[HELP] [BUG] Random Game Over

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vectorial1024
x4

[HELP] [BUG] Random Game Over

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 17:56

First off, I have no idea where this post should belong to, so Admins, feel free to move this thread around.

Alright.

I have been experiencing this very strange and annoying behavior today. Basically, what happens is that I am flying around, and suddenly, I died. What is strange is that the "Game Over" splash text might appear distorted from the center, or even be invisible. I cannot see any explosion of my ship - hell, I can't even see my ship at all inside the supposedly "game over scene". It was flying smooth one moment, and then I died, and got sent back to the main menu, making me lose a whole bunch of progress.

An example would be me flying in Argon Prime near a Ore Refinery. There are definitely no enemy ships nearby. While I was trying to approach e.g. the Ore Refinery module, the phenomenon happened, and I died.

I am using the game version v2.21 (341463), and I am using these mods:
  • No Fog
  • Better Economy v4.1
  • Crystal Finder
  • EquipNoRNG
  • Faction Enhancer - War
  • Faction Enhancer - Catchup
  • Faction Enhancer - Econ AI
  • Faster Explorer
  • Foundations of Conquest and War
  • HQ no asteroid
  • Improved Explore Behavior
  • Mission Rewards Overhaul
  • Paintjobs for Sale
  • Pirate HQ Up
  • Real Warships
  • Better Tractor Beam
  • The Teleportation Wars 2
  • Trade Station Econ Fix
I highly doubt it is the mods that are causing the errors.

Since the error occurs at random, I figured it would be impossible for me to try to reproduce. So I am asking, does this mod combination cause this random death behavior for others as well? Could this be something related to the game engine?

Thanks in advance guys!
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

DeadAirRT
x4

Re: [HELP] [BUG] Random Game Over

Post by DeadAirRT » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 18:37

If you are able to reproduce it, try running the game with -logfile debuglog.txt -scriptlogfiles to see if anything coincides with the death.

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Wed, 3. Apr 19, 20:09

I think I am getting onto something: once in a while, my game would freeze up for some seconds, and then clear up. This seems to be a regular event.

I luckily have a save-file made just before this event. And, as I repeatedly load this file to test, I found out that most of the time, the game simply freezes and then clears up. The rest of them, I think it simply made me die in the game directly.

I summarize by hypothesizing that there is an event E that happens regularly. There are only two outcomes to E: (1) the game freezes up and clears up soon afterwards (higher chance); (2) I die out of nowhere (lower chance).

Will need some more time to look at the debug log to figure out what in tarnation is going on.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

Vectorial1024
x4

Post by Vectorial1024 » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 16:34

While I still am unable to reproduce the random death, I think I have discovered a bug.

When I am running with this mod combination, I sometimes get these kinds of errors:

Code: Select all

[General] 18184.61 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 18184.61 D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X4 Foundations/(): (from presentation 'ui/widget/presentations/widget_fullscreen/widget_fullscreen.bgf') GetCellContent(): invalid table ID 6 - table might have been destroyed already.
[General] 18184.61 ======================================

[General] 18180.88 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 18180.88 D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X4 Foundations/(): (from presentation 'ui/widget/presentations/widget_fullscreen/widget_fullscreen.bgf') GetCellContent(): invalid table ID 6 - table might have been destroyed already.
[General] 18180.88 ======================================

[General] 18177.77 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 18177.77 D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X4 Foundations/(): (from presentation 'ui/widget/presentations/widget_fullscreen/widget_fullscreen.bgf') GetCellContent(): invalid table ID 6 - table might have been destroyed already.
[General] 18177.77 ======================================
I have no idea on how to proceed from here.
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Thu, 4. Apr 19, 19:20

Those errors are fairly common. It's just a ui but that doesn't affect gameplay from what I've seen.

What type of ship were you flying when you died instantly? What sector were you in?

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”