NPC clothes mod?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mr.WHO
x4

NPC clothes mod?

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:29

I see that X4 finally started to gain some ship mods, but what about making NPC models to looks like actual profesional space crew, rather than the bunch of hobos in track suits?

Some kind of mod that would make sure that captain looks like captain, pilot like a pilot (and not a Jason Statham in fancy gray suit), marine like a marine.

Also maybe player faction suits colors chained to default faction colors and logo set in Player Empire options?
I mean already player space suit model has player logo on the model, so I think it would be possible to slap the logo on NPC models.

nickolaiproblem
x4

Re: NPC clothes mod?

Post by nickolaiproblem » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 12:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:29
I see that X4 finally started to gain some ship mods, but what about making NPC models to looks like actual profesional space crew, rather than the bunch of hobos in track suits?

Some kind of mod that would make sure that captain looks like captain, pilot like a pilot (and not a Jason Statham in fancy gray suit), marine like a marine.

Also maybe player faction suits colors chained to default faction colors and logo set in Player Empire options?
I mean already player space suit model has player logo on the model, so I think it would be possible to slap the logo on NPC models.
This would be cool idea especially if your trying to create an empire or company

Général Grievous
x4

Post by Général Grievous » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 17:17

Yeah, totaly a feature i would love to see!
It should not be a big amount of work for Ego. It's too bad they did not spend any time on this feature.
Last edited by Général Grievous on Thu, 25. Apr 19, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Zhukov1945

Post by Zhukov1945 » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 19:31

1000% agreed with you

Nifhtyeq

Post by Nifhtyeq » Wed, 8. May 19, 01:20

mr.WHO wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:29

Bump I hope this thread inspires a modders to want make this.

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Wed, 8. May 19, 01:56

i can only encourage you to pick up modeling. we are like 2-3 people who create models. in fact i only know of myself... sco sometimes does this herself but i think shes busy with her RotOR mod (is the similarity of RotOR and KotOR intentional? )

cadius said he started to do ships but i havent heard anything from him for quite some time now, ojump is doing his Dawn of rebirth. actually i think he could release something very soon and then there is the star wars mod which actually progresses very slowly.

what i wanna say: your only chance of getting other cloths is probably making them yourself. ill provide as much support and knowledge i can to anyone who want to try himself on this.
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. May 19, 17:28

BrummBear02 wrote:
Wed, 8. May 19, 01:56
what i wanna say: your only chance of getting other cloths is probably making them yourself. ill provide as much support and knowledge i can to anyone who want to try himself on this.
You want me to spawn demon abominations that would make X-Rebirth NPC looks like Victoria Secret's? I think the world is not ready for this :)

Nifhtyeq

Post by Nifhtyeq » Thu, 9. May 19, 02:25

BrummBear02 wrote:
Wed, 8. May 19, 01:56
i can only encourage you to pick up modeling. we are like 2-3 people who create models. in fact i only know of myself... sco sometimes does this herself but i think shes busy with her RotOR mod (is the similarity of RotOR and KotOR intentional? )

cadius said he started to do ships but i havent heard anything from him for quite some time now, ojump is doing his Dawn of rebirth. actually i think he could release something very soon and then there is the star wars mod which actually progresses very slowly.

I mean what kinda basic modding skills do I need for a clothes mod?

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Thu, 9. May 19, 12:19

I didn't look into that but I would guess you need to change some xml files and do a model of the new clothes. I would start by rummaging through the assets xml files to find out how things work and maybe join the discord server to ask for help
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

SirFrancisDrake
x4

Post by SirFrancisDrake » Thu, 9. May 19, 13:03

Hi,

if I assume that the npc work in X4 as well as in XRebirth then it will not be easy.
The clothes are in .xac format and arc_converter unfortunately can not handle xac files.
You can import xac to blender / 3dmax, but the export to .xac does not work properly.

At least I did not manage it and I have tried many times. :-)

My hopes rest on Cg089 tool. Maybe it will be possible to bring in new npc.
I still have some npc assets here, which I would like to bring to XRebirth.

Greetings,
SirFrancisDrake

Staberind
x4

Post by Staberind » Thu, 9. May 19, 14:09

A couple of points : Image
Also, the format for characters in X4 is supported by lumberyard and I think that can import and export fine, I have downloaded it, but not actually done anything yet, however, if lumberyard can also import/export other formats, tools for npc editing in other games might be used, like calliente's formidable F4 & SSE Clothing/character editors.
so, clothing mods are quite possible, not to mention, probably planned by egosoft already. ;)
Aladna Hill, Again, AP, 3.1. in the last Game worthy of the "X" title. <<<< X4 might just be changing this. :?:

SirFrancisDrake
x4

Post by SirFrancisDrake » Thu, 9. May 19, 15:29

If I remember correctly, I read some time ago that using EmotionFX actor files xac is not possible in lumberyard. When i read that amazon bought EmotionFX for lumberyard, that was my idea too. :-)

But it would be great if it would work. If it works, then please send me a message. I am very interested in bringing new npc into XRebirth.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. May 19, 16:48

Staberind wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 14:09
Also, the format for characters in X4 is supported by lumberyard and I think that can import and export fine, I have downloaded it, but not actually done anything yet, however, if lumberyard can also import/export other formats, tools for npc editing in other games might be used, like calliente's formidable F4 & SSE Clothing/character editors.
so, clothing mods are quite possible, not to mention, probably planned by egosoft already. ;)
That is an interesting finding, but this will probably come with next X-Game (aka X4:TC or X4:AP :D ).

Also I tremble on a word "mod" - if this would be like "weapon mod" then you would have to manually apply it to each single NPC with no way to mass assign them :(

Nifhtyeq

Post by Nifhtyeq » Fri, 10. May 19, 21:06

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 16:48
Staberind wrote:
Thu, 9. May 19, 14:09
That is an interesting finding, but this will probably come with next X-Game (aka X4:TC or X4:AP :D ).

Also I tremble on a word "mod" - if this would be like "weapon mod" then you would have to manually apply it to each single NPC with no way to mass assign them :(
Or enabled in later updates.

loggy
x4

Post by loggy » Wed, 9. Oct 19, 06:13

"Vacuum Flowers" clothes mod ftw!

Anobody read that book by Michael Swanwick? Don't look at the cover girl - that's not the clothes she/they actually wear...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”