[QUESTION] Combat maneuvers, M6 VS Xenon K

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

swatti
x4

[QUESTION] Combat maneuvers, M6 VS Xenon K

Post by swatti » Mon, 15. Apr 19, 17:16

Can the behaviour of ships M and below be altered somehow?

I just used 3 squads of 10 corvettes against a Xenon K and they were terribad. All 3 squads were single type of ships; The nemesis, Cerberus and Minotaur.

Mostly the ships just loiter around 8-12 km from the K and some dare to get close, only to be chewn by the Ks guns one by one.

The fight was too sad to watch so i just swapped over to a plasma-armed mino and wasted the K in couple minutes.

Some ideas came to my mind, simple behaviour

(ordered to attack target)
Not in range of guns? Get in range. Target faster then me? Use travel drive, if 1-3 km from target and above 50% shields, boost to target.

Target hittin me? If larger than me, Evade, fly a corkscrew and distance from the target. If smaller, evade and fly towards.
Shields above XX%? Re-engage. If not, continue to avade or attack if target close / cant flee.

Each of these conditions and results would be modified by the target the unit is attacking and if its in a squad or not. Certain actions would become aviable as the pilot gains more experience.

----------------------

Anywasys... How is the behaviour calculated? If i knew how, i'd love to try and mod that a bit.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”