How would one go about adding new weapon effects and sounds?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Skeeter
x3

How would one go about adding new weapon effects and sounds?

Post by Skeeter » Sat, 27. Jul 19, 22:18

Hey all.

Ive not modded x4, i tried a mod for rebirth called dancing security mod but totally forgot what i did now lol.

Anywho i was wondering if its possible to do a bit of weapon effects modding, maybe even create new weapons instead of replacing old ones im not sure yet. I just fancy having some sci fi shows weapons in x4 like photon torpedos and some phasers or something in.

How can i do this and will it be difficult or easy. I would like to try tho.

What id like to do first is perhaps clone the starter weapon then give it a new id/rename then give it a new visual effect and maybe sound if say its from star trek a sfx from the show to go with the visual. Maybe something like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSCWB4GqcFE from the BoP. Or maybe https://youtu.be/0sYoUaAherM?t=155 from the defiant pulse cannons. Tho id really love to get photon torps in that track the enemy as well.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

teleportationwars

Re: How would one go about adding new weapon effects and sounds?

Post by teleportationwars » Sat, 3. Aug 19, 23:36

You can find new weapons on nexus mods or steam. If the files are in cats/dats extract them with the xrcattool.

Most of the art in the game can be fired out of a gun: ships, stars, other guns, all of the lenseffects at once... though you should beware most of the fields on the connections of bullets dont do anything.

There is a link to the community discord in stickies. You should go there to ask for help if you want active help.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”