[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Scoob » Thu, 16. Jul 20, 12:42

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 15. Jul 20, 21:37
Still, from my tests VRO is closer to IS than OOS, flak is an outlier due to AOE damage, already tweaked it a bit to better work OOS.
Yes, VRO does seem to balance better OOS than vanilla. Cool, sounds good!

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Jul 20, 00:38

Hi again,

Have you changed the Xenon I's turrets to be protected by the main hull shield? The reason I ask is because I'm targetting a XEN L-PPC Turret (I've tried others too) to which my own turrets have perfect LoS and are hitting, yet the local shield for that turret is NOT dropping at all. Considering I'm in a Gharial with eight Annihilator turret Groups (10 Turrets in total) all scoring solid hits on this turret (via attack my current enemy) I'd expect these turrets pop at the first volley.

Note: When just letting the various turrets on this ship "Attack Capitals" (the Large Turrets) and "Defend" the Medium Turrets, they'll often try to shoot surface elements anyway. However, I noticed that it wasn't really working vs. the Xenon I, so I took manual control.

The Xenon I is tough, as it should be, but it's turrets being protected in this way seems over-kill, assuming it's intended? I've not checked ALL turrets of course, just several on the Starboard side of the ship as that's the side that's facing me.

I thought a well-equipped Gharial would do fairly well vs. the Xenon I, plus I have three Rattlesnakes inbound too - my intent being I'd soften up the turrets myself first....not going to plan lol.

Can't remember the last time I took on a Xenon I...it would have been with a LARGE fleet of vanilla Destroyers and Carriers with Plasma-equipped heavy fighters on board though. Oh, I had a station having a go at it too, as it was guarding a gate to a Xenon sector.

Edit: Now I've gotten the I's main Shield down, I do seem to be scoring the odd hit on the turrets. Well, I mean I'm hitting it pretty much constantly, but it only occasionally takes any damage. LoS is totally fine.

Edit 2: There's something very weird going on. I'd all but killed the I, it was down to 15% hull, though I'd only had partial success taking out it's turrets, all too often the ship might take damage, but the turret would not - as if the hit box was too small. So, I started just targetting the ship as a whole. I was hitting it constantly with 10 Annihilators and one Heavy Lance, as well as some Plasma from various Medium turrets. However, it suddenly started regenerating FASTER than I could damage it with this loadout....what's going on? Lol. My Gharial went from seemingly doing really well - over 50% hull, all L-Class Turrets intact and only two M-Class Turret groups disabled vs. the Xenon I with 15% hull and several L-Class Turrets taken out - and then I was dead. Most odd.

Edit 3: I reloaded and tried again. This time I was doing damage consistently when hitting the Turrets and the Xenon I's main shield was still up. Must have been some sort of weird bug. Go figure lol.

Edit 4: There's a REALLY weird phenomena going on with this Xenon I, yes, another one. I've reloaded several times now - thankfully turret targetting has been working fairly well - however, every time the Xenon I's Hull gets down to around 20% my turrets start missing. Bear in mind I have them just targetting the ship - which is largely stationary - my turrets are firing wildly off-centre. It's almost like they think the ship is moving, when it's not. it's simply rotating slowly on the spot, but it's not moved off yet. No wonder my damage output drops off Not having much luck with this Xenon I, yet it doesn't seem to be linked to anything I can control. This I has been under 20% Hull for some time now, yet I cannot chip it down any further....two of the three Rattlesnakes have arrived now, one is heavily engaged, the other is approaching. Maybe this will turn the tide.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sat, 18. Jul 20, 19:15

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 18. Jul 20, 00:38
some weird xenon thing
this does look like a weird bug to me, never encountered anything like that, might as well be a buggy Xenon I ship. Gharial is a bit weaker then I so better take some support.
You can play and check if you get something like that in future, but VRO does not change turret behavior and Ai or anything about ship hull regeneration.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 18. Jul 20, 20:23

Hi Shuulo,

Which missile's do the Xenon use and what is their max firing range?

I've seen that most player controled ships have a max of 15k when launching depending on the missile type so to have Xenon shooting big heavy missiles at me from 25k away seems a tad OP.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 18. Jul 20, 23:17

Shuulo wrote:
Sat, 18. Jul 20, 19:15

this does look like a weird bug to me, never encountered anything like that, might as well be a buggy Xenon I ship. Gharial is a bit weaker then I so better take some support.
You can play and check if you get something like that in future, but VRO does not change turret behavior and Ai or anything about ship hull regeneration.
I did have some very odd happening last night. Things did work out in the end, but it was a closer fight than it should have been due to turret screwiness. I do wonder if the Xenon I had a particularly good virtual crew, influencing its rapid repair rate?

Scoob.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Sun, 19. Jul 20, 21:03

Hi,

great mod, I really enjoy all these faster ship bullets, finally a good combat feeling. However, i have a strange problem with station turrets. While ship turrets seem to work (at least from what I see from AI Turrets) , station turrets are completly passive and do not react at all to enemies, no mattter what Setting I use. I added a manager to the station, and the disc platforms have a mix of Anti-L-Large Turrets and smaller Anti-Fighter turrets.

Anything I might missing regarding this mod to make the station actually start firing ?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 00:07

Are you 100 sure the turrets have been built? It's not always obvious and, in my experience, Turrets are often not finished until long after the module it done. You can look in the build plan and it looks likely they're all done, but they're not. Fly a ship personally and inspect the disc defence platforms you've built to be sure. Just guessing here, perhaps you're already fully aware of this :)

I've actually not been putting Turrets on my stations so far, though I've just queued up a build with some in the list...gonna take a while as my Economy is very short on Turret components.

Scoob.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 09:46

It's really hard to tell. I didn't had problems in my other games so far. For VRO, I started a new game and disabled all other mods that somehow change weapons or ships.

I fooled around some more, and here is what I observed. On another factory, I had some turrets on a production module, they work fine. So I thought maybe my defense base is too close to the gate (but i didn't cheated with the plot placement, I built where it was green). I created a new Defense base now for testing in the system center and built it while i was OOS. The building plan now shows everything completed, and the disc platform is firing with all weapons. But on this base, the turrets models aren't (visually) added, I see just some fragment like in early building states, others are invisible and still fire.

Also I noticed that the delivery of Items only works when I'm OOS, while I was looking directly by parking near the construction site, transport where just parking by the build storage and seem to be blocked, even though they seem to be docked and their command says "executing trade".

i will now try to remove the discs from my large defense base again, and rebuild them while I'm OOS again, and then see if it will fire. Edit : Nope, not working, Station is completly passiv when spawning enemies nearby... This really sucks :( Would love too use these weapons from the mod

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 11:58

Starman01 wrote:
Mon, 20. Jul 20, 09:46
The building plan now shows everything completed, and the disc platform is firing with all weapons. But on this base, the turrets models aren't (visually) added, I see just some fragment like in early building states, others are invisible and still fire.
If turrets are invisible it means that they are not constructed, station lacks materials, also, turrets are built on its own and you don't need construction vessel for this. You can check the loadout tab of the station, it lists number of operation turrets vs not yet constructed.
As for passive turrets - this sometimes happens due to vanilla bug, i think its it more or less resolved in beta but still happens sometimes especially if you try to change turret behavior it may just lock their responsiveness for some time.

VRO does not touch in any way turret AI and those issues are in 99% vanilla bugs, try to use beta version.

Starman01
x4

Post by Starman01 » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 12:23

Thanks for the tipp that turret construction doesn't need a construction vessel, didn't knew that until now since the components are stored in build storage :) I hope the beta goes live soon, not sure I can switch my current game, don't want to start all over again.

I was pretty sure that I had watched invisible turrets firing on the test base though, but i also rather suspected it to be a vanilla thing

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 20. Jul 20, 22:52

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 20. Jul 20, 22:34
First version of VRO wiki is now released, will try to improve it as i move with updates, any suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks, looking good. Having a browse now.

Edit: I've looked through, excellent job, very clear.

One query: I love the changed Map Icons for the various ship classes, however, is it possible for the HUD Icons to be updated too? I can see a "Fighter" on the HUD, but it might be just a Combat Drone, an Interceptor and Fighter or a Heavy Fighter...quite important to be able to tell the difference, depending on what you're flying at the time.

Also, Kha'ak Stations being indestructible, originally a great addition, but I understand Egosoft made some changes so ships won't keep shooting a station they know is indestructible. Not sure how well this change by Egosoft works and Kha'ak stations don't form part of any plot, so them being destroyed likely isn't an issue. However, does their destruction stop Kha'ak ships spawns (outside of Encounters) at all?

Edit 2: Regarding your recommended mods, it appears that Disable Encounters is reported as no longer working? I've NOT verified this myself - have run out of time this eve - but was just checking out the various additional mods you suggest. The comment on this (15th Feb this year) says that it worked with 3.0 Beta 6, but then didn't with Beta 6, no updates mentioning any sort of fix.

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 00:58

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 20. Jul 20, 22:52

Edit 2: Regarding your recommended mods, it appears that Disable Encounters is reported as no longer working? I've NOT verified this myself - have run out of time this eve - but was just checking out the various additional mods you suggest. The comment on this (15th Feb this year) says that it worked with 3.0 Beta 6, but then didn't with Beta 6, no updates mentioning any sort of fix.

Well, it totally works for me, can be a false bugreport.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 01:00

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 21. Jul 20, 00:58

Ok, cool. Whatever the issue was in that particular Beta must have been resolved, good to know - I'll add it to my Mod list next session :)

Scoob.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 21. Jul 20, 01:03

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 21. Jul 20, 01:00
Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 21. Jul 20, 00:58

Ok, cool. Whatever the issue was in that particular Beta must have been resolved, good to know - I'll add it to my Mod list next session :)

Scoob.
This mod does not require restart, so you can just use it straight away if you want.

luckbox
x4

Post by luckbox » Wed, 22. Jul 20, 08:55

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 20. Jul 20, 22:34
First version of VRO wiki is now released, will try to improve it as i move with updates, any suggestions are welcomed.
Fantastic job!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 02:28

Hey, saw this error in the log

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 62682.14 No matching node for path '/mdscript/cues/cue[1]/cues/cue[24]/actions/do_if[2]/do_if/do_if[4]/do_if[1]/do_if[2]/find_object_component' in patch file 'extensions\VRO\md\notifications.xml'. Skipping node.
Also, all the missiles have errors like this, don't know if it is intentional

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_cluster_heavy_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[General] 0.00 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_cluster_light_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_heavy_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_heavy_mk2' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!
[=ERROR=] 0.00 WareDB::Import(): ware 'missile_dumbfire_light_mk1' has blueprint owners set but does not specify a required trade licence so owners are ignored!

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 18:49

Was boost re-enabled at some point? I've just removed all other mods and opted out of the beta and still new game with vro I have boost.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 19:10

GageDragon wrote:
Thu, 23. Jul 20, 18:49
Was boost re-enabled at some point? I've just removed all other mods and opted out of the beta and still new game with vro I have boost.
Yes it was

GageDragon
x4

Post by GageDragon » Thu, 23. Jul 20, 19:16

I see, thanks for reply.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”