[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DemonicWeebAMV

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by DemonicWeebAMV » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 05:39

for some reason this mod, if enabled removes any kind of ship trader from the game

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 13. Jun 20, 11:18

MiFoludek wrote:
Fri, 12. Jun 20, 22:27

The M ship has selected torpedo as ammunition and has 5 star crew. (There is no issue with S ship, they are using torpedos very often). The issue is only visible with M class.
The Cerberus has only topredo tubes - no forward guns - maybe that is the reason?
Ah yeah, this can also be the reason, missile use AI is very unpredictable in X4 unfortunately, hopefully this will be fixed by devs

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 14. Jun 20, 19:58

Version 2.1.95, but named 2.2
NOTE: THIS IS NOT 2.2 WITH NEW FEATURES, STEAM is not able to make 2.1.95 version so i had to use 2.2. Planned features for 2.2 will be called 2.3 instead.
Fully compatible with previous saves.
Final version before full work on 2.2 starts, this one brings some polish and a bit of a rebalance due to turret improvements in 3.2 (and potential fixes of remaining issues in next patch according to devs).

Notable changes:
- New Split battleship Gharial designed to go toe-to-toe with heavy ships. Having a bit more HP, one more shield generator 11 L turrets with good coverage but approximately 50% less M turrets than Raptor it is much better suited for long range engagements with enemy battleships. Its also more expensive than Raptor.
- New powered beam weapons that can utilize full power of XL energy generators on Carriers, so only them can mount those extremely powerful weapon systems, only one per ship and race-specific. Raptor does not get one though as it already uses its full potential.
- ALL M and L turrets were slightly nerfed. 10% for general or anti-cap turrets (15% for heavy lances) and 15% for anti-s turrets. This is made to balance them out with better targeting of turrets and to improve surviveability of smaller ships to make them more viable.

Miscellaneous:
- few bugs squashed.
- some weapons that used ambient sound now use correct ones, expect Ion Projector, Tri Beam and Positron Beam, was not able to fix them somehow, will do in next version.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 00:17

Just a tip for next time, you can use -minor on workshop tool and it will allow you to update with the same version number. Don't let steam ruin your versioning!

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 15. Jun 20, 02:18

DeadAirRT wrote:
Mon, 15. Jun 20, 00:17
Just a tip for next time, you can use -minor on workshop tool and it will allow you to update with the same version number. Don't let steam ruin your versioning!
yeah, could have used that, but really wanted to have new version, as new ship is quite major thing to add.

Montassiner

Post by Montassiner » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 02:27

Update: Just saw the comments on the steam workshop page - seems like some issues with turrets still remain in 3.2. Just need to wait for the update.

Hi there,

I am a new player to x4 franchise, and I am playing with VRO + FE (+ escape teleport, better kill credit, autotrade & Autominer Skill tweaks and fly by looting, + no superhighways). I have just saved enough to buy my first Fulmar Battleship. Suffice to say the L Gauss Turrets I bought can't hit a damn thing. A Xenon I was sitting right in front of me and the turrets went out of their way to fire far right - I was stationary as was the Xenon I. And they were consistent with the firing target. (I noticed this with a defense station as well - again we were both stationary.) And the turrets picked a point to fire and kept firing there, even though nothing was there. Is there something I am missing? As a new player I know that I don't know a lot about setting up turrets etc. My L gauss turrets had purple damage mods on them.

I've noticed complaints about turrets years before but I thought much of this had been fixed, is that right?

Monty.

Edit: Added nosuperhighways to post. Playing on Steam (don't know if there is a different version), all mods from the workshop except nosuperhighways.

Max Bain
x3ap

Post by Max Bain » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 13:28

Just one suggestion to improve a bit of performance at nearly no cost.

There are some projectiles with an incredible high rate of fire like the "bullet_gen_turret_m_gatling_01_mk1_macro" with 20 shots per second with 2 barrels, so 40 bullets per second per turret.
So in a big battle with many ships which have this turret mounted its not just the calculation of 40 projectiles per second but also 40 damage calculations per second. For a single entity its no problem with our computers, but I think in a big battle with lets say more than 100 of these turrets shooting (which is really a common situation) thats 4000 projectiles per second and the damage calculations of each impact if it hits.

My suggestion would be to lower the rate of fire to values not much higher than 10 (maybe 15) per second while keeping the overall dps the same. I think no one can see a big difference if a weapon is shooting 10 times or 20 times a second anyway.
For lasers like the "bullet_xen_m_laser_01_mk1_macro" I lowered the rate to 8 shots per second from 10.

To keep DPS the same you simply need to divide the rate of fire and ammunition with the same factor wile multiplying the damage (hull, shield and value).

At least I did this for several projectiles with higher values than 10 (I think highest now is 14 on my end) per second on my private mod to improve performance in battles.
This came to my mind because yesterday I had a battle with around 30 battleships and 150 S ships and the fps went down to around 20 and even sometimes hit the 10 fps mark which is not fun to play.
XR Ship Pack (adds several ships from XR) Link
Weapon Pack (adds several new weapons) Link
Economy Overhaul (expands the X4 economy with many new buildings) Link
X4 Editor (view stats of objects and make your own mod within a few clicks) Link

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 17. Jun 20, 18:46

Max Bain wrote:
Wed, 17. Jun 20, 13:28
Just one suggestion to improve a bit of performance at nearly no cost.
Yah, ill take a look on those for next version, already did few changes.

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 02:49

Could someone please suggest what a good mod would be for the heavy lance turret?

Like, does the 'slasher' mod do anything with it's +reload?

Many thanks!

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Thu, 18. Jun 20, 04:28

Cedric_FP wrote:
Thu, 18. Jun 20, 02:49
Could someone please suggest what a good mod would be for the heavy lance turret?

Like, does the 'slasher' mod do anything with it's +reload?

Many thanks!
Damage+++ It's essentially a laser beam/railgun, so accuracy is already top-notch, as well as having maximum allowable projectile speed. Go for raw damage output on those. For Slow moving projectiles like plasmas, I go for projectile speed. Things that are in the middle, like CIWS can go either way. Projectile speed helps tremendously, but damage gets the job done ez-pz as well.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:36

Is it safe to use with 3.3 beta? is update incoming? want to start new game

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Fri, 26. Jun 20, 15:29

Mr.Freud wrote:
Thu, 25. Jun 20, 22:36
Is it safe to use with 3.3 beta? is update incoming? want to start new game
I do not see anything that could brake VRO, played it yesterday just fine.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 20:40

Hi,

I have a Panther Frigate, all properly set up to have Automatic Resupply set to High. When I do this with my other Carrier-class ships, they'll automatically repair any ships that are assigned to them and docked. However, the Panther does not appear to do this. It can of course repair docked ships when given a manual order to do so, but that's not ideal when automating it.

Note: I have several very badly damaged ships assigned to it, that haven't auto-repaired...has this feature been deliberately removed from this new ship class?

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 4. Jul 20, 23:16

On another note, the Fallen Families are becoming a bit of a nightmare. I don't know if it's VRO's jobs or something added by the Economy / War mod, but they are totally monopolising the Free Families docks. They are churning out fighter groups every few minutes (2x Balaur, 2-3x Asp) as well as a Corvette (Dragon Raider) in the mix ever so often. A little less frequently, every hour or so, a new Panther is built, and now they've just built a Destroyer. I also have the XR Ships mod.

Free Families forces are pretty weak, yet - while using their docks - the Fallen Families are churning out ships and making a bee-line for me. They were enemies to me right from the start (Argon start) and have been a trivial threat much of the game. However, as I've been securing Free Families space - mostly against the Xenon - they've started hassling me more and more. I'm technically cut off from my main fleet due to Xenon incursions taking over several Family Zyarth sectors, so fleet movement are tricky. As a result, I've started building a fleet from bails and captures while camped out in Heart of Acrimony II. I'm just in the process of securing an SCA Destroyer (Incarcatura Raider) that appeared in the sector, which will help. However, the current incoming fleet is made up of four Fighters, one Panther Frigate and one Rattlesnake...argh! lol.

Basically, for whatever reason, the Fallen Families appear to be getting pretty much ALL the build time at the Free Families Wharf and Shipyard in Heart of Acrimony II. Seems excessive! It's sorta been fun but these Fallen Families are relentless.

Scoob.

alex200093
x4

Post by alex200093 » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 19:48

is it possible to add some kind of config to change the complexity .. type to increase the total amount of damage shield armor or reduce so that battles last longer??

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 23:05

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, is this mod compatible with FOCW?

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 10. Jul 20, 23:37

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 10. Jul 20, 23:05
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, is this mod compatible with FOCW?
Considering Shuulo has mentioned people using it to "make it harder" rather than Shuulo make it harder, then it can be assumed, yes.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 06:31

Yes, use focw to tweak difficulty of the game as you see fit

alex200093
x4

Post by alex200093 » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 23:33

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 06:31
in it, you can essentially only increase the number of ships of factions, but I just wanted the stats of ships at once for all, for example, to increase the shields so that battles last longer

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 11. Jul 20, 23:54

alex200093 wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 23:33
Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 11. Jul 20, 06:31
in it, you can essentially only increase the number of ships of factions, but I just wanted the stats of ships at once for all, for example, to increase the shields so that battles last longer
I don't think he was replying to you but someone else. There aren't any options in VRO to change shielding, etc. and it isn't so simple as setting up some kind of config for things like that because those are within the xml files of each shield, etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”