[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

master687

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by master687 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:56

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:36
master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:31
DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:03

So something must still be wrong. Windows 7 or Linux? If not, all you have to do is extract to base game extensions folder.
Yeah Win7
That's a bit trickier. Like you said, you will have to pack the files.

Is the split dlc in your documents folder or root game?
It was installed (and still is) in the root folder, I just tried to copy it to documents with the mod as a way to make it run.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:10

master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:56

It was installed (and still is) in the root folder, I just tried to copy it to documents with the mod as a way to make it run.
They would have to be in the same folder (root) to work. Did you try the mod packed in root and still had issues?

master687

Post by master687 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 18:01

DeadAirRT wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 17:10
master687 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 15:56

They would have to be in the same folder (root) to work. Did you try the mod packed in root and still had issues?
Yes, I packed it in the root extensions folder, with the dlc alongside of it in extensions, but it still results in the disconnected sectors.

EDIT

It's working now afer I removed the copied dlc folder that I left in the docs folder, probably it was taking precedence over the proper one. Anyway, thanks for your great mod, and for anyone who has troubles running the mod on Windows 7, use the X Catalog Tool to pack the mod's files (just the folders inside deadairgateoverhaul-master without content.xml and readme), and place the cat/dat files together with content.xml in deadairgateoverhaul-master in root/extensions.
Last edited by master687 on Sat, 4. Apr 20, 20:03, edited 2 times in total.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:56

I'll have to chalk up the bad fps to X4. While at worst this might take a few fps off the top, I can't understand losing 15-20 frames from this mod alone. It's unfortunate EGO reintroduced bad fps with the latest DLC.

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Sat, 4. Apr 20, 21:29

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Sat, 4. Apr 20, 19:56
I'll have to chalk up the bad fps to X4. While at worst this might take a few fps off the top, I can't understand losing 15-20 frames from this mod alone. It's unfortunate EGO reintroduced bad fps with the latest DLC.
Its strange, some people has more fps and better performance, while others ( like me and you ) have much worse performance.

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 03:24

Hey I noticed a user on reddit was getting duplicate wharfs but doesn't seem to be using any of your mods.

https://www.reddit.com/r/X4Foundations/ ... urce=share

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 06:44

DeadAir, considering our specs are relatively close how much are you usually sitting at fps wise?

I'm starting another new save with the custom start you made, but I'm trying it with the low-intensity jobs.xml you posted. Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard and low-intensity version? I really enjoy have the phq in Shadow's End, but maybe it's the satellites being placed at every gate that's causing the slowdowns? I'm not really sure, so I'm trying to isolate the reason.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:43

After the new DLC the game was pretty much un playable with this mod. So I removed it and did a new start. FPS back up and then I get to the Paranid sectors and they have built these huge equipment docks and the FPS drops to like 12. And its built right next door to a shipyard or Wharf. So I think maybe its not your mod, maybe its some bug in the new DLC causing these weird equipment dock ,shipyard things.

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Sun, 5. Apr 20, 12:55

boogieman335 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 08:43
After the new DLC the game was pretty much un playable with this mod. So I removed it and did a new start. FPS back up and then I get to the Paranid sectors and they have built these huge equipment docks and the FPS drops to like 12. And its built right next door to a shipyard or Wharf. So I think maybe its not your mod, maybe its some bug in the new DLC causing these weird equipment dock ,shipyard things.
It seems like some mods, faction fix included, have problems with this new dlc that duplicates shipyards...

ned228
x4

Post by ned228 » Mon, 6. Apr 20, 18:57

Could you make this mod compatible with ROR. That mod has been updated to 3.0. However when I use that mod with This mod the sectors for ROR do not appear. Both are the latest version.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 01:35

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Sun, 5. Apr 20, 06:44
DeadAir, considering our specs are relatively close how much are you usually sitting at fps wise?

I'm starting another new save with the custom start you made, but I'm trying it with the low-intensity jobs.xml you posted. Can you tell me what the difference is between the standard and low-intensity version? I really enjoy have the phq in Shadow's End, but maybe it's the satellites being placed at every gate that's causing the slowdowns? I'm not really sure, so I'm trying to isolate the reason.
I'm usually at around 90+ except inside certain stations. Taking a break for a few days until ego fixes this game.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 07:05

DeadAirRT wrote:
Tue, 7. Apr 20, 01:35
lordofpie7000 wrote:

I'm usually at around 90+ except inside certain stations. Taking a break for a few days until ego fixes this game.
Damn, I'm running as low as 23fps in some situations and not maxing beyond 63. Granted the main mods that would influence my fps are yours, Faction/Econ enhancer, and VRO.

I've tried the following combinations:

Vanilla - 55-90 fps
Deadair - 30-54 fps
Faction Enhancer - 30-50 fps
Deadair + FE + VRO - 20-45 fps
Deadair + FE = 20-45 fps

Station fps is bad throughout all of them though, with vanilla being 35-45 fps worst case, though that's been known for a while. Outside of the docks fps in vanilla is stable at 55-90. SO for anyone using any of those mods fps tanks pretty hard even on higher end systems. I'm not sure what ego did but the 3.0 does not play nice. 2.6 ran pretty smooth with my only real fps drops being in stations (expected). I don't think any of that really helps, but I tried to isolate where the issue might be, and sad to say that any major gameplay mods will tank fps pretty hard regardless of which one you use.

jcdj
x4

Post by jcdj » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 11:45

DeadAirRT wrote:
lordofpie7000 wrote:

I dont know if ego is aware about it... But I suppose they are. Take your deserved break and keep up the good work when you come back.

drhay53
x4

Post by drhay53 » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 22:02

I'm using your mods except for the gate overhaul, and all of the faction enhance mods. One oddity; there are no hydrogen or helium buy offers anywhere in the universe, after 25 hours in the save. Is there any way to debug this? Is it normal? I have never had more than 3 miners so it's not like there's an abnormal human contribution to the economy there.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 08:37

DeadAirRT wrote:
lordofpie7000 wrote:

Thanks for your hard-work. See you in 4.0.

ObsidianOne

Post by ObsidianOne » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:53

Is there any plan for light version of Gate Overhaul ?

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 9. Apr 20, 20:10

ObsidianOne wrote:
Thu, 9. Apr 20, 18:53
Is there any plan for light version of Gate Overhaul ?
Less sectors? No.

Less ships? Already available.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 02:36

DeadAir just a heads up, not sure if you know, but the build speed for split modules isn't scaled with the build speed of other races structures. Maybe this was a feature of DeadAir ware? I'm not really sure.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 18:50

lordofpie7000 wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 02:36
DeadAir just a heads up, not sure if you know, but the build speed for split modules isn't scaled with the build speed of other races structures. Maybe this was a feature of DeadAir ware? I'm not really sure.
It's just something i had not gotten around to but will fix. I have to do a lot of changes to wares.xml in all my mods so i kind of wanted to find a way to automate writing all the diffs. Going through ownership for 12 factions on all the wares isn't very fun.

lordofpie7000
x4

Post by lordofpie7000 » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 01:22

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 18:50
lordofpie7000 wrote:
Fri, 10. Apr 20, 02:36
It's just something i had not gotten around to but will fix. I have to do a lot of changes to wares.xml in all my mods so i kind of wanted to find a way to automate writing all the diffs. Going through ownership for 12 factions on all the wares isn't very fun.
I can totally understand that. I only asked because I dug into the wares module (I knew it wasn't updated yet) and only saw production times but not necessarily anything related to station build times which is why it made me think it was a main module thing. To be fair scripting for X is something I still don't understand the structure of yet. You're a smart individual for trying to write something to automate the process.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”