[MOD] DragonCommands = Move Cargo without Trade Offers and more

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

h2odragon3
x4

[MOD] DragonCommands = Move Cargo without Trade Offers and more

Post by h2odragon3 » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 17:15

This mod adds new default behaviors for ships. CargoFerry will
add cargo to a station that doesn't want it, PatrolRoute defends each
of a list of waypoints for a time, and StationSweep gathers loot from
around a station.

(new in v2) DeploySphere spreads mines and/or lasertowers in rings or randomly around a point.

(new in v2) CollectDeployables picks up Resource Probes, Nav Beacons, Satellites, Mines, and Laser Towers in an area.

Download at https://github.com/h2odragon/dragoncommands

This mod is pretty much self-contained should be compatible with others.

## CargoFerry

This is the command I decided to write after finding no way to stockpile
claytronics outside a factory. Simply takes cargo from a source
station to a destination station. Any ware can be specified and
carried, whether its a resource or storage ware on the source or
destination. Several options are provided to allow versatile uses of
this command, see docs for more.

## PatrolRoute

'Defend Position' on a list of points. Waypoints can be any selectable
object (finally a real use for Nav Beacons!), there are time on point
and other options also.

## StationSweep

Gathers loot around a station and stores it there.
Last edited by h2odragon3 on Wed, 3. Jul 19, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.

scav_n_ger
x3ap

Re: [MOD] DragonCommands = Move Cargo without Trade Offers and more

Post by scav_n_ger » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 17:46

Great commands, thanks for that. I am going to give them a try.

Is there any chance of seeing more of those in the future?
I'd be so happy to have designated bombing run commands for Missiles and Torpedo Wings

h2odragon3
x4

Post by h2odragon3 » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 19:44

Thanks!

Yes, I've got several more ideas for things I want my ships to do. This release is what I need for my next play through.

I have not considered a 'Bombing run' idea or anything like it, so thanks for mentioning it, and if you have a more full description of just what you mean please kick in further. I have not as yet done much with missles.

LegionOfOne
x4

Post by LegionOfOne » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 20:52

Interesting ideas, I toyed with the idea of 'force-feeding' wares to a station that doesn't want it.
I went another way, but I am curious : how does a station manager handle it when trying to reserve space for the station's needs and products ? Does it recalculate ?
Edit : you just destroy and create cargo in the proper inventory ! You barbarian :). I don't advise that, but I guess it works, just like you can kill that fly with a ballistic missile...

The other two commands look quite useful, particularly the patrol. Can't ever get these guys to move like I want, this seems to work as advertised. Thanks and well-done.

I don't want to promote my mods too much, not that I gain anything from them, but both my lastest Mules and my Player-Owned Warehouses could have helped you with your claytronics. Without force-feeding :)
Last edited by LegionOfOne on Thu, 13. Jun 19, 09:00, edited 4 times in total.

scav_n_ger
x3ap

Post by scav_n_ger » Wed, 12. Jun 19, 22:08

h2odragon3 wrote:
Wed, 12. Jun 19, 19:44
Thanks!

Yes, I've got several more ideas for things I want my ships to do. This release is what I need for my next play through.

I have not considered a 'Bombing run' idea or anything like it, so thanks for mentioning it, and if you have a more full description of just what you mean please kick in further. I have not as yet done much with missles.
Since you are going to try another play through, you could have a look at the actual behaviour of S-class and M-class ships, if they are fitted with missile launchers in their Main weapon slot and see if you find it agreeable.
I admit, i play heavily modded which might be the issue in the first place, but i very rarely (not at all, if observed in-sector) found my ships firing missiles at anything. Ony missile turrets seem to be reliable. Which makes me question the sense of the vanilla peregrine, minotaur, etc, since last time i checked they were unable to fit missile turrets.

I remember in X3:AP vanilla there was a setting to influence the chance for ships to fire missiles.
CODEA mod had a very immersive, complicated solution for bombing runs.
Litcube's Universe had 2 approaches for firing missiles (MLCC Rules of Engagement and M7M Turret settings) that proved very reliable.

While writing it down, i feel a little guilty because i feel like placing an order.
But what i imagine would be something similar to your Patrol script:

Check if commanded ship has at least 1 main weapon missile launcher.
If yes, enable command "bombing run"
Bombing Run would be similar to your patrol: Let 1 or more target (waypoint) be selected.
Fighter approaches target until in range (eventually check ammo for possible range)
Fire 1 volley of missiles at the target
Do not start a dogfight. Instead go to next waypoint.
If no more waypoint on the list, return to position where the command queue began. (Or dock at carrier / station)

h2odragon3
x4

Post by h2odragon3 » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 19:12

@LegionOfOne: by all means promote your mods, i hadn't seen them as of a month ago when i sketched out the cargoFerry idea and i was heads down on that while you announced it. :) If someone has a need that my mod doesn't fill and yours does then it's great they got a link to it on this thread.

@scav_n_ger: Perhaps i can clarify. What "patrolRoute" does is call the vanilla implementation of "flyTo" and "defend position" in a loop. it is ~ 50 lines of code. I think what you want would be an alternate implementation of, or at least tweaked vesion of, the vanilaa "fight.attack.object.*" scripts, of which there are 5, and which run over 500 lines each. So I hope i don't sound dismissive of the idea when i say im not eager to tackle that yet.

h2odragon3
x4

Post by h2odragon3 » Tue, 2. Jul 19, 04:12

Added New DeployGlobe command: makes a ship deploy mines and/or laser towers in a globe
(or ring) around a specified point. Options control the size of the
globe, number of rings, number and types of items deployed.

Pretty to see, if not actually terribly useful with vanilla deployables.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”