[MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Tenebris Messorem

[MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

Post by Tenebris Messorem » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 17:38

Author: Tenebris Messorem
X4 Version: 2.51
Mod Version: 1.00

Description: Removes all Africans NPC from the game. The creator of the Space Diversity mod currently is not playing the game, so I decided to update his mod (He allowed it). Mod created exclusively for cosmetic purposes. African characters are represented by mediocre hairstyles (such as stereotypical dreadlocks) and at the moment can spoil the impression of the game.

User Damocles_ discovered the reason why more black NPC appeared than white (Egosoft planned a 50/50 ratio, read the thread). So this can also be considered a temporary fix until Egosoft eliminates the statistical anomaly.

This mod does not carry a political and ideological overtones. If you see it in it, this is your problem and you can not use the mod.

https://pastebin.com/HKz1dNA8
Post-link: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=416519&start=60#p486563
Download-link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CxsKk ... sPLWUsbjPP

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [MOD] Space Diversity and Justice

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 22:47

This thread has been reported for "Racism". However, I do not see the racism here. If someone chooses to mod their own game or use a mod that removes NPC's from the game, that is their own choice. No racist terms are being used here from what I can see either. Hopefully another moderator can weigh in and give their opinion on this? I am not convinced there are any racist intentions here. What if someone only wanted male NPC's in their game, or Female Npc's in their game, or all Asian NPC's? Would those be considered racism or sexism issues? I will leave this to another moderator if they wish to wade into this.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:39

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 22:47
This thread has been reported for "Racism". However, I do not see the racism here. If someone chooses to mod their own game or use a mod that removes NPC's from the game, that is their own choice. No racist terms are being used here from what I can see either. Hopefully another moderator can weigh in and give their opinion on this? I am not convinced there are any racist intentions here. What if someone only wanted male NPC's in their game, or Female Npc's in their game, or all Asian NPC's? Would those be considered racism or sexism issues? I will leave this to another moderator if they wish to wade into this.
"Space Diversity and Justice" - "Removes all Africans NPC from the game."

If you can't see it, then i really don't know. xD

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:42

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:39
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 22:47
"Space Diversity and Justice" - "Removes all Africans NPC from the game."

If you can't see it, then i really don't know. xD
Are you forced to use it? No. So now we need to police what people do in their own games? Or do you have an issue with him calling them African NPCs? Then what should they be referred to as? Would you have a problem if there was a mod that removed all "European NPC's"? or all "Male NPC's"? Either way I wouldn't care. No racial slurs are used, no derogatory terms, no one being denied a public service, no one being discriminated against (unless you count NPC's?).

BrummBear02
x3ap

Post by BrummBear02 » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:43

nvm this.
Last edited by BrummBear02 on Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
Gebt mir einen Spiegel dann schlage ich ihn mit seinem eigenen Gesicht

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:47

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:42
Are you forced to use it? No. So now we need to police what people do in their own games? Or do you have an issue with him calling them African NPCs? Then what should they be referred to as? Would you have a problem if there was a mod that removed all "European NPC's"? or all "Male NPC's"? Either way I wouldn't care. No racial slurs are used, no derogatory terms.
It seems you really don't get it. It's not really the action itself to remove npcs from the game... it's rather the mod title that renders the entire thing racist. Or would u call it "diverse" and "just" to remove all africans? :D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:48

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:47
BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:42
Are you forced to use it? No. So now we need to police what people do in their own games? Or do you have an issue with him calling them African NPCs? Then what should they be referred to as? Would you have a problem if there was a mod that removed all "European NPC's"? or all "Male NPC's"? Either way I wouldn't care. No racial slurs are used, no derogatory terms.
It seems you really don't get it. It's not really the action itself to remove npcs from the game... it's rather the mod title that renders the entire thing racist. Or would u call it "diverse" and "just" to remove all african americans? :D
I didn't take it to mean that honestly. Perhaps a change in the name of the mod would do then, although I still don't think it is an issue but I could see how people might get that idea. I took it to be a play on words for the social justice movement. By the way, it's not that I "didn't get it". I don't agree with that perspective. Anyway, another moderator also agrees that no rules have been necessarily broken here.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 00:07

BlackRain wrote:
Sat, 27. Apr 19, 23:48
I didn't take it to mean that honestly. Perhaps a change in the name of the mod would do then, although I still don't think it is an issue but I could see how people might get that idea. I took it to be a play on words for the social justice movement. By the way, it's not that I "didn't get it". I don't agree with that perspective. Anyway, another moderator also agrees that no rules have been necessarily broken here.
Well okay then. Ppl obviously see it differently, otherwise it wouldn't have been reported. And i agree that calling it "Diversity and Justice" to remove all africans is plain racism, but if that doesn't break any rules, then nuff said i guess. :p

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 00:40

Hmm...I do think that the "justice" in the title might be unecessary, edgy and drama inducing, but the "Space diversity" is kinda OK (might not be a diversity you expect or want, but well).

IMO I don't use mods yet due to ventures and I don't feel I need this mod at all, but maybe make same version of this mod that only remove or severely reduce the amount of dread hair (leaving Africans with normal hair)?

Call me a fashion nazi - guilty as charged :D

RPINerd
x4

Post by RPINerd » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 02:03

The title is certainly in poor taste and not fitting of our community, but the actual technical effects of the mod are not racially motivated in any way that I can read.

Tenebris Messorem

Post by Tenebris Messorem » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 10:22

Space Diversity is the name of the original mod. I suppose this is a reference to the SJW movement. Why is it normal to demand more blacks in game (and making less white NPCs), but not to remove them? This is a rhetorical question. Mods allow you to change the game in the direction that you like. If you want more blacks or whites (or asians), you can change that. Justice - is a play on words and a reference to the name of the thread. No one forces you to install a mod, and if you are offended by a joke in its name, you can simply ignore it. And yes, I am pleasantly surprised by the reasonable moderators reaction. The original mod was removed from Steam and Nexus, although it also did not carry racism.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 11:03

As someone else mentioned, could you experiment some more in fashion area:
- make a version that only remove or reduce the dread-style hair (keep Africans in game)?
- try to experiment with some clothes removal/restriction, so that the NPC (no matter the race) looks less like space hobos?
- Egosoft devs mentioned that the frequency of NPC might also have to do with NPC macro variety and that Asian macros are much less in amount - why not just copy/paste/rename asian macros to increase their numbers?

Lets make (all) space NPC great again (more like for the first time - while they do not sux as much as in XR, they still sux).

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 11:14

Only Americans will see this as racism, don't know why, they are just too soft it seems :)

Misunderstood Wookie
x4

Post by Misunderstood Wookie » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 13:09

Well, this is amusing to read.
I know just to fix the problem, replace all the African Americans (lets just cut the cheese here and say the words black NPCs) into Mr.Trump NPC's and Mexicans there we go diversity. (not racist)
It's called humour.
*modified*
*X3 LiteCube User*
MOD GemFX Real Space Shaders
MOD Variety and Rebalance Overhaul Icon Pack
I lost my Hans and should not be flying Solo.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:28

ledhead900 wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 13:09
I know just to fix the problem, replace all the African Americans (lets just cut the cheese here and say the words black NPCs) into Mr.Trump NPC's and Mexicans there we go diversity. (not racist)
It's called humour.
As silly as it sound, it would actually be a nice mod for X4 (having NPC model mod with new models, new faces, new hair and new clothing).

rosssack
x4

Post by rosssack » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:38

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:28
ledhead900 wrote:
It's called humour.
As silly as it sound, it would actually be a nice mod for X4 (having NPC model mod with new models, new faces, new hair and new clothing).
yea can we have a all female mod I play as a Amazon space empire ,if that is not sexist ??? ,ps is the HOP not cultist

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 16:58

rosssack wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:38
yea can we have a all female mod I play as a Amazon space empire ,if that is not sexist ??? ,ps is the HOP not cultist
HOP logo somehow reminds me a Chaos logo from W40k, urging me for extermiatus. Yet with all the HOP representative dialogues they strike me as resonable people with bad PR.
I didn't gave them any favors, yet they are my main trading partner and I was kind enough to push of huge Xenon invasion to their core sector and even win some Xenon space (I decided to be neutral with their conflict with PAR and ARG/ANT).

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 17:04

rosssack wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 28. Apr 19, 14:28
ledhead900 wrote:
It's called humour.
This would be very easy to do.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 17:14

Damn I'd love if X4 had proper NPC management, recruitment + faction uniforms + player faction custom uniform (hopes for like X4 8.0 in a 2+ years).

Tenebris Messorem

Post by Tenebris Messorem » Sun, 28. Apr 19, 21:18

rosssack wrote:
This mod already exists. X-Piratez - it's a mod on Open-XCOM. (And try X-COM Files https://i.imgur.com/hK7dg8l.jpg)

It would be nice to make a mod for customizing characters like in new XCOM.

But what I would like more is the normal ship models. Some ships use the same model. And the design of argon large transport? Big flying box. X Rebirth had great capital ships, I don't know why the developers chose such a strange design for X4.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”