Export game data to 3rd party tool

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

socres
x4

Export game data to 3rd party tool

Post by socres » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 15:29

Hi,

I am searching for a solution for several days without success :evil: and hope someone can give me a hint.
Currently I'm building a controller for x4. I want to extend my x52pro with a additional plate with some buttons, axis-controllers, rotary encoders, switches, keypad, leds and displays. I'm using arduino nanos interconnected with I²C to get the nessessary amount of io-pins and a master connected with usb. The inputs will make use of a HID-Library making a normal joystick and keybard.
So the controlling itself is not the problem.
Additionaly I want to signalize some things with led (incomming missile, status of autopilot, status of landing request etc) and on the two lcd-displays I want to see selected primary and secondary weapon and ammunition and on the other some dynamic status like communication selection and ship status.
Therefor I need to read the nessessary information from the game and put it to my controlling application which sends it to the displays.

Is there any way to do this? Any "API-Mod" or such a thing? :?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Export game data to 3rd party tool

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 8. Apr 19, 17:43

it should be pretty simple to output that data to some kind of Interface file. basically a <debug_to_file name="'Your_file.txt'" folder="'your_logs'" text="'your_output'"/> in an md file which gets all the info you want and writes that file with said command.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

socres
x4

Post by socres » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 09:26

Yeah, that's what I need. Is there any kind of an example out there where I could look how to make this work? :D

Cg089
x4

Post by Cg089 » Tue, 9. Apr 19, 19:58

I know I'm that guy who's always plugging it but I recommend chatting with people on the unofficial discord, a lot of the modders are in the modding channel and are generally happy to help https://discord.gg/RzAGhcY. Also, besides that, look at the stickied threads in this forum, if there's a written tutorial about it, it should be in one of those.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”