[MOD]DeadAir Mods

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

bbn
x4

Re: [MOD]DeadAir Mods

Post by bbn » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:10

Funny that you wrote that at this moment. As in the meantime I switched to github versions of the mod and started googling about overclocking (never did that in the past so I'm extra cautious about it). I actually didn't realise that my CPU is not that bad and runs at 4.28ghz...

I'm yet not sure if it's just bias as I'm expecting fps improvements, but so far so good. Just after start in BHS I had around 90fps. Now I'm mining crystals in Argon Prime and I have around 60fps, with occasional drops to 30. I'm guessing that's because universe is yet in flux with first battles between factions just starting (just 1h in).

Plus it seems to work without issues on 3.20 beta 2. It = Gate Overhaul + dynamic wars + wares.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Tue, 26. May 20, 22:52

djrygar wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 21:04
bbn wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 12:01
Now I get around 40-50 fps (after couple of hours) and I bet that when the game progresses and my empire gets bigger it will get much worse, to unplayable levels... Guess the time to h/w upgrade is approaching...
I have Ryzen 3700x, which is probably similar or worse with performance to your CPU (since 1-2 thread performance is all that matters here, game barely uses more, and Intel is better at that).
Check if you can overclock it a bit - there is not much sense in upgrading since new Intel CPUs are basically the same as yours, just overclocked more. There has been zero progress in IPC performance since 2-3 years.
Also, using last GitHub version of DAGO - and performance improvements are huge. I don't know how many fps is there, but I could turn on vsync and there is not much stuttering, which is great. Game is now pretty smooth, and I have more than 50 hours on this save (started new game pretty much just as DeadAir published this beta stuff, checklist looked too tempting), so its new playtrough with latest version of script from the start. I don't really see perf degradation after this time.

I just cannot wait for this big attack fleets feature. DA, pleeease...
FOWC does not really work well, once I enabled DA Ware, Xenons cannot punch trough, actually noone can, defences on all sides are just too good for everyone. Default war fleets are too weak.

small sidenote re: Ware. It looks like it fixes hull parts hunger, but stations now seem deperate for energy cells. Including shipyards.
Maybe adding solar panels to few fabs would be good idea? (just to few types, like just for shipyards or hi-tech or ship-tech complexes)
First thing player does is building cell fab, no reason why AI would not do it except for leaving artificial hole for player to fill.
I'm still working on tweaking the economy more and more so the energy cell feedback helps. Quick question, does it seem like a supply issue or transportation issue? As in, are there a lot for sale or are most stations empty?

bbn
x4

Post by bbn » Wed, 27. May 20, 00:00

djrygar... your replay was timely indeed! It nudged me to overclock and not spent countless hours on reading how to do it :mrgreen:. It seemed that my pc was also built for OC so it was fairly easy to up the clock to 4.4GHz. 1h of gameplay later z I'm observing steady 70+ fps while crystal farming near ARG Whatf (+20 fps). Thanks! :mrgreen:

As for ecells shortages - will keep an eye on this in my save as well and report how it goes after some in game time passes...

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 27. May 20, 00:54

djrygar wrote:
Tue, 26. May 20, 21:04
I just cannot wait for this big attack fleets feature. DA, pleeease...
Btw, need some help deciding

Should attack fleets only target sectors that are adjacent to their space, or any sector owned by the faction they are targeting?

I feel like adjacent would be better but need to take a break anyways. Let me know what you think.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Wed, 27. May 20, 02:00

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 00:54
Should attack fleets only target sectors that are adjacent to their space, or any sector owned by the faction they are targeting?
Adjacent-only according to Mysterial is how vanilla behaves, so simple scaling up of vanilla jobs would archieve that.
Since you're diggging in it, it would be great to have something else than vanilla. Also, since there are so many choke-points on map (both in tactical scale in form of gates and strategical in form of sector-corridors), adjacent only is prone to stalling.
I can describe algo that we used in Improved Races in X3. we basically allowed attacking over neutral sectors, picking the closest enemy sector on route (since fleet going trough several enemy sectors was weakened in sporadic battles. Later I added possibility of attacking further sectors and it was super interesting to watch as bystander and created interesting developments on map. Also made player feeling less secure even deep in friendly territory, which is great. Mostly those further raids were unsuccesfull, but still fun. Depends of intent. If this has to be takeover attempt, it should be closest enemy sector to have higher chance of success. If purpose is to weaken enemy's economy, picking random and destroy as much as they can on route;)
From what I have seen, Xenons behave this way so script is already there to be used for the raiding behaviour, they destroy few fabs and move to next sector, very effective (because often they avoid counterattack/patrol if its too slow to arrive).
Maybe mixing those two strats would be most interesting. Deep raids into enemy territory and takeover attacks on closest sectors bypassing neutral ones.

What I don't like about adjacent-only is 2 things. It creates empty sectors that can be taken by player, which stops war in area (when player neutral to both sides) and worse thing - it is so damn predictable (ie boring, lowers replayability). I would love to see more connectivity of sectors (less 2-gate sectors) and randomness in attack directions that would come with it (especially combined with not-adjacent-only approach) - but thats something to think about later. I haven't though about it much myself, but my impression is that currently factions are pretty separated from each other.

Re; energy cells - i just noticed that when waiting for ship to be built, so checked demands of shipyards, and was surprised they wanted EC not usual high tech stuff they always lacked (like smartchips or electronics), then I noticed they are buying EC from my complex even at higher prices, which was unusual. But havent investigated further, will take a closer look. I have abundance of jobless traders in my game, so its definitely not transport thing. I think you changed how hull parts are produced, and that changed demand for cells. Solar Fabs are pretty rare, they mostly support building sites/shipyards in vanilla i think.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 27. May 20, 02:48

Jobless traders aren't a thing. One, the vanilla script is slow as hell. Two, if they actually can't find any trades then it means either supply is too high or demand is to high. It sounds like my changes to make energy cells actually needed is working. In vanilla, every ec station is practically always full and selling at minimum price. Just wanted to clarify that point.

FE actually already adds surgical strikes on stations behind enemy lines so it wouldn't necessarily be something new, but the scale would be a bit higher.

Taeluuen

Post by Taeluuen » Wed, 27. May 20, 08:37

Hey, great set of mods. I started a play through with gate overhaul, fill, and ware a couple hours ago. I've tested with a dynamic war start and without. I'm using the newest versions from github.

This may be intended, I don't know, but I wanted to check with you just in case. Nividium seems to be getting replenished by fill. All trade stations except for TEL and MIN start off with >125k Nividium buy offers. Once I brought them down to 0 they were set back to around 70k. This seems to match the values fill is shooting for.

Is this a bug? Or is it just a way to get to the end game quickly?

Thanks

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Wed, 27. May 20, 10:19

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 02:48
Jobless traders aren't a thing. One, the vanilla script is slow as hell.

FE actually already adds surgical strikes on stations behind enemy lines so it wouldn't necessarily be something new, but the scale would be a bit higher.
it might not be DAGO thing, FE built whole lot of factories which also changes balance of needs, it may be just RNG in my game and temporary coincidence. So, do not haste for changes in this area. It just needs a look in several different sessions. I see plenty of ships being built, so economy generally works, quite a difference from previous save without Ware when shipyards were struggling.

Also notice that I am not using Fill, which you probably use, and that might be quite a difference. Description felt cheaty to me, so I have not installed it (spawning things of of thin air is not very RTS-kosher ;) )

Jobless traders are FE thing I think, I have swarms of them near wharves and shipyards (like 20-30 traders circling in many core sectors). I seen that in almost all games. It's a form of buffer I think, so if Xenons kill many of them while camping next to gate, there is replacement ready to go (and postpones resource drain when they need to be replaced)

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 27. May 20, 16:49

Taeluuen wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 08:37
Hey, great set of mods. I started a play through with gate overhaul, fill, and ware a couple hours ago. I've tested with a dynamic war start and without. I'm using the newest versions from github.

This may be intended, I don't know, but I wanted to check with you just in case. Nividium seems to be getting replenished by fill. All trade stations except for TEL and MIN start off with >125k Nividium buy offers. Once I brought them down to 0 they were set back to around 70k. This seems to match the values fill is shooting for.

Thanks
It is intended. It really is up to you to decide if you want make money off nividium or not. If you feel it's too easy, don't do it. If not, enjoy the steady stream of credits so you can enjoy the station building, fighting, and larger scale operations.

Taeluuen

Post by Taeluuen » Wed, 27. May 20, 19:32

DeadAirRT wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 16:49
Taeluuen wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 08:37

Thanks
It is intended. It really is up to you to decide if you want make money off nividium or not. If you feel it's too easy, don't do it. If not, enjoy the steady stream of credits so you can enjoy the station building, fighting, and larger scale operations.
Okay. Fair enough. Thanks for the info.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 28. May 20, 00:09

djrygar wrote:
Wed, 27. May 20, 10:19
My very first test of the code has an SCA fleet attacking my system :twisted:

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 28. May 20, 09:21

hah, wonderful!
waiting patiently :")

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Thu, 28. May 20, 10:24

Hi! First my apreciation for the hard work. I'd never start editing the map without a full-working galaxy editor. That alone requires eternal patience. That's one of the reasons I still play X3 now, I could rearrange the galaxy in a few days thanks to the various editors... my "technical" question: did you remove the superhighways for choice or bc it is complicated to write them in the map? As much as I hate the local highways, find the ones connecting say a planet to its moons very immersive. Hoped ego had used more, instead of directly jumping in the low orbit of a planet through the gates. I would like to edit them in the vanilla map to have more zones connected inside the sectors through superhw. What do you suggest? Thanks again for your work!

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 28. May 20, 12:08

Realspace wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 10:24
Hi! First my apreciation for the hard work. I'd never start editing the map without a full-working galaxy editor.
viewtopic.php?f=181&t=411271

seen that?

afaik removing highways is easy, creating quite hard

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 28. May 20, 15:34

Realspace wrote:
Hi! First my apreciation for the hard work. I'd never start editing the map without a full-working galaxy editor. That alone requires eternal patience. That's one of the reasons I still play X3 now, I could rearrange the galaxy in a few days thanks to the various editors... my "technical" question: did you remove the superhighways for choice or bc it is complicated to write them in the map? As much as I hate the local highways, find the ones connecting say a planet to its moons very immersive. Hoped ego had used more, instead of directly jumping in the low orbit of a planet through the gates. I would like to edit them in the vanilla map to have more zones connected inside the sectors through superhw. What do you suggest? Thanks again for your work!
So i removed them because of the sector reorganization and they generally over complicate a lot of movement scripts. That being said,

I have attempted multiple times to create my own highway mod for my map but it is very difficult. I have managed to perfectly calculate their position and get them mostly working but there are some issues i was unable to solve. The ai would not stay on the highway all the way out of the sector and would exit about 10km from the gate, thus rendering them useless. Someone suggested it was because i didn't have a highway on the other side which is possible, but it is hard to justify creating tons of them just to find out it doesn't work.

I will probably revisit that mod and attempt to get them working but it is about as fun working on them as a colonoscopy lol

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Thu, 28. May 20, 16:41

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 15:34
Realspace wrote:
So i removed them because of the sector reorganization and they generally over complicate a lot of movement scripts. That being said,

I have attempted multiple times to create my own highway mod for my map but it is very difficult. I have managed to perfectly calculate their position and get them mostly working but there are some issues i was unable to solve. The ai would not stay on the highway all the way out of the sector and would exit about 10km from the gate, thus rendering them useless. Someone suggested it was because i didn't have a highway on the other side which is possible, but it is hard to justify creating tons of them just to find out it doesn't work.

I will probably revisit that mod and attempt to get them working but it is about as fun working on them as a colonoscopy lol
Personally not having Highways is one of the features I like best. I 've always since Rebirth thought that if I wanted to play on a highway I would of got a racing game or just get in my pickup and go to town. LOL . That being said I wish one of you would maybe make a mod with a planetary landing aspect. Maybe use an accelarator to get back to orbit. I saw a you tube where a guy did one with a gate but I have yet to see a mod released.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 28. May 20, 16:57

boogieman335 wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 16:41
Personally not having Highways is one of the features I like best. I 've always since Rebirth thought that if I wanted to play on a highway I would of got a racing game or just get in my pickup and go to town. LOL . That being said I wish one of you would maybe make a mod with a planetary landing aspect. Maybe use an accelarator to get back to orbit. I saw a you tube where a guy did one with a gate but I have yet to see a mod released.
I was planning on making it an optional sub mod.

As to the planetary thing, i would honestly have no clue how to do it. I'm also not artistic at all in case you couldn't tell from the lack of creativity in my sector designs lol.

boogieman335
x4

Post by boogieman335 » Thu, 28. May 20, 20:36

DeadAirRT wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 16:57
boogieman335 wrote:
Thu, 28. May 20, 16:41
I was planning on making it an optional sub mod.

As to the planetary thing, i would honestly have no clue how to do it. I'm also not artistic at all in case you couldn't tell from the lack of creativity in my sector designs lol.
I have only found 2 mods that really add sectors and yours is by far the best so don't sell yourself short. As to the planetary thing like I said a guy did a you tube video about it back when the game first came out but it is basically just a dock with atmosphere around it and a big gate up in the sky overhead to jump back to orbit. I don't know how he did the background but it does prove the concept. But I can see it working with maybe an accelarator instead of the gate. I just think it would be kind of a cool option to have a few sectors where you could go to the planet. Maybe somebody will see this and make it happen. As for me I don't know squat about .xml modding. I used to do some ship mods and interiors in X3, but even though I own Rebirth i never played it much, got in to modding Silent Hunter 5 and just came back to the X games with Foundations.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 29. May 20, 02:05

DeadAir Dynamic Wars
v1.24

Made split vendetta dependency optional, added more debugging tools (not enabled by default), reduced weighting for faction recently selected, new feature adjusts factions mood depending on recent events (should affect how many ships they use for invasions). TODO: implement defense pacts, call for aid, and penalties for not supporting allies.

DeadAir Fill
v1.23

Integrated SirNukes options menu.

DeadAir Gate
v3.2 Test

Rewrote AI trade ranges, wrote 'flee' improvements, gave legal pirate traders the ability to use cover as well, implemented security/economy restrictions to some jobs (in progress), increased NPC empty deploy-able space to ease burden on economy, changed sectors with duplicate names, fixed bug with teladianium modules introduced in 3.1, improved faction paintjobs introduced in 3.1, reverted resource nerfs implemented in 3.0, added options menu for flagship fleets.

New feature: Flagship fleets. Large fleets that will defend their faction's shipyards and occasionally be tasked with attacking EVERYTHING an enemy owns in a sector. If they survive, they will return to their shipyard to restock, repair, and prepare for another attack. Todo: notifications, balancing, incorporate VRO battleships if mod is present

DeadAir Ware
v1.31

increased advanced electronics output, increased production time of ship modules (35s XL, 30s L. 25s M, 20s S), increased scanning arrays output.
v1.31v2

decreased production time of ship modules (20s XL, 15s L. 10s M, 5s S) introduced in 1.31

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Fri, 29. May 20, 10:27

oh my, testing!

thanks for such a quick drop!
------------------------------
Is gateovehaul compatible with Split plotline? I think I uncovered all gates in ZYA space, but nothing triggers.
might be vanilla bug or something with map

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”