.
For the moment i use Dragon with Rapid Plasma Turret (Weapon Pack), Alpha Massaccelerator and Fusionsomething. I play in german so sorry for having not the precise english name.
Would help much if you dont use shortcuts so i can more translate it easier for me.

I tried a kobra with plasma and hoped that the second shield helps but somehow it gets destroyed faster and the damage from a 3rd heavy weapon and 2 aditional turrets don`t compensate the 4 missing light weapons.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Sun, 24. May 20, 16:42

joey86 wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 14:56
I am interested to know which ships and weapons players use as playership with the goal of destroying weapons from capitalships.
I don`t like the idea of careing about having enough rockets and torpedos.
I think you need weapons which do most damage before overheat for this.
If this weapon stats spreadsheet is correct for current version of VRO...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1326693489

That can be Dragon with 4 Heavy Tau Accelerator + 2 Demolisher Cannon.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Sun, 24. May 20, 22:18

Hi,

This mod introduces a lot of new missiles and torpedos. Is this mod also add complex algorithm to pick up the right missile for AI?
PS. Vanilia AI can use only current missile.

BR

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 24. May 20, 23:20

MiFoludek wrote:
Sun, 24. May 20, 22:18
This mod introduces a lot of new missiles and torpedos. Is this mod also add complex algorithm to pick up the right missile for AI?
PS. Vanilia AI can use only current missile.
No, AI is not changed. What do you mean ai will use only current missile?
AI will restock default missile stetted in macro file of the launcher in most cases, and those were changed to new missiles.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Mon, 25. May 20, 00:08

Love the concept and think that this mod in combination with no highways and much larger sectors delivers exactly the game as I wished. One thing i miss thou, a bit more real physics. Nothing crazy but seeing the ship going from 6000ms to zero in a second using the front thruster simply kicks my immersion out of the window. Any chance of a version with more inertia and such? I took a look at the props/engine and all the parameters I touched in my Rebirth physics mod (before v. 3.6) are no more there. Top speed depending from acceleration and mass? Is the duration to stop travel drive the parameter to at least have decently beliavable decelerations?

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 25. May 20, 17:32

Realspace wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 00:08
Love the concept and think that this mod in combination with no highways and much larger sectors delivers exactly the game as I wished. One thing i miss thou, a bit more real physics. Nothing crazy but seeing the ship going from 6000ms to zero in a second using the front thruster simply kicks my immersion out of the window. Any chance of a version with more inertia and such? I took a look at the props/engine and all the parameters I touched in my Rebirth physics mod (before v. 3.6) are no more there. Top speed depending from acceleration and mass? Is the duration to stop travel drive the parameter to at least have decently beliavable decelerations?
hi, I improved some aspects of this comparing to vanilla already but dont really want to overboard, as i think more realistic flight model will hurt game flow and AI especially as it was not done with it in mind.
Top speed depends on forward drag value in ship macros, nothing more. Deceleration from travel speed is in drive macros and mass is in ship macro.

MiFoludek
x3tc

Post by MiFoludek » Mon, 25. May 20, 22:36

Hi,
Is it possible to get titan blueprint?

BR

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 26. May 20, 02:18

MiFoludek wrote:
Mon, 25. May 20, 22:36
Hi,
Is it possible to get titan blueprint?

BR
Nope, Argon government does not sell blueprints of their flagship. if you want one - board it.

ScandyNav
x4

Post by ScandyNav » Wed, 27. May 20, 15:17

Looks like that latest beta 2 adds some kind of incompatibility with VRO turret algorithms or new vanilla algorithms work not so good with VRO turret characteristics. Most of the time turrets don't shoot at all. This especially seen in large battles with many targets. Looks like turrets are permanently in "search for better target" state.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 27. May 20, 17:28

ScandyNav wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 15:17
Looks like that latest beta 2 adds some kind of incompatibility with VRO turret algorithms or new vanilla algorithms work not so good with VRO turret characteristics. Most of the time turrets don't shoot at all. This especially seen in large battles with many targets. Looks like turrets are permanently in "search for better target" state.
Seems this is not VRO issue

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Wed, 27. May 20, 19:56

Shuulo, yes I see this new turret behavior in both vanilla and VRO saves, so I side with you, it's a Egosoft issue.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Thu, 28. May 20, 14:34

Small announcement - Im joining with SW team to bring their awesome mod to life, will be responsible for different xml stuff, as well as balancing, bugfixing, new factions/sectors etc. As a big fan of SW im quite happy ill be able to help the team with this.

This will not impact VRO development, while its more or less in maintenance phase i still have plans to tweak, balance, expend and improve every aspect of it, with new version with some new features coming out in next week or two, hopefully alongside full 3.2 release.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”