Lost trying to change character macro

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LucianDragos
x4

Lost trying to change character macro

Post by LucianDragos » Fri, 26. Jul 19, 00:55

Ok so I know next to nothing about X4 modding but have had experience in some XML modding in other games like Saints Row and tweaking some existing mods X3/AP and X:RB. The biggest thing I need to learn is the replace and add commands..

I want to change the apprentice of the Discover PC. I got as far as getting the "character_macros.xml" unpacked, finding the "character_player_discover_macro" and making some test edits, Then tried a brute force override test run by hijacking a mod that already used the same file and replacing theirs with the edited full file. However on starting a new game none of the edits have any effect in game...

This is the edits I made, Note this is just a test attempt and not sure how I want it to look yet also will want to add hair

<!-- Discover Gamestart -->
(unedited data)
<models>
<model type="head" ref="assets/characters/argon/heads/char_arg_f_head_asi_02" />
<model type="torso" ref="assets/characters/argon/bodies/char_arg_f_body_civcroptop_01" />
</models>
(more unedited data)

So I am likely way off... any help would be very welcome and appreciated

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Lost trying to change character macro

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 5. Aug 19, 12:18

you have to make a diff XML file which describes the changes to the file rather than doing a full replacement. cannot give more details currently since I am at work but if you can post the original file content and your desired result I will make a short example from it. (or you look into the tutorials for it which you can find in the stickies)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Vectorial1024
x4

Re: Lost trying to change character macro

Post by Vectorial1024 » Tue, 6. Aug 19, 15:12

Since X4 Foundations and X Rebirth are basically "the same" in how things work, you may refer to this:

viewtopic.php?t=354310
The future awaits.

X4 Foundations mods:
Civilian Fleets: Managing your civilian ships has never been easier.
Station Logistics: Managing your station networks has never been easier.
Scrap Delivery Coordination: No more starving scrap processors.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”