Advanced Behaviors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ghreab
x4

Advanced Behaviors

Post by ghreab » Mon, 17. Jun 19, 13:45

Looking at the x4.exe in notepad++ there is some plain text.
"Initialized UI but addon 'ego_gameoptions' is not loaded."

I added:
<ego_gameoptions>true</ego_gameoptions>
to the config.xml in the Egosoft folder (not game directory)

[strike]It changed to (game replaced entry with):[/strike]
It was removed.

Showed up from chat command.
advancedorderqueue>true</advancedorderqueue>

And now there are two behavior tabs for ships, the new one advanced with a few more options.

edit: it wasn't:
<ego_gameoptions>true</ego_gameoptions>

it was chat window command:
/thereshallbewings

(I was trying to find new commands and thought the ego_gameoptions was the command. (I don't know that does anything)

Mystic5hadow
x4

Re: Advanced Behaviors

Post by Mystic5hadow » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 03:06

WOAH! Okay. Dude. This just let me issue all sorts of orders to my ships AND AND AND I CAN CREATE WINGS WITHOUT USING DEFEND ROLE! OMG!

Mystic5hadow
x4

Post by Mystic5hadow » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 03:09

I can now have all my miners in type-based wings, all doing their own things. Much more organized.

I can now also give more specific commands to my wing ships, give them different roles, choose their follow radius, etc. This is exactly what I've been waiting for! MY GOD. Now if only it could fix passing orders down from Commaders > Wing Commander > Wing. Hmmm....

EDIT: I do believe this has fixed the issue of defense ships flying way ahead of their charge, as well as lagging far behind. Oh sweet jaysus.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 07:16

what, how, when, where?

care to be more detailed?
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Kamuchi_
x4

Post by Kamuchi_ » Mon, 24. Jun 19, 08:18

...and without the ability to change subs commands, you need more mods, and to enable it back, you need 3 of them!
See what's happening?

ghreab
x4

Post by ghreab » Tue, 25. Jun 19, 11:48

You can't change an assigned ship's default behavior though you can queue up another order while out of sector.

New order shows as [disabled] and the [*] [^] [x] tabs to the right of the order: up chevron or carot [^] will bump order into first position, keeping the default behavior.

It is very similar to just ordering ship from map list or comm.

It is a little useful but more of an easteregg. I wonder if there are more ( /reloadui /reloadai & I think /reloadmd were shown in another thread).

There is a Chat Window that can be enabled in the settings. Set a hotkey to bring it up.

Bring up Chat Window and enter:
/thereshallbewings

The debug menu will show an error for unknown commands. If you have the debug enabled when entering /thereshallbewings or /reloadui etc then there will be no debug output and it seems anything with "/" in front, entered into the chat command line, goes into the chat window display but does not necessarily do anything (see debug output).

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”