[MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 4.x

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Variety and Rebalance Overhaul (VRO) 2.x

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 10:37

Tried a different approach, instead of directly attacking i gave a move order near the target followed by attack while in rangem again though, the destroyers would all turn away and proceed to slowly fly away, i say slowly because when not in combat they use there travel engines to fly away but seeing they was already in combat they didnt use it
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 10:43

Help...

Probably something simple, but I'm not seeing the new ships...no Centaur/Cyclops/Titan at either the Argon or Antigone SY's. I haven't yet looked at other races.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 11:55

DeadlyDa wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 10:43
Help...

Probably something simple, but I'm not seeing the new ships...no Centaur/Cyclops/Titan at either the Argon or Antigone SY's. I haven't yet looked at other races.
Played long or new game? seeing maybe the mod is not on due to being in the wrong extensions folder, i just checked argon shipyards and they are there
Buzz2005 wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 02:19
well for me it was totally not a problem bc it only started when I had tons of ships, and even then it happened rarely
How are you using your destroyers? becuase when they are unassigned and i give them an order to attack they work fine, its just when they are an attack sub for another ship which is ordered to attack to run off

Edit: Scratch that, still doing it even when ordering them directly as unassigned ships
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Sun, 2. Aug 20, 13:56

Yep, just set up 3.2 legacy patch and its FAR superior, Not only do ships go back in formation once orders are complete which 3,3 was struggling with, destroyers go and attack their commanders target
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 09:55

Nemesis_87 wrote:
Sun, 2. Aug 20, 11:55
DeadlyDa wrote:
Help...

Played long or new game? seeing maybe the mod is not on due to being in the wrong extensions folder, i just checked argon shipyards and they are there
Thanks for the reply. I'm on board with the /extensions folder location, and have used quite a few mods without issues.

Currently, the only entries in the /extensions folder are ego_dlc_split and vro. With a new game using the Young Gun start, you begin in Black Hole Sun...and Argon Prime is visible on your map. Looking at the Argon SY and clicking on Buy Ships, I can see the regular L and XL ships for sale...but no Centaur/Cyclops/Titan are listed.

The VRO mod is installed and the game is running...just no new Argon ships.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Mon, 3. Aug 20, 18:44

DeadlyDa wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 09:55
Nemesis_87 wrote:
DeadlyDa wrote:
Help...

Thanks for the reply. I'm on board with the /extensions folder location, and have used quite a few mods without issues.

Currently, the only entries in the /extensions folder are ego_dlc_split and vro. With a new game using the Young Gun start, you begin in Black Hole Sun...and Argon Prime is visible on your map. Looking at the Argon SY and clicking on Buy Ships, I can see the regular L and XL ships for sale...but no Centaur/Cyclops/Titan are listed.

Can you see any other things from the mod? like all the new weps ect?
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

DeadlyDa
x4

Post by DeadlyDa » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 05:26

Nemesis_87 wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 18:44
DeadlyDa wrote:
Mon, 3. Aug 20, 09:55
Nemesis_87 wrote:

Can you see any other things from the mod? like all the new weps ect?
No VRO ships or weapon changes. The starter Elite is sitting at the EQ Dock in BHS as per the Young Gun start. Looking at available ship upgrades, they are all stock X4.

I am using the correct extensions folder, which I have used successfully for other mods - "...\Steam\steamapps\common\X4 Foundations\extensions".

I validated the local X4 files with Steam, and re-downloaded VRO (vro-305-2-2-1592158510.zip) and faction_enhancer.zip...just to make sure everything was clean.

The only mods in the extensions folder are:
  • ego_dlc_split
  • faction_fix_pack
  • faction_fix_pack_catchup
  • faction_fix_pack_econ_ai
  • faction_fix_pack_econ_bal
  • vro
Any and all suggestions welcome!

EDIT: Running 3.30, if that makes a difference.
EDIT #2: All sorted. Somehow Steam Workshop was turned on and VRO was not set to load. I have no idea how that happened, as I have never used Steam Workshop...always preferred to load mods manually into the /extensions folder. I disabled Steam Workshop, and all is well.

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Tue, 4. Aug 20, 16:31

Well then enjoy, so far im enjoying the range changes the most
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 17:16

Ok i was skeptical about getting an overall mod but i gotta say, im loving this mod :)

Space battles feel so epic, any other plans down the road?
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 18:20

Nemesis_87 wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 17:16
Ok i was skeptical about getting an overall mod but i gotta say, im loving this mod :)

new version will be up in next week sometime
few new ships
few new weapons
some balancing and bug fixing

Randal954

Post by Randal954 » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 20:40

new ships
Can't wait to cruise around in a Hyperion again!

Mycu
x4

Post by Mycu » Tue, 11. Aug 20, 20:52

Randal954 wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 20:40
new ships
Can't wait to cruise around in a Hyperion again!
...and Cyclops ;)
X3 AP 3.1 + XRM
X3 AP 3.1 + LU

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 12:04

Shuulo wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 18:20
Nemesis_87 wrote:
Tue, 11. Aug 20, 17:16

few new ships
few new weapons
ah nice, although i can admit im not a fan of the current new ships (the ones ported from other x games anyways) seeing im really OCD and uniformed and they just dont match the current ship lines :-P

Although i always wanted a battleship varient of the monitor because it was an awesome looking ship, and here it is haha
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Berni
x4

Post by Berni » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 12:36

Shuulo wrote:

few new ships
few new weapons
is there any chance to see a few ships from The Expanse like the Roci or Donnager maybe? :)

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:22

Nemesis_87 wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 12:04
Shuulo wrote:
few new ships
few new weapons
ah nice, although i can admit im not a fan of the current new ships (the ones ported from other x games anyways) seeing im really OCD and uniformed and they just dont match the current ship lines :-P

Although i always wanted a battleship varient of the monitor because it was an awesome looking ship, and here it is haha
Is it the quality of the models, or just the overall look?

Because if it's quality you're worried about, I don't think you have to worry too much with the Cyclops, it's quite the beauty.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:46

Drewgamer wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:22
Nemesis_87 wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 12:04
Shuulo wrote:
few new ships
few new weapons

Is it the quality of the models, or just the overall look?

Because if it's quality you're worried about, I don't think you have to worry too much with the Cyclops, it's quite the beauty.
Oh i saw that one, wondered if it was gonna end up here seeing its a really good model, that 1 matches the Argon fleet and also changes colour in options with the rest of the fleet by the look of it? but that one fits well, stuff like the Panther does nto do it for me because it only comes in black and its texture and design dont match the rest of the fleet :-P
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 16:58

Nemesis_87 wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:46
stuff like the Panther does nto do it for me because it only comes in black and its texture and design dont match the rest of the fleet :-P
you sure you meant panther? panther can use camos and its design quite close to current split ships.

only Centaur is not able to use camo colors

Nemesis_87
x3tc

Post by Nemesis_87 » Wed, 12. Aug 20, 19:54

Shuulo wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 16:58
Nemesis_87 wrote:
Wed, 12. Aug 20, 15:46
stuff like the Panther does nto do it for me because it only comes in black and its texture and design dont match the rest of the fleet :-P
you sure you meant panther? panther can use camos and its design quite close to current split ships.

only Centaur is not able to use camo colors
Oh i just built one to try and it does have it, just on the build screen its usualy just black, but when its in space its colour is just alot brighter than other ships so harder to notice, but the ship is still way to out of uniform for my eye haha
Mods

Argon Citizen gamestart
Sector satalites
Learning All The Things
Cheat Menu

mAritz
x4

Post by mAritz » Fri, 14. Aug 20, 14:19

Loving the mod so far!

Since all shields have the recharge delay removed, I went ahead and also removed the delay related bonuses from the modifications. For those where that would've been a nerf in vanilla I added a small buff to the other effects. Feel free to do with this as you wish. :)

I really don't know whether the buff values I chose are fair, you can probably judge that much better.

libraries/eqiuipmentmods.xml:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<diff>
  <!-- 
    Since there is 0 recharge delay on all shields in VRO the mods for it are useless.
  -->
  <!-- remove the basic mod that only affects rechargedelay -->
  <remove sel="//equipmentmods/shield/rechargedelay[@ware='mod_shield_rechargedelay_01_mk1']" />

<!-- 
    The medium tiers have a 50% chance of getting either delay or rate mod.
    Just removing the delay makes it so you get a guaranteed useful bonus, 
    maybe this bonus should then be nerfed?
  -->
  <replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/capacity[@ware='mod_shield_capacity_01_mk2']/bonus">
    <bonus chance="1.0" max="1">
      <rechargerate min="1.1" max="1.2" />
    </bonus>
  </replace>

<replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/rechargerate[@ware='mod_shield_rechargerate_01_mk2']/bonus">
      <capacity min="1.1" max="1.2" />
    </bonus>
  </replace>

<!--
    The vanilla "fast-cycling" high tier has a guaranteed delay bonus and nothing else.
    As a counterbalance to removing the bonus, the rate is buffed by 5%.
  -->
  <replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/rechargerate[@ware='mod_shield_rechargerate_01_mk3']">
    <rechargerate ware="mod_shield_rechargerate_01_mk3" quality="3" min="1.35" max="1.75" />
  </replace>

<!--
    The vanilla "generalist" high tier has both delay and rate bonus. 
    To compensate the removed delay buff, we buff both capacity and rate by 5% more minimum, but not maximum.
  -->
  <replace sel="//equipmentmods/shield/capacity[@ware='mod_shield_capacity_02_mk3']">
    <capacity ware="mod_shield_capacity_02_mk3" quality="3" min="1.15" max="1.3">
        <rechargerate min="1.15" max="1.3" />
      </bonus>
    </capacity>
  </replace>
</diff>
One other thing I noticed: AI seems to be unable to use Positron Beam properly in-sector. In my test they first shot it a few times at the enemy capital ship and then just stopped. It is either a range thing (the ship had 2 turrets that outranged the 2 Positron Beams) or it was unable to let the weapon reload/cooldown. The reload behaviour is a bit weird when manually using it anyways. If you hold the shoot button, it doesn't start cooling down ever - but if you let go until the reload is done (by feel), it starts cooling down a bit before you can shoot it again. Or something like that, not entirely sure.

Mr.Freud
x4

Post by Mr.Freud » Mon, 17. Aug 20, 21:03

New version when? saw reddit post - that ship so sexy :twisted:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”