[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAirGate Overhaul v0.6

Post by DeadAirRT » Sun, 12. May 19, 23:05

boogieman335 wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 18:33
Great Mod. However something in the supplement is causing game crash for me. Tried it with new game start and it loaded once but frames were like at 2.00 or so. Then it wouldn't allow the game to start at all. Removed it and the game started normally. I am using the 2.50 beta version of the game.
I didn't test the mod with 2.5 as they were still making changes to it. It likely has something to do with them making alterations to HAT/ALI/SCA/MIN or it's just too much for your cpu to have full faction logic/jobs running on 4 more factions. Sorry for the trouble.

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Mon, 13. May 19, 08:07

Azran_Zala wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 17:14
Cool mod. Great work.
"Dead Air Jobs" + "supplement" sub-modules makes my FPS go kaput though :cry: (hope Im not missing much without it)
Same here. My game comes to a grinding halt. Very little works. My CPU (AMD FX-9590) only shows 30% being used, but the game is unbearably laggy. The game didnt have any issues until this most recent update and i added both these sub mods.

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Mon, 13. May 19, 10:35

2.50 Beta 4
Works fine for me, even has the Supply ships being used by AI and they spawn when starting a new game.
no crashes so far.

Yea lag is bit of an issue still I get the slowdowns sometimes as well, may or may not keep the heavy-hitting things installed out of beta but worth testing atm.
I would think the source of the lag for you tho is the CPU https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/I ... 7093vs1812, as the comparison vs what I have installed in my system atm is telling me that 8cores or not the AMD FX is not up to snuff for even Gen3 Intel.

The gap only gets worse when you factor in overclocking and right now my Xeon 1650 is sitting on 4.5ghz all six cores.
The only CPU's which are going to run heavy AI mods well enough would current gen Ryzen 2700's, thru to DeadAirs crazy I9 something, but even he gets lag with his overkill rig.
I think the supplements are a good test but for most of us we need to decide if we want more ships and active jobs or more factions because using both eventually is going to wreck the frame rate beyond enjoyable.
I mean if anyone was crazy enough to play X4 with AMD TR2 (thread ripper) I am sure it would run like butter.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

Azran_Zala
x4

Post by Azran_Zala » Mon, 13. May 19, 12:59

Azran_Zala wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 17:14
Will try "Jobs" without supplements. Argon seem to be dragging their feet without it - leaving HOP who are take over the universe :roll: .
Ran a little faster but still < 20 fsp (this now on 2.5b)

I'm wondering if decreasing the quota values in jobs might help.
See most of them are 99+; what are vanilla's average values?

PS: I7-7700, 16GB DDR4, NVMe 960Evo SSD, GTX-1050 ti 4GB
Last edited by Azran_Zala on Fri, 17. May 19, 06:21, edited 5 times in total.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Mon, 13. May 19, 21:03

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 23:05
boogieman335 wrote:
Great Mod. However something in the supplement is causing game crash for me. Tried it with new game start and it loaded once but frames were like at 2.00 or so. Then it wouldn't allow the game to start at all. Removed it and the game started normally. I am using the 2.50 beta version of the game.
I didn't test the mod with 2.5 as they were still making changes to it. It likely has something to do with them making alterations to HAT/ALI/SCA/MIN or it's just too much for your cpu to have full faction logic/jobs running on 4 more factions. Sorry for the trouble.
Update: I fixed the problem. It needed the updated beta version of factions to work with the 2.5 beta.

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Fri, 17. May 19, 01:23

I did a test of each of using the 2 submods individually and then both together.

Both together resulted in an unplayable lag.

Supplement had a few moments of lag spikes.... but very much playable.

Jobs had a long lag that would eventually make it so it took minutes for unknown ships to actually show up as what they were. (ingame lag) It wasnt unplayable, just rather annoying.

My results so far lead to me to believe that jobs is the one that cant be used with med-high end computers or lower. Not all of us have beasts! :D

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Fri, 24. May 19, 23:38

So i am curious, what features can we look forward to in the next update? What are some long term goals?

SladeTalon

Post by SladeTalon » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 13:59

So far love what i am seeing :) thank you!

i am having a strange issue
After i loaded the sub-mods, when trying to load the game i get a black screen for about a minute then it loads, but about 25% of the time it errors out pops up an error cant read from my CD drive.... any idea what would cause that?

scav_n_ger
x3ap

Post by scav_n_ger » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 13:25

How about stability?
I noticed the game crashes about 50% of the time when:
- Launching x4 (x4.exe has stopped working)
- loading the savegame

At first i thought this might be normal, since it is version 0.6 and all.
But i thought, asking around about your experience might uncover something i am doing wrong.

Tested on different systems
i5-3570k win7 with lots of mods
i5-3570k win 10 fresh install with only required mods
i9-9900kf win 10 fresh install with only required mods

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Wed, 3. Jul 19, 00:49

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sun, 12. May 19, 23:05
boogieman335 wrote:
Any planned updates for this incredible must have mod?

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Sat, 20. Jul 19, 07:55

Did this mod die?

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Sun, 11. Aug 19, 10:58

Hey guys, just as a FYI particually to the original author, I have gone ahead and given each sector a unique geography including the Supplement sectors. It really improves the visuals of the game, im not sure however I can post it without DeadAirRT's permission?

Motionblurr
x4

Post by Motionblurr » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 11:51

I wouldnt mind seeing your graphics addon mod, but i think the main mod has died.

teleportationwars

Post by teleportationwars » Mon, 12. Aug 19, 12:13

Hornet108 wrote:
Sun, 11. Aug 19, 10:58
Hey guys, just as a FYI particually to the original author, I have gone ahead and given each sector a unique geography including the Supplement sectors. It really improves the visuals of the game, im not sure however I can post it without DeadAirRT's permission?
He left it to the community, so go ahead. If you ping him on the discord I'm sure he would come around to tell you himself.

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Sun, 15. Sep 19, 20:01

I guys,can i put submods support,Teleportation wars and FOCW together or can only play with 1

kendrick

Post by kendrick » Sun, 15. Dec 19, 17:54

has any one gotten this to work with b3 ? i tried it and got nothing :(

heavyd842
x4

Post by heavyd842 » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 03:01

Has anyone been working on this or got this to work with beta 3.0? I've been playing with it a bit but can't seem to get ships to spawn after enabling DAG Jobs and Supplements plus patch. Seems the amount of ships gets cut in half each time I enable the next mod after DAGO. Pretty much can't do anything in the game now after getting the PHQ cause I can't locate a builder at all. I've put the adv satellites at about every jump gate and middle of the map in every sector in and around grand ex and nothing is working. Also, not sure if an issue with 3.0 but DAG God kills all stations from spawning. I like this mod (DAGO) but without a builder it's kind of hard to progress in the game. Oh and the other thing is no other stations spawn in any of the extra sectors. They only spawn in the known ones. I have a feeling it's something with DAG God that maps them but can't figure it out since I'm only just learning how to script in this atm.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 13:36

heavyd842 wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 03:01
Has anyone been working on this or got this to work with beta 3.0? I've been playing with it a bit but can't seem to get ships to spawn after enabling DAG Jobs and Supplements plus patch. Seems the amount of ships gets cut in half each time I enable the next mod after DAGO. Pretty much can't do anything in the game now after getting the PHQ cause I can't locate a builder at all. I've put the adv satellites at about every jump gate and middle of the map in every sector in and around grand ex and nothing is working. Also, not sure if an issue with 3.0 but DAG God kills all stations from spawning. I like this mod (DAGO) but without a builder it's kind of hard to progress in the game. Oh and the other thing is no other stations spawn in any of the extra sectors. They only spawn in the known ones. I have a feeling it's something with DAG God that maps them but can't figure it out since I'm only just learning how to script in this atm.
There is a breaking change in how 3.0 works with Jobs, basically, all of new jobs added by the mod need to have " matchextension="false" " in their location parameter, otherwise they will not spawn on new start and will not be rebuilt at shipyards. For example:

Code: Select all

<location class="galaxy" macro="xu_ep2_universe_macro" faction="argon" relation="self" comparison="exact" matchextension="false"/>
You can try to update all jobs yourself for it to work.

Hornet108
x4

Post by Hornet108 » Mon, 23. Dec 19, 14:30

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 13:36
There is a breaking change in how 3.0 works with Jobs, basically, all of new jobs added by the mod need to have "matchextension=false" in their location parameter, otherwise they will not spawn on new start and will not be rebuilt at shipyards.

<location class="galaxy" macro="xu_ep2_universe_macro" faction="argon" relation="self" comparison="exact" matchextension="false"/>
I did this, works fine. I used the extractor to unpack every mod I had, then did a find and replace on every jobs and god file to insert it in. Works for now, short term fix

heavyd842
x4

Post by heavyd842 » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 00:34

Shuulo wrote:
Mon, 23. Dec 19, 13:36
There is a breaking change in how 3.0 works with Jobs, basically, all of new jobs added by the mod need to have " matchextension="false" " in their location parameter, otherwise they will not spawn on new start and will not be rebuilt at shipyards. For example:

Ah! Got it working for ships again. Thank you. Hopefully after 3.0 officially comes out, we'll have this updated by the author.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”