[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 03:14

Motionblurr wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 02:28
This may sound dumb, but is there a map of the 3.0/expansion version?
Check the bottom of the first post in the spoilers. I'm not talented enough to combine multiple images with a partially transparent background :oops:

Only other option I can give, is to offer a copy of my paint.net file with all my planning and info on it (has layers so don't know what formats it can be other than pdn)

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 03:26

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:07
For those looking for a performance friendly'er version, please try this version of jobs.xml and let me know

Jobs.xml
For me with the new factions + supplement + jobs+ new sectors, its impossible... When I upgrade my CPU I will play your mod again surelly. Anyway nice job :D

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 04:06

jcdj wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 03:26
DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 1. Apr 20, 23:07
For those looking for a performance friendly'er version, please try this version of jobs.xml and let me know

Jobs.xml
For me with the new factions + supplement + jobs+ new sectors, its impossible... When I upgrade my CPU I will play your mod again surelly. Anyway nice job :D
You tried that jobs file and still no joy?

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 04:15

Unfortunately my CPU is even worse at i5-2500k....

My laptop is newer with an i5-9300H, which has about twice the score on passmark, but either way I'm only at 16 GB ram, and I used to have problems with crashing with slightly modded vanilla a year or so ago.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 04:58

The amount of sectors and factions added is insane.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 06:23

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 04:58
The amount of sectors and factions added is insane.
Thank you.

v3.01 is up
Improved AI movement when near waypoint, fixed some missing changes needed for fationlogic, added buccaneers blueprints, updated script changes for faction fix pack, changed md file names to lower-case(github completely ignored this update), added check for factions building too many shipyards/wharfs/tradestations/equipmentdocks.

Possible bug I'm trying to track down - After loading a game, god was activated 3 more times resulting in a very very large number of stations. Keep an eye out for sectors with multiple wharfs or tradestations

cicero111
x4

Post by cicero111 » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 09:19

Cyres wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 02:36
I have trouble installing the Gate overhaul from github. I'm at linux and went to ~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/X4 Foundations/extensions/. Then I cloned the repository into DeadAirGateOverhaul but when going ingame the mod is neither listed in extensions, nor the universe has changed. Do I oversee something?
The X4 Linux version does not like uppercase folder/file names (a general issue) - works when changing to lowercase. Quickfix when playing around with mods is running this in the extension folder:

Code: Select all

for i in $( ls | grep [A-Z] ); do mv -i "$i" "`echo $i | tr 'A-Z' 'a-z'`"; done

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 09:20

And don't remove -master as it will break stuff in my index files

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 10:18

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 04:06
I´ll try to test it more, but even with that xml I think the new factions and sectors+the mod are simply too much. So, testing time.

One more thing, I like dynamic war start because I love that starting position, but PHQ enabled makes Boron quest somewhat bugged, it spawns another PHQ, so , is there a way to start without the PHQ? I couldnt find the way to edit it.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 17:52

jcdj wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 10:18
DeadAirRT wrote:
I´ll try to test it more, but even with that xml I think the new factions and sectors+the mod are simply too much. So, testing time.

One more thing, I like dynamic war start because I love that starting position, but PHQ enabled makes Boron quest somewhat bugged, it spawns another PHQ, so , is there a way to start without the PHQ? I couldnt find the way to edit it.
It's a vanilla bug afaik. The easiest way to prevent it is to not accept his quest. My code for dynamic war start uses the code for scientist game start. I'll see about preventing that signal from spawning.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:50

jcdj wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 10:18
DeadAirRT wrote:
So i can keep making changes no problem but if possible, the following info would help: fps in shadows end empty space, fps in argon prime wharf, any large fps dips, and type of cpu. It may take a few different attempts but as it is right now, it's hard to adjust performance without having consistent data (since i can't really notice a difference myself)

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:47

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:50
So i can keep making changes no problem but if possible, the following info would help: fps in shadows end empty space, fps in argon prime wharf, any large fps dips, and type of cpu. It may take a few different attempts but as it is right now, it's hard to adjust performance without having consistent data (since i can't really notice a difference myself)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.50GHz
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 12gb

Empty Space/Shadows End: 40-50 fps even more in Shadows End.
Argon prime wharf ( early game ): 25-30 fps, for obvious reasons I cant test it in late game yet. And if no ships are being built, if they are, 15 fps.
Large FPS dips: Battles. Thats it, fleet battles, and I cant confirm it yet but in my last game when I used supplement+jobs it was a constant lag when I reached mid game and late game.
DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 17:52
It's a vanilla bug afaik. The easiest way to prevent it is to not accept his quest. My code for dynamic war start uses the code for scientist game start. I'll see about preventing that signal from spawning.
Yes please... I know that I can just not accept it, but I love the illegal playstyle and this requires to scan a lot of signals, so it becomes a problem...
Last edited by jcdj on Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:48

DeadAir i'm getting a lot of issues with ships using the tatertrader script fork you have. Ships constantly being unable to dock at split, argon, and paranid stations. Some traders work and some don't. Is there anything I can provide for you to help with that?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:34

jcdj wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:47
DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 18:50
CPU: Intel Core i5-4690 @ 3.50GHz
GPU: GTX 1060 6gb
RAM: 12gb

Empty Space/Shadows End: 40-50 fps even more in Shadows End.
Argon prime wharf ( early game ): 25-30 fps, for obvious reasons I cant test it in late game yet.
Large FPS dips: Battles. Thats it, fleet battles, and I cant confirm it yet but in my last game when I used supplement+jobs it was a constant lag when I reached mid game and late game.
DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 17:52
Yes please... I know that I can just not accept it, but I love the illegal playstyle and this requires to scan a lot of signals, so it becomes a problem...
Thank you, I'm working on story compatibility and a game breaking bug right now but I'll get another performance test out to you soon.

Just a quick question, have you saved and loaded the game? If you have loaded, can you check if any major faction has more than 2 wharfs (arg, hop, frf, par, tel, zya) or any minor has more than 1 (hat, ant, buc, cub, ali, faf, min, sca)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:37

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:48
DeadAir i'm getting a lot of issues with ships using the tatertrader script fork you have. Ships constantly being unable to dock at split, argon, and paranid stations. Some traders work and some don't. Is there anything I can provide for you to help with that?
I can take a look at it, haven't noticed any issues in my game but still worth double checking. Can you provide the settings you are using on a trader that is experiencing the issue, your relation with that faction, and if possible can you fly to that station and see if anything looks wrong (missing dock or some other strange things)?

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 21:31

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:34
Just a quick question, have you saved and loaded the game? If you have loaded, can you check if any major faction has more than 2 wharfs (arg, hop, frf, par, tel, zya) or any minor has more than 1 (hat, ant, buc, cub, ali, faf, min, sca)
It doesnt seems like this is happening... Strange question, but nope, thats still normal. If it happens I'll let you know.

BTW you mentioned that you are working in history compatibility, is there any issue with it now?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 21:34

jcdj wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 21:31
DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:34
It doesnt seems like this is happening... Strange question, but nope, thats still normal. If it happens I'll let you know.

BTW you mentioned that you are working in history compatibility, is there any issue with it now?
There are a few issues with the story stuff. I can't really go into it too much without giving spoilers.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 22:09

Ships not Docking ...if of any help DeadAiRT

viewtopic.php?f=192&t=423460

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 22:27

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 20:37
lordofpie7000 wrote:
Thu, 2. Apr 20, 19:48
I can take a look at it, haven't noticed any issues in my game but still worth double checking. Can you provide the settings you are using on a trader that is experiencing the issue, your relation with that faction, and if possible can you fly to that station and see if anything looks wrong (missing dock or some other strange things)?
About to go to work, but when I get off I'll do a test of those things and let you know. Though for the settings generally, the only thing I had set up was fast trade, 5 sector range of buy and sell, and they had their origin sectors set to the locations where they were built.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 2. Apr 20, 22:47

GateOverhaul
v3.01HF1

Fixed bug causing God to run multiple times causing up to 2x or more stations than intended after a game was saved and loaded.
Updated god quotas to be more specific.
Adjusted things to be more compatible with split story (needs testing).

If you saved with this mod enabled and loaded prior to this fix, you may have 2x or more the intended stations. My sincerest apologies for any trouble this may have caused.

Dynamic War Start
v1.06

Attempted to fix spawning of boron HQ mission chain station leak when you already have the HQ. (should also fix for any game start where you already have the HQ)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”